Opinions Needed - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Opinions Needed

Grizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 01-02-2008, 06:45 PM   #1
rb1965
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Opinions Needed

Have a buddy thinking about getting this lift and would like opinions good or bad.

http://www.4wheelparts.com/prodDetai...eep-parts=true

Last edited by rb1965; 01-02-2008 at 09:31 PM..
rb1965 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2008, 07:23 PM   #2
otisdog
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Not so good. The springs and some other components to the lift are fine. The control arms suck. They are strong, stiff and use poly bushings. They have no means to flex and will eventually start ripping the control arm mounts off. I know this from personal experience. It does come with MX6 shocks which is a plus. Would be good for a mall crawler - you really would need an adjustable front trackbar.

Have him look at this - add some good shocks and a front adjustable trackbar. These control arms have superflex joints in them on the axle end. This lift will net 4" and is very popular.
http://northridge4x4.com/proddetail.php?prod=RE-7003
Jim
Unread 01-02-2008, 08:20 PM   #3
rb1965
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by otisdog
Not so good. The springs and some other components to the lift are fine. The control arms suck. They are strong, stiff and use poly bushings. They have no means to flex and will eventually start ripping the control arm mounts off. I know this from personal experience. It does come with MX6 shocks which is a plus. Would be good for a mall crawler - you really would need an adjustable front trackbar.

Have him look at this - add some good shocks and a front adjustable trackbar. These control arms have superflex joints in them on the axle end. This lift will net 4" and is very popular.
http://northridge4x4.com/proddetail.php?prod=RE-7003
Jim

Can the control arms and adjustable front trackbar be changed out after this suspension kit is installed? Thanks for the info.

Anyone else?
Unread 01-02-2008, 09:13 PM   #4
rb1965
2001 TJ Wrangler 

No one else have input?
Unread 01-02-2008, 09:21 PM   #5
JBWood05TJ
Cut to Fit-Paint to Match

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I second the RE SF opinion. It comes with fixed front and rear LCAs. It's what I am running and I am very happy with it. It can be had for around $400 less than the price of the one you posted. I later added adjustable trackbars and front and rear adjustable UCAs.

A lot of folks suggest going with the 4.5" RE SF with the 3.5", though I've never thought to ask anyone why when I was thinking about it. Can someone answer that? I assume that it has something to do with the wheelbase, but not sure.
JBWood05TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2008, 09:32 PM   #6
rb1965
2001 TJ Wrangler 

How bout this one?

http://www.4wheelparts.com/prodDetai...eep-parts=true
Unread 01-02-2008, 09:46 PM   #7
chappy84
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Full traction 4" with adjustable uppers from Rubicon E or JKS would be the same price but better ride???????
Unread 01-02-2008, 09:52 PM   #8
JBWood05TJ
Cut to Fit-Paint to Match

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb1965
I don't have any experience with ProComp on a Jeep, but I have not heard very good things. I did have a ProComp on a Suburban I had and I didn't like it. When I tore it up, I went back with Superlift and was much happier.

ProComp is 4 Wheel Parts 'house brand', so they really push it. I really think your buddy would be happier with the RE. I have also heard good things about the Full Traction Chappy mentioned above.
JBWood05TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2008, 09:53 PM   #9
JWitt333
1999 TJ Wrangler 

this is all great info

'99 Gunmetal TJ
Blue Jeep Club Member #256
4" RC X-Series, 1in BL
Rokmen Armor
KC Day Lighters, 33 BFG M/T
with more to come
OlllllllO
JWitt333 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2008, 10:09 PM   #10
rb1965
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the input so far....it's hard to know what will work good when spending that kind of money.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.