Oxygen Sensor Problem / Question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Oxygen Sensor Problem / Question

THE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Unread 03-17-2009, 06:35 PM   #1
jeep11484
2014 JK Wrangler 

Oxygen Sensor Problem / Question

Okay, so i bought an 01 Wrangler on Saturday. It was just too good of a deal for me to pass up (especially since it was garage kept and never off road). I started it up today and my check engine light came on.
So i did the key trick and pulled the following codes: P0136, P0141, P0161.
I did use the search function and i found out what the problem(s) should be. It appears that it was oxygen sensor(s).
According to the info on JF i needed to replace the oxygen sensor downstream on the front and rear manifold. Hopefully that makes sense.
So i ran down to Advance Auto since they are right around the corner and tried to get the parts i needed to try and fix it tonight.
So they didn't have all the parts i neede. They had the front one which is Bosch part #13687 but not the rear one part #13691. According to them #13691 is discontinued and they cannot get it.
So i looked on the internet to see what i could find. I found a site that said they had them so i added it to the cart and proceeded to checkout. Once i did it actually changed the part number to #13867 and beside it put (13691). So the question i have is will part number #13687 work for both my needs or am i missing something. I pulled them both off to look at them and they look the same to me but want someone elses expert opinion since i am no expert. Thanks

jeep11484 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.