Opinions on track bar: Savvy vs metal cloak - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Opinions on track bar: Savvy vs metal cloak

FLASH SALE! Open thread to reveil the Newest Sale @ ROCKRIFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valuePremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Unread 05-23-2013, 07:14 PM   #76
freeskier93
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by matsonian View Post
My statement above was in regards to the 6Paks, which, even if you had a JJ small enough, would not work because you don't want to give the 6Paks that much rotational capability.

If you are referring to the Track Bar, however, theoretically, if you had a JJ with the right size shaft and thread, you could (our heim is 0.75-16 X .875). Important to note is the size of the JJ body vs. the heim and the clearance the heim provides in the above pics (notice how close it is to the mount).
Yeah sorry, I was talking about the track bar. Good point about the clearance.

CU Boulder Aerospace Engineering
freeskier93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2013, 07:14 PM   #77
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
very cool!
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2013, 10:00 PM   #78
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
BTW, thank you for the challenge. Without that, I wouldn't have taken the time to tear down the rig for these pics.
out of curiosity, is the axle centered at ride height in those pics? How much lift was on that rig? what are the upper and lower control arm lengths (eye to eye)? Trying to compare to my setup.
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2013, 02:45 AM   #79
chmo
Web Wheeler
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

The Bar Pin Eliminator adds about a 1/4" compared to the stock bar pin and the upper mounting bracket adds about 1.5". Our collapsed measurement of the 12" 6Pak is 13" from eye to eye. Very little is being added to that with the mounting hardware.

In the above pics, with the TJ fully stuffed (without the rubber jounce in place) the distance between the bar pin and the upper shock mount location in the shock tower is 13 3/8". With the stock rubber jounce in, there would be plenty of room for the 6Pak to fully stuff in the front.

The primary reason, IMHO, for anyone to use bump stops is Tire Size. In our kits we provide an adjustable bump stop system. Allowing customers to put everything from ZERO bump stop to 4" of bump stop, depending on their personal need. Our only prescription for bump stop is Tire-Size and fender recommendations. Running 33's with our fenders, no bump stop ever needed... running 37's and stock fenders, you had better bump stop it out.

Thank you Matsonian!

Zero bum stop is unlikely because 1.75" added to 13" would not quite fit into 13 3/8" (jounce bumper compress fully!).

BUT all in all these dimensions look great!
At ride height with your MC coils it would put the 12" travel shocks approx in the middle of their stroke!

I have to admit now ... the game changer kit for the TJ looks very attractive to me!!!

Sorry for the hard time ... and thanks a lot for your patience !
chmo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2013, 05:09 AM   #80
mike_dippert
hodophobic

2005 LJ Wrangler 

So if I'm keeping up...
A MC 3.5 lift, MC fenders, a 1" BL, and 1.5" bumps...
12" travel with 37" tires?
JF taught me that the 2.5L, Ax-5 and D35 together are so powerful that angels weep when I shift into 4LO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
The only thing a bicycle inner tube is good for, is tying a knot in the end of when you run out of condoms.
mike_dippert is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2013, 05:48 AM   #81
TheRealZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_dippert View Post
So if I'm keeping up...
A MC 3.5 lift, MC fenders, a 1" BL, and 1.5" bumps...
12" travel with 37" tires?
My calcs say 2" bumpstops front and rear due to shocks n springs for one reason or another.....assuming 6pak shocks n mc springs
TheRealZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2013, 07:25 AM   #82
J03_TJ
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

This thread seems to be mostly about the front trackbar. What about the rear bar for those of us with 4" of lift and a tummy tuck. The corner if the gas tank skid area and it's bolt hits my current JKS bar. I've heard the newer Currie bar clears in this area, curious if the MC rear trackbar clears this area of the gas tank skid.
J03_TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2013, 07:46 AM   #83
TheRealZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by J03_TJ View Post
This thread seems to be mostly about the front trackbar. What about the rear bar for those of us with 4" of lift and a tummy tuck. The corner if the gas tank skid area and it's bolt hits my current JKS bar. I've heard the newer Currie bar clears in this area, curious if the MC rear trackbar clears this area of the gas tank skid.
Plus Id like to know if a TB relocation bracket in the rear is needed, and if that feedback post from MC's site has any merit.......something about proper hardware not coming with the rear TB, plus a poor fit due to not being able to get the correct hardware for it?

Hoping Matson gets back on these questions. Ive been running stock TB's with an OME rear relocation bracket just so I could keep all clearances and not have to bumpstop(well I use the small OME 15mm bumpstops)......but would love to replace the F/R TB's with adjustable aftermarket ones...........
Unread 05-24-2013, 08:08 AM   #84
taterhed
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Thank you...

Quote:
I will never ship anything with the presumption that it will be returned... in other words no return label included in the package. However, and you can check else where on this very forum, we believe customer service is tantamount to good business and we will happily take back any product that any customer is not 100% happy with.

Here are a couple pics of our TJ Solid Chromoly Front Track Bar on a TJ at full stuff with no coils, no shocks, no bump stops and the rubber in the jounce removed.

The fitment is tight, but it clears.

This particular rig can use a little more tuning on the control arms, you can see from this pic that the jounce is not centered on the bump pad. If it the control arms were adjusted so that they were centered, we'd have more clearance in the front.

BTW, thank you for the challenge. Without that, I wouldn't have taken the time to tear down the rig for these pics.
I just wanted to say thanks.

As a potential customer who is shopping arms, bars and more (for my LJ), you have proven to me that you really care about your products, your rep and (potential) customers. Nope, I don't own any MC yet, and I don't work for 'em either.

Not everybody would rise to the challenge and prove your point.

So, regardless of how this thread wanders (like my stock LJ), I appreciate the show of effort and diligence.

There is a reason why Savvy and now MC are on the top of my list

Last edited by taterhed; 05-24-2013 at 08:34 AM.. Reason: drop pictures
taterhed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2013, 08:46 AM   #85
tntempest
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I used all the OEM hardware with the MC rear trackbar and there were no problems. This was last week.
Unread 05-24-2013, 09:17 AM   #86
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I've heard the newer Currie bar clears in this area
With what I believe to be the newer Currie rear bar (and 4" lift and Savvy UA) the closest point of contact is near the middle of the bar. Rubbed ever so slightly on the edge of the middle GTS mounting nut before I adjusted things. It is close out on the corner of the front driver's corner of the GTS and if I put the trackbar mounting bolt through from the front it will hit, but if put through from the back the head clears. Note though that my axle mounting bracket there is a little different than most.
Unread 05-24-2013, 09:26 AM   #87
matsonian
MetalCloak'd

1977 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealZ View Post
Plus Id like to know if a TB relocation bracket in the rear is needed, and if that feedback post from MC's site has any merit.......something about proper hardware not coming with the rear TB, plus a poor fit due to not being able to get the correct hardware for it?

Hoping Matson gets back on these questions.
Please refer to post #75 where I answered your questions.

For quotes or customer service Click Here

Lots and Lots of Videos: https://www.youtube.com/metalcloak
matsonian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2013, 09:28 AM   #88
matsonian
MetalCloak'd

1977 CJ7 

Quote:
I am working to get pics of our rear track bar clearance as well.

For quotes or customer service Click Here

Lots and Lots of Videos: https://www.youtube.com/metalcloak
matsonian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2013, 09:31 AM   #89
J03_TJ
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by J03_TJ
Sorry, I was half asleep when I wrote the above question. The area that contacts my current rear trackbar is the forward mounting flange on the gas tank skid and one of the nuts that holds this flange to Jeep. I wish I had a picture to show. It is mid-span on the bar if I recall. The bar actually smacks the end of the bolt and the nut on that bolt. This is with the Savvy GTS.
J03_TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2013, 09:33 AM   #90
TheRealZ

Quote:
Please refer to post #75 where I answered your questions.
Oh jeez, never saw that post from last night. TY.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.