P.l.e.a.s.e. H.e.l.p. M.e.!!! - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > P.l.e.a.s.e. H.e.l.p. M.e.!!!

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughECGS Fall Sale - 10% Off EVERYTHING!!Gear Packages Available! Your # 1 Diff Shop is ROCKRIDGE 4

Unread 06-17-2012, 06:19 PM   #91
flying_bosun
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffgnar View Post
So you have questionable sticker, uncertain rear axle and non-stock switches for broken lockers? Sounds suspect. Are you sure you have a 241 TC?
Don't freak him out again. The diffs are D44, the locker wiring on the front diff looks OEM, it appears to have Rubi style slip drive shaft, flares, and rocker guards. Plus the VIN says Rubicon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanksoldier View Post
I also admit I'm more than twice your age and may be succumbing to "crotchety old man syndrome".
At least I'm not the only one and though I try to contain it here, it's a powerful syndrome. I have almost zero tolerance for idiocy anymore.

[URL="http://www.grimmjeeper.com/gears.html"][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="3"]Gear-Calculator[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.stu-offroad.com/siteindex.asp"][COLOR="White"][SIZE="3"]Stu Can Help You[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.berrysprinter.com/jeepparts.php"][COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="3"]Part Names and Numbers[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.wholesalemopar.com/"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Red"]Dealer Supplied Parts and ask for "Jeep Club" Prices[/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]

[QUOTE=Ron Paul]“Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.”
― Ron Paul[/QUOTE]

[CENTER][SIZE="5"]"Did [I]you[/I] exchange your walk-on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?"[/SIZE][/CENTER]
flying_bosun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2012, 06:21 PM   #92
flying_bosun
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
His stickers are above the bend in the hood. Regular Rubicon stickers are below the bend.
You are correct, sir. My mistake.
[URL="http://www.grimmjeeper.com/gears.html"][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="3"]Gear-Calculator[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.stu-offroad.com/siteindex.asp"][COLOR="White"][SIZE="3"]Stu Can Help You[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.berrysprinter.com/jeepparts.php"][COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="3"]Part Names and Numbers[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.wholesalemopar.com/"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Red"]Dealer Supplied Parts and ask for "Jeep Club" Prices[/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]

[QUOTE=Ron Paul]“Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.”
― Ron Paul[/QUOTE]

[CENTER][SIZE="5"]"Did [I]you[/I] exchange your walk-on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?"[/SIZE][/CENTER]
Unread 06-17-2012, 06:25 PM   #93
threeb
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTJ12321
What do the periods mean? Are you trolling and upping your post count in your own tech thread?
LJ Owners Group member #431.
threeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2012, 06:27 PM   #94
WindsorRenegade
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying_bosun View Post
Keep being a god sport with thick skin. Nice ride, you'll get get it all fixed up soon enough, I'm sure.

Hang tough, young man, it doesn't get any easier.

Yup, we're just ribbin' ya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanksoldier View Post
I'm hilarious. I'm just not being funny here, now.

I admit that my experience in dealing with teenagers mostly involves making them do pushups and other stupid human tricks when they make mistakes... but I also try to make them think about what they did so they don't make the same mistake twice.

Everybody makes mistakes, not making the same one twice is key.

The point is this: Everything I've seen you worry about in this thread is stuff you should have worried about BEFORE you bought the Jeep. There's no point in worrying about it now, you've bought it. So don't. It's a waste of your time and energy.

Take what you have, whatever it is, and make it what you want it to be. Spend your energy on that.

ETA: Also, think before you act (I know that's hard for you) and you won't have to edit your posts after the fact.

...especially editing them after somebody's already quoted them which just makes you look even worse.

....and all of this
Unread 06-17-2012, 06:28 PM   #95
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying_bosun View Post
Don't freak him out again. The diffs are D44, the locker wiring on the front diff looks OEM, it appears to have Rubi style slip drive shaft, flares, and rocker guards. Plus the VIN says Rubicon.
The sticker is clearly wrong. While the diffs appear to be D44, maybe it is just me but there looks like remanants of old brackets on the axles that don't look right to me. Nonstock locker switches seem very suspect. Did he post picture of the driveshaft? I don't think I saw those. I agree that the flares and rocker guards look right and the VIN is obviously the best thing he has going for him, but it really was a simple question - what does the tag on the TC say?

EDIT: Personally I'm guessing it probably was a Rubicon from the factory, but has had some serious damage done to it and been rebuilt to try to maintain Rubicon characteristics.
Unread 06-17-2012, 06:34 PM   #96
threeb
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying_bosun

At least I'm not the only one and though I try to contain it here, it's a powerful syndrome. I have almost zero tolerance for idiocy anymore.
Could his extra switches have been added to bypass the factory limitations?
Unread 06-17-2012, 06:41 PM   #97
NameUnavailable

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Holy cow, when I was 18 I bought my first ride, a '73 Ford maverick. I think this guy did way better than me. I am still amazed at what I could do in my TJ when it was stock, let alone now.

OP - someone has a quote here "there are a million ways to build a jeep, pick one and do it" - you bought a canvas, not a painting!
NameUnavailable is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2012, 07:28 PM   #98
Heath
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeb

What do the periods mean? Are you trolling and upping your post count in your own tech thread?
He edited embarrassing posts.
Unread 06-17-2012, 07:31 PM   #99
threeb
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath

He edited embarrassing posts.
Oh that explains some of the quotes that were missing from the thread.
Unread 06-17-2012, 07:47 PM   #100
flying_bosun
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
The sticker is clearly wrong. While the diffs appear to be D44, maybe it is just me but there looks like remanants of old brackets on the axles that don't look right to me. Nonstock locker switches seem very suspect. Did he post picture of the driveshaft? I don't think I saw those. I agree that the flares and rocker guards look right and the VIN is obviously the best thing he has going for him, but it really was a simple question - what does the tag on the TC say?

EDIT: Personally I'm guessing it probably was a Rubicon from the factory, but has had some serious damage done to it and been rebuilt to try to maintain Rubicon characteristics.
Yeah, the stickers are wrong and I saw the brackets, too, but what's the deal with the rear upper CA? Is that triangulated?

The locker switches are odd, I just figured the PO like the illuminated switches.

As for the DS, there was a pic or two that have somehow disappeared (not cool, FirstTJ ). It was tough to see, but I looked very closely and I'm fairly certain is has at least a front slip-shaft. The OP has edited all of his posts and apparently thought it was prudent to delete much of everything.

Asking about the TC tag is certainly fair enough, but given the OP's infantile editing, I could not care less any longer. (see above post about intolerance for idiocy).

― Ron Paul[/QUOTE]

Unread 06-17-2012, 07:50 PM   #101
BamaJeepman21
1998 TJ Wrangler 

His Jeep is more of a mess than Lindsey Lohan on probation.

-Jack
BamaJeepman21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2012, 07:53 PM   #102
ssquier92
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NameUnavailable View Post
Holy cow, when I was 18 I bought my first ride, a '73 Ford maverick. I think this guy did way better than me. I am still amazed at what I could do in my TJ when it was stock, let alone now.

OP - someone has a quote here "there are a million ways to build a jeep, pick one and do it" - you bought a canvas, not a painting!
Not to be off topic but my first was a 71 maverick grabber bought it when i was 13 and fixed it up!
2002 TJ 3.25" RC lift, 1.25 BL, MML, 33X12.50 Goodyear MTR w/ Kevlar, adjustable front trac bar, cut stock bumper, poison hood louver, B&M short shifter, chromoly rear axle shafts in the d44 4.88s Grizzly locker, Aussie locker up front in d30,10,500lb winch w/ synthetic rope, antirock, jcr sliders, savvy arms

Work harder, thousands of people on welfare are counting on you.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/ssquier92s-02-tj-build-thread-1142141/index4.html"]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/ssquier92s-02-tj-build-thread-1142141/index4.html[/URL]
ssquier92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2012, 08:11 PM   #103
threeb
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Is this still tech?
Unread 06-17-2012, 08:16 PM   #104
WindsorRenegade
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Depends if he comes back and wants help building this thing right, I suppose.
Unread 06-17-2012, 08:44 PM   #105
TJDaveX
Motorized Toy Collector

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaJeepman21 View Post
His Jeep is more of a mess than Lindsey Lohan on probation.
: I felt bad for calling it a pile.

I don't feel so bad anymore.
TJDaveX is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.