onboard air system - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > onboard air system

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOld Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 08-01-2007, 11:03 PM   #1
carolinatj
2006 TJ Wrangler 

onboard air system

Has anyone installed the viair onboard system from northridge 4x4, and if so where did you mount the air tank. I am thinking about mounting the on the left side of the tc skid plate if there is room. Will soon be adding a jks 1 1/4 body lift and mml and sye kit. thansk in advance for replys.

carolinatj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-02-2007, 10:24 AM   #2
carolinatj
2006 TJ Wrangler 

this got buried quick. anyone?
Unread 08-02-2007, 10:30 AM   #3
RockRunner85
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I have mine mounted on the driver side behind the tcase skid. Basically opposite side of the muffler. I made some brackets for the tank which clamp onto the frame. I can get you some pics later.

RE 3.5 SuperFlex & Front Trackbar / JKS 1.25" BL & MML / 35x12.5 MTRs on 15x8 AR-23s / Currie Anti-Rock / Jeeperman Bumpers / Rokmen Sliders / York OBA / Harbor Freight 8k Winch
RockRunner85 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-02-2007, 10:32 AM   #4
Flatbroke
Web Wheeler

not sure if the one in this thread is from northridge but it may help to see it anyway.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...highlight=viar

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRussoX
Haha

I actually look at a Jeepers nuts to see how informed they are. Ditch your nuts man!

Russo
Flatbroke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-02-2007, 10:33 AM   #5
MeloYelo
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I mounted my Viair 2.5 gallon tank on the driver side behind the T-Case.

Havent hit it on any rocks yet.

2002 TJ Sport, Locked in rear. Armor dents and character.

05 WK 5.7L Limited. Stock...... for now.

Colorado Jeep Club Member #79
MeloYelo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-02-2007, 10:52 AM   #6
carolinatj
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the quick replys. will be ordering the kit soon.
Unread 08-02-2007, 01:48 PM   #7
Crashnburn80
2004 TJ Wrangler 

This is next on my Jeeps wish list. Is mounting behind the Tcase common?

That seems like a very impact prone place and would certainly be damaged at some point. I was thinking under the hood in the back drive side, in front of the firewall (I think theres room) though I haven't measured. Anyone mounted this tank under the hood?

OME ZJ/LJ combo | SwayLOC | 1.25" BL | Nth TT | Riddler diff covers | EMP gastank skid | 33" MTRs | Warn M8000 | Cobra75
and much more...

Riddler torture test video
Oil Filter Study
Useful Axle Info Thread
Crashnburn80 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-02-2007, 08:55 PM   #8
aussie stu
1998 TJ Wrangler 

The hotter the air the more it will expand...im guessing that putting it under the hood will mean the more work for the compressor to fill the tank....but i have no idea.
[SIZE="1"][B]Black[/B] 98 TJ / 4.5" Coils / 1" BL + MML / 4.56 / 35's Silverstones MT-117 on 16 X 8's / D44 & ARB Airlocker / D30 & lockright / Rocklights / wind sheild IPF's / Custom WARN rear tyre carrier / extended brake lines / Custom Triangulated 4 link long arm / Front adj. panard (no rear) / rear storage draw system / OBA / AA SYE / Bestop duster, windjammer, bikini combo / Bushwackers flares / UHF / TBS / Wilderness Rack / 3" stainless steel snorkel / T-Max 9000 6HP winch[/SIZE]
aussie stu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-03-2007, 10:54 AM   #9
MeloYelo
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I think it is pretty common to put the air tank behind the T-Case. I have seen some people mount it under the hood and behind the rear seat.

I have had mine on for only one year now and I have done some pretty rocky trails and nothing has hit it yet. I believe this has to do with the breakover angle the Wrangler has. If I do manage to get close to hitting it, the tcase skid plate usually hits it first and by the time it gets close to the air tank the rear tire is climbing so it clears.

I love having my OBA system. Airing up and running air tools off of your jeep is a nice option to have.

2002 TJ Sport, Locked in rear. Armor dents and character.

05 WK 5.7L Limited. Stock...... for now.

Colorado Jeep Club Member #79
MeloYelo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.