Only 2.5 lift. Other upgrades needed? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Only 2.5 lift. Other upgrades needed?

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LinePoison Spyder JK Evap Skid

Unread 07-25-2014, 08:18 PM   #1
NCJeepman

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Only 2.5 lift. Other upgrades needed?

Hey guys! Picking up my new 01 Wrangler sport this weekend. The shocks are shot anyway. Looking at the rough country 2.5 kit with new shocks and springs. With only a 2.5 lift are any other suspension parts affected? Does the t case need lowering? Control arms etc? Thanks for any input!

NCJeepman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2014, 09:47 PM   #2
blubaru2002
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Springs, shocks, front adjustable track bar, rear adjustable track bar or rear track bar bracket, front and rear sway bar extension links and adjustable control arms.

Not really though... All of these are optional. You can actually get away with just the springs and shocks and you'll be fine. ;-)
blubaru2002 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2014, 10:22 PM   #3
whalejr31
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I recently purchased a rough country 2.5 kit to replace shocks and 2" BB i am very happy with it so far! Talk to Bobby at CCOR (forum vendor) he got me a good deal on the kit, tax free, no shipping cost and it arrived within 3 days and i live on the other side of the country from him! You should be fine without anything else they just help fine tune. i have stock trackbars and sway bar links (homemade quick dicos tho).
whalejr31 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2014, 11:18 PM   #4
rda616
1998 TJ Wrangler 

You can add the rear track bar bracket and a mml for a few bucks. And get the 2.0 shocks. The 2.2 are stiff and not really an upgrade at all. If you chose to add a front track bar the jks 126 is going to be the very best fit for 2.5" of lift. You may also want to look at the rc. 3.75" with a mml and the track bar bracket.

If you plan to add heavy accessories like a winch look at the zone offroad 3" and 4.25" kit. The spring rates are higher there for they support the weight better.
rda616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2014, 05:54 AM   #5
sandfox4
2005 TJ Wrangler 

i usually put a track bar bracket on the rear, and front adjustable bar, and call it good.
sandfox4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2014, 02:38 PM   #6
NCJeepman

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the advice guys. The Jeep has 31 inch tires in great shape on it. I hate to raise it to much and make the tires look dinky. I think 2.5 should be good. Thoughts? Rough country seems to have a good kit with most all parts recommended for 329ish.
NCJeepman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2014, 08:57 PM   #7
WranglerX2006
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I needed three washers on each transfer case bolt on mine to get rid of a vibration and the shifter knob was bouncing like crazy without them. I also need a track bar relocation bracket. Well sort of, it shifted to where the perch was rubbing the tire but a bfh bent it to get me by until the bracket was put on
WranglerX2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2014, 08:58 PM   #8
WranglerX2006
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Oops meant to say, mine was a bds 2" kit but I got close to 2.5
WranglerX2006 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.