OPDA Failure - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > OPDA Failure

Artec Holiday Sale!Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 10-28-2013, 05:57 AM   #1
joeyprice

2014 JK Wrangler 

OPDA Failure

My tj is throwing 3044 code and behaving as described in OPDA threads. Its parked at the subway station, can I drive it home or to a shop to fix it, or does it need to be towed? 20 miles or so would be the distance.

Thanks
joey

joeyprice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-28-2013, 06:34 AM   #2
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Mine usually quit "laughing" after a few minutes of running, and I drove it off and on for a couple of weeks prior to getting it into the shop and getting new OPDA installed.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-28-2013, 10:19 AM   #3
cjheap
1985 CJ7 

What is the preferred fix now ? I have read the long thread and the options are many.

Mine is laughing at startup but only for about 60 sec.
cjheap is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-28-2013, 11:13 AM   #4
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjheap View Post
What is the preferred fix now ? I have read the long thread and the options are many.

Mine didn't laugh that long, unless it was really cold. A new OPDA is probably needed asap. Doing one of the many "fixes" is a possibility, I never did though. If it blows up I'll probably wish I had though.

I found plugging in my block heater kept the oil warn enough to stop the laughter....until I could get Jeep to kick in for the OPDA replacement, which they did.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-28-2013, 11:14 AM   #5
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjheap View Post

Dealer OPDA with stripperguy mod or Dorman OPDA
Unread 10-28-2013, 04:46 PM   #6
RandyTJ
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
Mine didn't laugh that long, unless it was really cold. A new OPDA is probably needed asap. Doing one of the many "fixes" is a possibility, I never did though. If it blows up I'll probably wish I had though.

I found plugging in my block heater kept the oil warn enough to stop the laughter....until I could get Jeep to kick in for the OPDA replacement, which they did.

Is Jeep paying to have this fixed???
White 2005 LJ, Rubicon, Rubicon Express 3.5 SuperFlex, Goodyear 315/75/16 MTR's, Pro Comp 97 16x8 wheels, UCF Tummy Tuck, 1" Prothane BL, 1" JKS MML,Tereflex Disco's, 10,000 lb. winch. CB Radio, Fire Extinguister, Synthetic Fluids, Driving Lights....
1999 XJ 6.5 Lift, Rusty's Long Arm, Four Link Rear Suspension, ARB Lockers Front and Rear, Alloy Axles....
RandyTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-28-2013, 04:52 PM   #7
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyTJ View Post
Is Jeep paying to have this fixed???
A few people have gotten some help, but in most cases no. And they are just replacing it with exactly the same part.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.