Out of spec thrust angle question and diagnosis - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Out of spec thrust angle question and diagnosis

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 08-08-2010, 01:19 PM   #1
01TJfuntime
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Out of spec thrust angle question and diagnosis

So my thrust angle is a positive .43 degrees. By my techs calculation thats a fifth of a degree over spec...subsequently it needs to be fixed. I have a 2" coil lift which is more like 2.75" in the rear. Stock control arms and track bar. I posted a thread on this last week so forgive me if its redundant but the axle sticks out of the passenger side about half an inch further than the drivers side. Would an adjustable track bar, or a relocation bracket help me out?

Thanks.

01TJfuntime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2010, 02:16 PM   #2
BlueFlame
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Personally, I would forget about it. Not worth chasing.

But, if you're looking for an excuse to upgrade, then some adjustable control arms and track bars will fix you up.
BlueFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2010, 02:37 PM   #3
crgrissom
Master of Reality

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01TJfuntime View Post
So my thrust angle is a positive .43 degrees. By my techs calculation thats a fifth of a degree over spec...subsequently it needs to be fixed. I have a 2" coil lift which is more like 2.75" in the rear. Stock control arms and track bar. I posted a thread on this last week so forgive me if its redundant but the axle sticks out of the passenger side about half an inch further than the drivers side. Would an adjustable track bar, or a relocation bracket help me out?

Thanks.
Since there is nothing adjustable in the rear, not much you can do unless you upgrade some parts.

Maybe the stock track bar being at a higher angle and arcing your axle to the passenger side is pulling you out of spec, so an adjustable track bar or simply a relocation bracket would probably help.

Did you loosen the control arm bolts and re-torque them with the Jeep on the ground? If not you might try that, because they would be binding a bit, which along with the uneven pull of the trackbar may be enough to get it that much out-of-kilter.

Chuck

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
- Thomas A. Edison
crgrissom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
thrust angle , track bar , trac bar , relocation bracket , tj , wrangler , axle , center

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.