JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   TJ Wrangler Technical Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/)
-   -   Opinions on track bar: Savvy vs metal cloak (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/opinions-track-bar-savvy-vs-metal-cloak-1524869/)

Imped 05-20-2013 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ljcrawler05 (Post 15457121)
Where'd u see that

People mistaking the Currie track bar for a Savvy product, when in reality Savvy is just the retailer.

ctorres018 05-20-2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ljcrawler05 (Post 15457121)
Where'd u see that

The title..?

Ljcrawler05 05-20-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctorres018 (Post 15457168)

The title..?

Haha ok looked right over that on mobile, but the only one offered on savvys website is curries TB, that's the one theyre talking about

ctorres018 05-20-2013 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ljcrawler05 (Post 15457200)
Haha ok looked right over that on mobile, but the only one offered on savvys website is curries TB, that's the one theyre talking about

I know that is the one they are referring to.

Ljcrawler05 05-20-2013 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctorres018 (Post 15457531)

I know that is the one they are referring to.

Figured that, but I honestly got a little excited when you pointed out savvy TB.. I even went up there just to check but didn't come back with a new product :(

matsonian 05-20-2013 10:34 PM

Just to add a comment in here about clearance.

Our Solid Chromoly Track Bars for both the JK and the TJ/LJ are designed to be able to handle the full travel of the 6Pak shocks meaning that they fully clear all obstacles during Up-Travel and Down-Travel.

Ljcrawler05 05-20-2013 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matsonian (Post 15459535)

Our Solid Chromoly Track Bars for both the JK and the TJ/LJ are designed to be able to handle the full travel of the 6Pak shocks meaning that they fully clear all obstacles during Up-Travel and Down-Travel.

Heard the rear was backordered is it still?

matsonian 05-20-2013 10:49 PM

Quote:

Heard the rear was backordered is it still?
Yes, however, we expect full inventory replenishment by the end of the week.

Ljcrawler05 05-20-2013 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matsonian (Post 15459571)

Well that works out pretty well, I get paid friday :D I've got a question though... I will be running a 2.5" lift in combination with a tummy tuck and was wondering if the amount of adjustment necessary for the pinion angle is too much for the track bar(concerned for the rear)? Your track bar was designed to work with your 3.5" lift rather than the nearly 5.5" of lift that I will have to compensate for with the pinion angle/control arm adjustment. I've got metalcloak arms btw.. just haven't installed them yet waiting for the TT to go on.

TheRealZ 05-21-2013 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matsonian (Post 15459535)

Yes, but your 6 pak shocks require major bumpstopping (I calculate 2" plus on the front alone) on the TJ to begin with. In a sense they are "falsely" advertised as a 13" compressed length shock body, but on the TJ, that in reality is actually over a 15" length since you need to run BPE's for them on the bottom, and a special adaptor for the top mount........both together add basically about 2"s to its TRUE compressed length on a TJ. That in turn means that significant bumpstopping has to be used. For those looking for maximum uptravel, that means you just started the handicapp if using your products at 2" on the uptravel vs other products on the market. So the TB itself, due to lack of bends probably I would guess needs a minimum of 2" bumpstopping as well, especially if used with other products, so for people looking for a high clearance TB solution not packaged together with the other MC suspension products the MC one is most likely not the best option, or at least for those looking for true maximum uptravel with minimumal or no bumpstopping.

RnEmOvr 05-21-2013 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boog (Post 15448468)
I have the front MC track bar. Works good for me..heres a couple pics of the clearance

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unlimited04 (Post 15448554)
those pics don't tell us jack squat. post full bump pics with specs of bumpstop extension length, control arm lengths, and compressed shock lengths.

Not only that but OP asked for the REAR not the front.
Quote:

Originally Posted by matsonian (Post 15459571)

Not trying to be a dick but how many times has a vendor said "next week" then month later still says same. Hope you don't let anyone down.

Wheelin98TJ 05-21-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRealZ (Post 15459737)
Yes, but your 6 pak shocks require major bumpstopping (I calculate 2" plus on the front alone) on the TJ to begin with. In a sense they are "falsely" advertised as a 13" compressed length shock body, but on the TJ, that in reality is actually over a 15" length since you need to run BPE's for them on the bottom, and a special adaptor for the top mount........both together add basically about 2"s to its TRUE compressed length on a TJ....

:confused:

Compressed length should only consider the shock. Keeps things simple and consistent.

Mounting is up to the user.

Ljcrawler05 05-21-2013 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ljcrawler05 (Post 15459626)

Well that works out pretty well, I get paid friday :D I've got a question though... I will be running a 2.5" lift in combination with a tummy tuck and was wondering if the amount of adjustment necessary for the pinion angle is too much for the track bar(concerned for the rear)? Your track bar was designed to work with your 3.5" lift rather than the nearly 5.5" of lift that I will have to compensate for with the pinion angle/control arm adjustment. I've got metalcloak arms btw.. just haven't installed them yet waiting for the TT to go on.

Answered my own question just thinking it out in the shower. Geometry... Haha. It'll work as long as your 3.5" lift on a tj will run the TB because my lj will see less axle rotation than a tj with just your lift

TheRealZ 05-21-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wheelin98TJ (Post 15460919)
:confused:

Compressed length should only consider the shock. Keeps things simple and consistent.

Mounting is up to the user.

Compressed length needs to take into consideration any needed "accessories" or even modifications as well. For a typical "bolt on" user, you have to use the BPE's both front and rear, and the front also has a top mounting adaptor which also adds over an inch and a half to the length. So in the front real world compressed length ends up being over 15", not 13". That means your looking at 2" bumpstopping just due to the shocks.

The only way your going to get a true 13" compressed out of the smallest 6pak shock for a TJ or LJ is by doing cut and weld modifications to the upper and/or lower mounts.

So if someone wants to do a drop in shock upgrade and not have to worry about having to add bumpstops because of the shocks and maximise uptravel, the 6pak shocks really won't work vs. say an OME N66 which from stem to barpin is 13" compressed.

Wheelin98TJ 05-21-2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRealZ (Post 15461184)
Compressed length needs to take into consideration any needed "accessories" or even modifications as well. For a typical "bolt on" user, you have to use the BPE's both front and rear, and the front also has a top mounting adaptor which also adds over an inch and a half to the length. So in the front real world compressed length ends up being over 15", not 13". That means your looking at 2" bumpstopping just due to the shocks.

The only way your going to get a true 13" compressed out of the smallest 6pak shock for a TJ or LJ is by doing cut and weld modifications to the upper and/or lower mounts.

So if someone wants to do a drop in shock upgrade and not have to worry about having to add bumpstops because of the shocks and maximise uptravel, the 6pak shocks really won't work vs. say an OME N66 which from stem to barpin is 13" compressed.

I understand all of this. :cheers2:

I was simply saying I think it over complicates things if you say "true compressed length" and then factor in BPEs or whatever.

"Compressed length" should only consider the shock.

BPEs do not change the compressed length of the shock, they change the distance between the shock mounts.

The time now is 01:13 AM.