Thanks very much, I bet many dealers in Aus don't even know about this.
1. Year, model, mileage, and build date of your Jeep
2005 aus tj 89000km ~ 55000 miles bought brand new.
2. Brief description of the problem and any collateral damage. Please include pictures if available.
paranoid from new read TSB - read on this forum,
recently noticed maybe slight squeal, kinda like timing chain lash, mainly when hot and particularly on declaration.
pulled unit pics attached.
scorching, abnormal wear on odpa gear and cam gear.
- is wear on the square tip of shaft that slots into oil pump drive normal or part of this ?
3. Actions taken to fix the problem
called dealership at ~ 3000 KM was informed that only a few were included
and all were replaced at the docks.
(obviously not including a girlfriend who suffered complete failure at 6000 km ? ).
.. to be continued ..
4. Approximate cost of repair
stroker from a pre 05 model including computer etc. etc. ?
5. Did Chrysler pay for or reimburse any of the repairs?
this would surprise me.
6. If Chrysler did pay, what steps were taken to make them pay
7. Has the problem returned?
sorry about dodgy cam drive shot it was...