Opinions on track bar: Savvy vs metal cloak - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Opinions on track bar: Savvy vs metal cloak

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-20-2013, 02:19 PM   #31
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljcrawler05 View Post
Where'd u see that
People mistaking the Currie track bar for a Savvy product, when in reality Savvy is just the retailer.

Imped is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2013, 02:27 PM   #32
ctorres018
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Where'd u see that
The title..?
Unread 05-20-2013, 02:35 PM   #33
Ljcrawler05
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctorres018 View Post

The title..?
Haha ok looked right over that on mobile, but the only one offered on savvys website is curries TB, that's the one theyre talking about
Ljcrawler05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2013, 03:51 PM   #34
ctorres018
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Haha ok looked right over that on mobile, but the only one offered on savvys website is curries TB, that's the one theyre talking about
I know that is the one they are referring to.
Unread 05-20-2013, 03:56 PM   #35
Ljcrawler05
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctorres018 View Post

I know that is the one they are referring to.
Figured that, but I honestly got a little excited when you pointed out savvy TB.. I even went up there just to check but didn't come back with a new product
Unread 05-20-2013, 11:34 PM   #36
matsonian
MetalCloak'd

1977 CJ7 

Just to add a comment in here about clearance.

Our Solid Chromoly Track Bars for both the JK and the TJ/LJ are designed to be able to handle the full travel of the 6Pak shocks meaning that they fully clear all obstacles during Up-Travel and Down-Travel.

For quotes or customer service Click Here

Lots and Lots of Videos: https://www.youtube.com/metalcloak
matsonian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2013, 11:46 PM   #37
Ljcrawler05
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by matsonian View Post

Our Solid Chromoly Track Bars for both the JK and the TJ/LJ are designed to be able to handle the full travel of the 6Pak shocks meaning that they fully clear all obstacles during Up-Travel and Down-Travel.
Heard the rear was backordered is it still?
Unread 05-20-2013, 11:49 PM   #38
matsonian
MetalCloak'd

1977 CJ7 

Quote:
Heard the rear was backordered is it still?
Yes, however, we expect full inventory replenishment by the end of the week.

For quotes or customer service Click Here

Lots and Lots of Videos: https://www.youtube.com/metalcloak
matsonian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2013, 12:09 AM   #39
Ljcrawler05
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Well that works out pretty well, I get paid friday I've got a question though... I will be running a 2.5" lift in combination with a tummy tuck and was wondering if the amount of adjustment necessary for the pinion angle is too much for the track bar(concerned for the rear)? Your track bar was designed to work with your 3.5" lift rather than the nearly 5.5" of lift that I will have to compensate for with the pinion angle/control arm adjustment. I've got metalcloak arms btw.. just haven't installed them yet waiting for the TT to go on.
Unread 05-21-2013, 01:08 AM   #40
TheRealZ

Quote:

Yes, but your 6 pak shocks require major bumpstopping (I calculate 2" plus on the front alone) on the TJ to begin with. In a sense they are "falsely" advertised as a 13" compressed length shock body, but on the TJ, that in reality is actually over a 15" length since you need to run BPE's for them on the bottom, and a special adaptor for the top mount........both together add basically about 2"s to its TRUE compressed length on a TJ. That in turn means that significant bumpstopping has to be used. For those looking for maximum uptravel, that means you just started the handicapp if using your products at 2" on the uptravel vs other products on the market. So the TB itself, due to lack of bends probably I would guess needs a minimum of 2" bumpstopping as well, especially if used with other products, so for people looking for a high clearance TB solution not packaged together with the other MC suspension products the MC one is most likely not the best option, or at least for those looking for true maximum uptravel with minimumal or no bumpstopping.

Last edited by TheRealZ; 05-21-2013 at 07:22 AM..
TheRealZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2013, 08:57 AM   #41
RnEmOvr
Have Cummins, Will tow.

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boog View Post
I have the front MC track bar. Works good for me..heres a couple pics of the clearance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlimited04 View Post
those pics don't tell us jack squat. post full bump pics with specs of bumpstop extension length, control arm lengths, and compressed shock lengths.
Not only that but OP asked for the REAR not the front.
Quote:
Not trying to be a dick but how many times has a vendor said "next week" then month later still says same. Hope you don't let anyone down.
RnEmOvr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2013, 10:54 AM   #42
Wheelin98TJ
JEEP FREAK

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealZ View Post
Yes, but your 6 pak shocks require major bumpstopping (I calculate 2" plus on the front alone) on the TJ to begin with. In a sense they are "falsely" advertised as a 13" compressed length shock body, but on the TJ, that in reality is actually over a 15" length since you need to run BPE's for them on the bottom, and a special adaptor for the top mount........both together add basically about 2"s to its TRUE compressed length on a TJ....

Compressed length should only consider the shock. Keeps things simple and consistent.

Mounting is up to the user.
Wheelin98TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2013, 11:08 AM   #43
Ljcrawler05
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Well that works out pretty well, I get paid friday I've got a question though... I will be running a 2.5" lift in combination with a tummy tuck and was wondering if the amount of adjustment necessary for the pinion angle is too much for the track bar(concerned for the rear)? Your track bar was designed to work with your 3.5" lift rather than the nearly 5.5" of lift that I will have to compensate for with the pinion angle/control arm adjustment. I've got metalcloak arms btw.. just haven't installed them yet waiting for the TT to go on.
Answered my own question just thinking it out in the shower. Geometry... Haha. It'll work as long as your 3.5" lift on a tj will run the TB because my lj will see less axle rotation than a tj with just your lift
Unread 05-21-2013, 11:56 AM   #44
TheRealZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelin98TJ View Post

Compressed length should only consider the shock. Keeps things simple and consistent.

Mounting is up to the user.
Compressed length needs to take into consideration any needed "accessories" or even modifications as well. For a typical "bolt on" user, you have to use the BPE's both front and rear, and the front also has a top mounting adaptor which also adds over an inch and a half to the length. So in the front real world compressed length ends up being over 15", not 13". That means your looking at 2" bumpstopping just due to the shocks.

The only way your going to get a true 13" compressed out of the smallest 6pak shock for a TJ or LJ is by doing cut and weld modifications to the upper and/or lower mounts.

So if someone wants to do a drop in shock upgrade and not have to worry about having to add bumpstops because of the shocks and maximise uptravel, the 6pak shocks really won't work vs. say an OME N66 which from stem to barpin is 13" compressed.
TheRealZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2013, 12:11 PM   #45
Wheelin98TJ
JEEP FREAK

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealZ View Post
Compressed length needs to take into consideration any needed "accessories" or even modifications as well. For a typical "bolt on" user, you have to use the BPE's both front and rear, and the front also has a top mounting adaptor which also adds over an inch and a half to the length. So in the front real world compressed length ends up being over 15", not 13". That means your looking at 2" bumpstopping just due to the shocks.

The only way your going to get a true 13" compressed out of the smallest 6pak shock for a TJ or LJ is by doing cut and weld modifications to the upper and/or lower mounts.

So if someone wants to do a drop in shock upgrade and not have to worry about having to add bumpstops because of the shocks and maximise uptravel, the 6pak shocks really won't work vs. say an OME N66 which from stem to barpin is 13" compressed.
I understand all of this.

I was simply saying I think it over complicates things if you say "true compressed length" and then factor in BPEs or whatever.

"Compressed length" should only consider the shock.

BPEs do not change the compressed length of the shock, they change the distance between the shock mounts.
Wheelin98TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.