ordering lift what else to get - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > ordering lift what else to get

New! JK/U skid plate system.We now have Uniballs!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 05-21-2015, 03:35 AM   #1
Morgan12
1988 YJ Wrangler 

ordering lift what else to get

I've decided to order a 2" BDS lift with the 5500 steering stabilizer after reading on here its probably the best bet for the money . I wanna do it right so I called up a few shops and got different answers. I don't wanna be waiting on parts either so looked here and saw a few different answers as well. Its going on a 98 tj I've been told I should/ should not get the rear sway bar relocation bracket and adjustable BDS cam bolts by a few different shops. Of course there goal is to sell me stuff. Also will qd sway bar links really work that good with only a 2" lift I'll be running 32 and 31 inch tires. As far as an mml goes should I spend money on one or wait and just use a few washers. Finally I saw some people on the boards said to go with extended bumper stops what's thoughts on that. The mechanical install side of its no big deal to me I just wanna make sure I order everything I need and get it right the first time. Thanks

Morgan12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2015, 08:33 AM   #2
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Don't recall what all that kit includes but with 2" of lift you shouldn't have to do a lot. Yes, on the margin cam bolts might help, although with a 98 you might have them OEM. Check. Caster not going to be thrown off that much anyway. Bumpstop extensions, in particular in the rear, probably are necessary if not included in the kit. Disconnects for the front really depends on you and how you'll use the jeep. Not required at all, but probably some benefit offroad. Reference to rear sway bar relocation bracket doesn't make sense. Do you mean track bar? At 2" of lift you probably are fine, but that's a simple fix if you do end up needing it. You are unlikely to get vibes with only 2" of lift so hold off on the MML. If you are one of the unlucky few who do it should only take a couple washers to space down the TC skid and then you can decide what your permanent solution is.
Unread 05-21-2015, 06:34 PM   #3
joe_jeep
2005 LJ Wrangler 

All the advice above is solid.
Bds is a good kit.
Enjoy!
glfwda #6624
2005 rubicon sahara lj #592
joe_jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.