Overkill SKinz - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Overkill SKinz

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!The Ruffstuff Optima Battery Box!

Unread 08-29-2010, 03:55 AM   #1
kuruma
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Overkill SKinz

Anybody using any of these products? These things look bad to the bone but not much information I can find on them. Post pics or reviews please if you are using them.

kuruma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2010, 09:05 AM   #2
robncar
We Got The Cup, AGAIN!!!

2005 TJ Wrangler 

3/16 steel?
tjsks.png  
robncar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2010, 09:19 AM   #3
QuickSilverCon
2006 TJ Wrangler 

sounds like they would be a PITA to install, why not just use a separate set of corners and rockers? What's the advantage to having it be one piece?
QuickSilverCon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2010, 02:52 PM   #4
kuruma
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickSilverCon View Post
sounds like they would be a PITA to install, why not just use a separate set of corners and rockers? What's the advantage to having it be one piece?
I'd like to know that as well.I can see it both ways. 1) shocks would transfer energy throughout the entire area which would dissipate it better. 2) different parts would probably allow the body to slightly "move" better in flexing situations. Not that twisting the body is good but I can see how allowing it to move slightly would be a bit better for the Jeep. Not so stiff.
kuruma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2010, 04:14 PM   #5
Dogman
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Personally I would go for aluminum (Savvy) for the weight savings.
Unread 08-29-2010, 05:16 PM   #6
robncar
We Got The Cup, AGAIN!!!

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogman View Post
Personally I would go for aluminum (Savvy) for the weight savings.
Yep, I'm with ya...
robncar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2010, 06:16 PM   #7
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickSilverCon View Post
IF there was an advantage and that's a bit of a stretch, it would be overcome fairly rapidly by poor material usage on the laser table, installation difficulty, higher material costs if you scrap one and we all do on the manufacturing side, higher shipping costs, and the real big one, I have yet to see two TJ's with the same relationship between the top of the tub and the top of the door sill.

Plus, if you damage a rocker, now you get to replace both.

As time goes by and the TJ gets older and older, you will see more of this. Folks do stuff just to be different and not because it's a good idea.

As far as I'm concerned, no set of corners should ever be cut around the tailgate hinges, just simply no need for something that NEVER fits correctly.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.