Opinions on track bar: Savvy vs metal cloak - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Opinions on track bar: Savvy vs metal cloak

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?

Unread 05-24-2013, 10:02 AM   #91
J03_TJ
Self Smarted

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffgnar

With what I believe to be the newer Currie rear bar (and 4" lift and Savvy UA) the closest point of contact is near the middle of the bar. Rubbed ever so slightly on the edge of the middle GTS mounting nut before I adjusted things. It is close out on the corner of the front driver's corner of the GTS and if I put the trackbar mounting bolt through from the front it will hit, but if put through from the back the head clears. Note though that my axle mounting bracket there is a little different than most.
Thanks for that info. Yeah I think that close to rubbing spot in your GTS is where I have a definite rub. My axle bracket is a little different to. I also push the bolt in from the rear, I have no clearance problems with the trackbar bolt, just one of the GTS bolts and its nut, and yep it is somewhere mid span on the trackbar.

J03_TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 10:09 AM   #92
J03_TJ
Self Smarted

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by matsonian

I am working to get pics of our rear track bar clearance as well.
That would be great, specially if you can get a pic with it stuffed showing the area around the gas tank skid mounting flange and the trackbar. I take it the rear bar has a Heim on one end? I'm not as concerned about the heim wearing like Gerald at Savvy mentioned above, I only have one Heim joint on my jeep and it lasted 8 years before it started squeaking, never noticed any slop in it. Sorry if its been covered, but what size bolts are required for the rear bar?
Unread 05-24-2013, 10:11 AM   #93
freeskier93
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by J03_TJ View Post
That would be great, specially if you can get a pic with it stuffed showing the area around the gas tank skid mounting flange and the trackbar. I take it the rear bar has a Heim on one end? I'm not as concerned about the heim wearing like Gerald at Savvy mentioned above, I only have one Heim joint on my jeep and it lasted 8 years before it started squeaking, never noticed any slop in it. Sorry if its been covered, but what size bolts are required for the rear bar?
It has been covered a couple times now. Their rear track bar re uses stock bolts.

CU Boulder Aerospace Engineering
freeskier93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 10:14 AM   #94
J03_TJ
Self Smarted

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeskier93

It has been covered a couple times now. Their rear track bar re uses stock bolts.
Oops, okay.
Unread 05-24-2013, 10:20 AM   #95
xxthomasxx
2006 TJ Wrangler 

This track bar is looking very promising as I am trying to decide between this one and the JKS OGS126. I would like to see some reviews from users that might have this installed already.
xxthomasxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 10:25 AM   #96
elclipo
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Looks like I just found my track bar.
elclipo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 10:45 AM   #97
TheRealZ

Quote:
Ask Matson how much he charges for a new "spare" heim joint. They are dirt cheap........I'll be picking up a pair of spares with my order.
TheRealZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 11:08 AM   #98
JeepZJlover
2002 TJ Wrangler 

If one was running the Arb edition kit with 33s would it need bumpstops? I fully intend on buying this kit when funds allow
1993 Cherokee 4dr SE green, 4.0, Auto, HP30, 8.25, 3" lift 31" Goodyear Duratracs, Custom made front recovery bumper, Kenwood radio, 12" alpine type e subwoofer,alpine amplifier, Smittybilt xrc8 winch, tuff stuff portable winch receiver custom modified. 2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0, 5 speed, Dana 30 front, Dana 44 trac loc rear, Stock
JeepZJlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 02:24 PM   #99
elclipo
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealZ View Post
Ask Matson how much he charges for a new "spare" heim joint. They are dirt cheap........I'll be picking up a pair of spares with my order.
This is not a bad idea
elclipo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 02:59 PM   #100
J03_TJ
Self Smarted

2003 TJ Wrangler 

So on the subject of Heim joints, are they all created equal??? I am guessing not, but don't know. The one that is on my Jeep is the front Rubicon Express trackbar, which I stated had lasted 8 years or so before it stared squeaking. If I recall the RE heim had a plastic race that looked to be embedded in the heim joint. Do all Heims utilize a plastic race or are some metal on metal?? Wondering if the one from MC would be last as long on a trackbar as the one I have in my RE bar.
Unread 05-24-2013, 03:30 PM   #101
TheRealZ

Quote:
So on the subject of Heim joints, are they all created equal??? I am guessing not, but don't know. The one that is on my Jeep is the front Rubicon Express trackbar, which I stated had lasted 8 years or so before it stared squeaking. If I recall the RE heim had a plastic race that looked to be embedded in the heim joint. Do all Heims utilize a plastic race or are some metal on metal?? Wondering if the one from MC would be last as long on a trackbar as the one I have in my RE bar.
The heims used in the MC trackbar seem to be a common size.....so Im sure quality isn't going to be an issue.
TheRealZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2013, 06:27 PM   #102
Ljcrawler05
2005 LJ Wrangler 

So no memorial day weekend sale apparently...
Ljcrawler05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2013, 08:36 AM   #103
Gary2
2005 TJ Wrangler 

On the MC front track bar , Does any one know the distance from the mounting surface of the heim where it meets the track bar mount to the center of the ball ( pivot point ) on the heim . I want to determine if it is any less than what I have on my JKS 126 bar with the 5/8" bolt JJ installed. It may be a better match to the pivot point on the drag link end at the pitman which would make the track bar and DL more evenly matched making the draglink and track bar closer to being parallel than a bar with a JJ on the frame mounted end .
Unread 05-27-2013, 09:00 AM   #104
aparke4
Web Wheeler

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljcrawler05 View Post
So no memorial day weekend sale apparently...
yeah free shipping! freedom2013 via facebook
aparke4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2013, 09:25 AM   #105
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
So on the subject of Heim joints, are they all created equal???
Most definitely not.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.