Operation Monster Jeep - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Operation Monster Jeep

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 10-01-2013, 02:55 PM   #1
SSimpson07

Operation Monster Jeep

So this is my second wrangler and my first TJ... I'm looking to take the 2 inch blocks I have in the front off and putting a whole new 6" long arm kit in place of the existing susp. I know there's a lot that should be done after lifting that big but any advice is always appreciated. I need a good quality SYE and if anyone knows where I can get a good set of axels and larger gears don't be shy. I wanna go with a heftier rear drive shaft but other then that I'm not sure what I should do to reinforce the structure of the drivetrain. Some have said to look at different transfer cases but I've also heard that a good SYE will do the trick. Like I said any advice is appreciated!

SSimpson07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2013, 10:16 PM   #2
LeeMasterGT
2006 TJ Wrangler 

What are the upgrades for? Do you like the look of it, and will you be driving it only on the street? Do you want to take your rig off road? If so, on what type of terrain? There are dozens of ways this could go really. It all depends on your reasons why you want to do something.
Unread 10-01-2013, 11:55 PM   #3
MetalMountainGoat
2003 TJ Wrangler 

You my friend need to take a look at some of the stickies in this forum subsection. They will have all the info you need to know. Then after reading all that, come back and ask the nit picky stuff that isn't covered in those sticky threads. Find the TJ Tech Boot Camp if you can. It has the most information. The FAQ is pretty good too.
MetalMountainGoat is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.