P-301 Answers and am I unlucky? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > P-301 Answers and am I unlucky?

Artec Flash Sale - 15% off and Free Shipping over $300Rugged Ridge Bumpers, Winches, Performance from CCOR!JK Front Axle Truss

Unread 11-09-2009, 06:20 AM   #1
D_Boone
2003 TJ Wrangler 

P-301 Answers and am I unlucky?

Ok, so I finally took it to a trusted mechanic and turns out it was the ignition coil, but the pinging sound he things is a stuck lifter. So he is going to pull the head tonight and replace/fix as needed. At 62K miles, and these kinds of issues, do I sell this thing and buy a cheaper, older jeep, that at least I don't make a car payment on? I have owned 2 wranglers now, I it seems neither one were without problems before they go to 100k. Is this just accepted? Am I just unlucky? I really would like one I have money to work on, but if I am just fixing problems then I will never get there.

D_Boone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2009, 06:53 AM   #2
silvershark
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I hope you are just unlucky I put about 5000 miles on my 2000 TJ I just purchaced. I had an 84 CJ that I put 200k miles on and I only had problems with a few times... It never left me stranded though! With my tool box in the back I had no worries. Now my tj, I like the AC and the nice heat with the little defroster vents for the side windows but, if it ever stops running I think Im gonna be SOL (I have a tow company on speed dial just incase). My point- you might like a cj cuz it doesn't have all the extra bs.
silvershark is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.