Oxygen Sensor Problem / Question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Oxygen Sensor Problem / Question

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 03-17-2009, 06:35 PM   #1
jeep11484
2008 JK Wrangler 

Oxygen Sensor Problem / Question

Okay, so i bought an 01 Wrangler on Saturday. It was just too good of a deal for me to pass up (especially since it was garage kept and never off road). I started it up today and my check engine light came on.
So i did the key trick and pulled the following codes: P0136, P0141, P0161.
I did use the search function and i found out what the problem(s) should be. It appears that it was oxygen sensor(s).
According to the info on JF i needed to replace the oxygen sensor downstream on the front and rear manifold. Hopefully that makes sense.
So i ran down to Advance Auto since they are right around the corner and tried to get the parts i needed to try and fix it tonight.
So they didn't have all the parts i neede. They had the front one which is Bosch part #13687 but not the rear one part #13691. According to them #13691 is discontinued and they cannot get it.
So i looked on the internet to see what i could find. I found a site that said they had them so i added it to the cart and proceeded to checkout. Once i did it actually changed the part number to #13867 and beside it put (13691). So the question i have is will part number #13687 work for both my needs or am i missing something. I pulled them both off to look at them and they look the same to me but want someone elses expert opinion since i am no expert. Thanks

jeep11484 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.