JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   TJ Wrangler Technical Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/)
-   -   Opinions on track bar: Savvy vs metal cloak (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/opinions-track-bar-savvy-vs-metal-cloak-1524869/)

stinkbait87 05-17-2013 09:29 PM

Opinions on track bar: Savvy vs metal cloak

I have developed death wobble from my rear end and have sourced it to bad track bar bushing. When I hit a bad bump the rear feels like it is shifting side to side and I have to all but come to stop to regain control. After rave reviews about metal cloaks new suspension I have been deciding between savvy or metal cloak track bar. I am leaning towards metal cloak for new control arms as well so would it be bad to mix the Johnny joint on the track bar and the dura flex joints on the control arms? Also if anyone has any good experience with either I would like to hear it.

freeskier93 05-17-2013 09:33 PM

Your control arms could care less what joints are on your track bar. Get the track bar that has the best clearances.

Boog 05-18-2013 05:59 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I have the front MC track bar. Works good for me..heres a couple pics of the clearance

Unlimited04 05-18-2013 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boog (Post 15448468)
I have the front MC track bar. Works good for me..heres a couple pics of the clearance

those pics don't tell us jack squat. post full bump pics with specs of bumpstop extension length, control arm lengths, and compressed shock lengths.

Imped 05-18-2013 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unlimited04 (Post 15448554)
those pics don't tell us jack squat. post full bump pics with specs of bumpstop extension length, control arm lengths, and compressed shock lengths.

Do that. You're the first person I've seen post pictures of it.

TheRealZ 05-18-2013 08:51 AM

Better yet, take out the added bumpstop extensions too when stuffing the axle..........fist not needed. ;)

Boog 05-18-2013 09:29 AM

I don't have any bumpstop extensions installed right now, or access to a jack big enough to be able to stuff the axle.

aparke4 05-18-2013 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boog
I don't have any bumpstop extensions installed right now, or access to a jack big enough to be able to stuff the axle.

Disconnect sway bar and flex to start... Then when you can get coils out you can get a better idea of proper clearance.

26679cj5 05-18-2013 11:07 AM

Wow, I loaded up the forum to ask this exact question. I'm going to be buying front and rear and was wondering about the JJ vs heims. Specifically I was wondering about the differences in flex/binding.

BYuen 05-18-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 26679cj5 (Post 15449136)
Wow, I loaded up the forum to ask this exact question. I'm going to be buying front and rear and was wondering about the JJ vs heims. Specifically I was wondering about the differences in flex/binding.

Under normal parameters, there shouldn't be any binding with the heims or JJ. The JJ will last longer though, especially in a single shear setup. I think I've been having to replace the heim on my front RE trackbar about every two years.

stinkbait87 05-18-2013 12:47 PM

Yeah if someone can see how much clearance the metal cloak track bar has it would be nice. It is significantly cheaper than savvy's but if savvy's is a superior product I'll have to bite the bullet.

aparke4 05-18-2013 07:49 PM

Mc joints are not used on their tb's- is the durometer too soft? Seems like it would function just like a JJ...

freeskier93 05-18-2013 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aparke4
Mc joints are not used on their tb's- is the durometer too soft? Seems like it would function just like a JJ...

I thought I had read somewhere it had to do with the front frame side being single shear. Don't quote me on it though.

matsonian 05-18-2013 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aparke4 (Post 15450605)

The Duroflex joint provides isolation. You don't want that in a track bar, simply not tight enough.

aparke4 05-19-2013 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matsonian

The Duroflex joint provides isolation. You don't want that in a track bar, simply not tight enough.

Well, there ya go! Keeping the axle square is important through the duration of the suspension travel... A JJ or Heim does not deflect nearly as much.

The time now is 09:12 AM.