ORO Swayloc Install - Check my Links and Arms - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > ORO Swayloc Install - Check my Links and Arms

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 12-06-2008, 01:46 PM   #1
SuperWade2
More Money than Brains

1999 TJ Wrangler 

ORO Swayloc Install - Check my Links and Arms

Just wanted to have people who know what's up with the SWAYLOC install take a quick peek to see if it looks like my Arms are at an OK angle and links more or less appropriately sized and set.

Thanks in advance...

Wade

img_3086.jpg   img_3087.jpg   img_3088.jpg  
2014 WK2 Overland 5.7L
SuperWade2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2008, 03:19 PM   #2
cincytj

pretty sure the arms are supposed to be parallel to the ground. Im not sure what effect it will have being a little higher but it looks like you dont have any adjust ment left to bring them down. did you buy the right kit for your lift height? maybe call ORO and ask if its an issue
knoblock rear bumper, OBA in process,
bestop tire carrier, 35-12.5-16 trXus MT's on MOABs with 1.25 spidertrax
Currie HD steering
Nth Degree 6" LA kit. Garvin Wilderness Rack w/hi-lift mnt
HEMI & 5spd Auto
cincytj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2008, 03:24 PM   #3
rubidriver
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincytj View Post
pretty sure the arms are supposed to be parallel to the ground. Im not sure what effect it will have being a little higher but it looks like you dont have any adjust ment left to bring them down. did you buy the right kit for your lift height? maybe call ORO and ask if its an issue
I have no idea what ORO suggest, but your suppost to have it at a 10 degree incline on the sway bar to make it perform similar to stock. The less degree incline you have the worse it handles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigj1974 View Post
your money will go farther in College Station.
rubidriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2008, 03:35 PM   #4
SuperWade2
More Money than Brains

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincytj View Post
They provide adjustable links now...there is a 4.5", 3.5" and 2.5" inch (I think) set of links... I used the 4.5" and 3.5", but could swap the 2.5" in... the instructions do mention 10-15 degrees of incline, but I don't have an angle finder, so I guessed, and tried to make the links on either side the same.

Not quite perfectly Verticle, either, which probably means my Axle isn't quite centered (which I suspect for other reasons).

SW2
2014 WK2 Overland 5.7L
Unread 12-06-2008, 03:42 PM   #5
cincytj

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubidriver View Post
I have no idea what ORO suggest, but your suppost to have it at a 10 degree incline on the sway bar to make it perform similar to stock. The less degree incline you have the worse it handles.
I looked at my instruction picture and they were parallel as far as I could tell. I will read it and see what they suggest, it has been a while since I put mine on
Currie HD steering
HEMI & 5spd Auto
Unread 12-06-2008, 03:49 PM   #6
cincytj

the instructions dont mention angle, but the pictures show them parallel to the ground. the only mention of position is to make sure when the tire is stuffed and you turn the wheel the tire cant grab an arm and bend it, not sure if the higher position is more likely to grab or the lower position so I guess you need to watch it until you know for sure you are clear when stuffed
Currie HD steering
HEMI & 5spd Auto
Unread 12-06-2008, 09:55 PM   #7
SuperWade2
More Money than Brains

1999 TJ Wrangler 

I was going off the info from this thread...was hoping that more people that have installed (or designed ) the Swayloc would chime in..

"I called Off Road Only (ORO, manufacture of Swayloc) and asked them, they said the operating angle should be between 10-15 degrees above horizontal, a little higher but pretty close to what the FSM says for the factory bar."

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...hlight=swayloc
2014 WK2 Overland 5.7L
Unread 12-06-2008, 09:58 PM   #8
BillR
2005 LJ Wrangler 

They look like mine, about even with the frame.
That'll work good.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.