OME ZJ/LJ Combo done - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > OME ZJ/LJ Combo done

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 03-11-2007, 07:28 PM   #1
Crashnburn80
2004 TJ Wrangler 

OME ZJ/LJ Combo done *pics*

I just installed my OME ZJ/LJ combo, + JKS 1.25" BL, JKS Quicker Discos, JKS BMML, JKS adj rear trackbar and got some new 285/75/16 MTRs.

Measurements taken at front and rear rocker before and after on metric 31s after driving for 60 miles:

Before F/R: 18.0" / 19.0"
After w/BL F/R: 22 3/16" / 22 14/16"

Suspension lift gain(not incuding 1.25" BL):
F/R: 2 15/16" / 2 10/16"

Stock:

Lift and 33s:

I know the pics are not the best for before and after angles. The lift rides very well, the nose seems a lot more stable now, than with the stock suspension and winch. I have a warn M8000 on the front bumper and a Bestop OS tire carrier with a spare 285/75/16 on the rear gate. I deffinitly would not suggest this spring combo for those not running extra weight.

Last edited by Crashnburn80; 03-11-2007 at 08:52 PM..
Crashnburn80 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-11-2007, 07:48 PM   #2
STW
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Looks great. Perfectly leveled out the winch weight--which is a very trial and error process unless you use ACOS or something like it.
Unread 03-12-2007, 10:58 AM   #3
Crashnburn80
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I just noticed today I have vibes at 60mph I already did a MML and don't want to do a Tcase drop also, so I guess I will need to order a CV driveshaft and adjustable upper control arms, and while I am at it I might as well order a Tummy tuck to make it all seem worth while.
Unread 03-12-2007, 12:32 PM   #4
Jeepguy1977
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashnburn80
I just noticed today I have vibes at 60mph I already did a MML and don't want to do a Tcase drop also, so I guess I will need to order a CV driveshaft and adjustable upper control arms, and while I am at it I might as well order a Tummy tuck to make it all seem worth while.
I recommend Nth Degree. Their Tummy Tucker instructions are complete, downloadable in advance, and the fit was great.

www.nthdegreemobility.com
Jeepguy1977 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-12-2007, 12:40 PM   #5
Crashnburn80
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Thats the one I was looking at. This whole setup is going to cost like another grand on top of my runaway budget.

The minor good news though, my gas milage didn't go down after my first tank on 33s with the lift.
Unread 03-12-2007, 12:45 PM   #6
Xlr8n
1986 TJ Wrangler 

Lift looks good and level. How much additional lift does this combo give over a regular OME 2.5"? In other words, how much actual lift does a OME 2.5"TJ lift give? I thought the combo you used usually provided a bit over 3"??
Xlr8n is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-12-2007, 01:13 PM   #7
Crashnburn80
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I've heard the OME HD lift gives around 2.25," depending on the setup. I posted above what lift I got from this combo, I have about 100 extra lbs on the front bumper and on my rear 42lb OS tire carrier plus the full size 33" spare. I'm really happy with how it looks and handles, just not the vibes (obviously).
Unread 01-30-2008, 02:35 PM   #8
mdsuave13
1997 ZJ 

could the vibes be associated to your new tires? bigger tires are harder to balance right.
Unread 01-30-2008, 02:45 PM   #9
Crashnburn80
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsuave13
could the vibes be associated to your new tires? bigger tires are harder to balance right.
Wow, back from the dead.

No, the vibes were from the driveshaft. I tried just getting some rear adjustable UCAs to dial in the pinion angle a bit and it helped but the vibes were still there. I have since installed a CV driveshaft and its now smoother than stock.

OME ZJ/LJ combo | SwayLOC | 1.25" BL | Nth TT | Riddler diff covers | EMP gastank skid | 33" MTRs | Warn M8000 | Cobra75
and much more...

Riddler torture test video
Oil Filter Study
Useful Axle Info Thread
Unread 06-15-2008, 03:47 PM   #10
00Jeep
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Been looking at the OME 2" lift for my 05 LJ.

I'm assuming the difference between the light, medium and heavy load suspensions are the damping on the shock absorbers or maybe different spring rates on the coil springs.

Advantages/disadvantages to each? Ride quality?

Reasons to get one over the other?
Unread 06-15-2008, 04:12 PM   #11
Ichabod1960
Have Jeep, Will Travel

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00Jeep View Post
Been looking at the OME 2" lift for my 05 LJ.

I'm assuming the difference between the light, medium and heavy load suspensions are the damping on the shock absorbers or maybe different spring rates on the coil springs.

Advantages/disadvantages to each? Ride quality?

Reasons to get one over the other?
The light, medium, heavy load refers to the springs. Avoid the light springs -- much to soft and will sag. Medium may work for you but only for a very lightly loaded TJ. The Heavy load springs front and back is probably best for a LJ with a soft top, stock armor and bumpers. If you have a hard top or plan/have bumpers/tire carrier/winch/armor then you need to have the heavy load TJ springs in the front and the 949 LJ rear springs.

The ride quality is better than stock.

I'm going to be visiting my parents in Carlinville over the July 4th weekend and driving my LJ up there. If you want to meet and see my LJ send me a PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Bransford
There's a great lower division class called "Writing for Effective Communications so you don't go through the rest of your life confusing everyone who reads what you write 101" at Washington State University. I highly recommend it.
Ichabod1960 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2008, 04:30 PM   #12
00Jeep
2005 LJ Wrangler 

As for now it's a stock LJ with a hardtop.

Plans for bumpers and a winch and armor and all that stuff but none of it yet.

I normally order stuff off Quadratec. You say I'd probably be ok with just the heavy load kit? I couldn't find anything on Quad about those 949 springs you were talkin about.
Unread 06-15-2008, 04:42 PM   #13
Ichabod1960
Have Jeep, Will Travel

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Here's the link to the OME 949 Rear Springs for the LJ: http://www.oldmanemu.com/item.html?pid=2031.

Check out DPGoffroad.com for a good OME/JKS kit. I bought my kit from here and Dirk is a great guy to deal with. Other places to use are northridge4x4.com, redrock4x4.com and tellico4x4.com. Don't get me wrong -- Quadratec is a good company to buy from and they will match prices but they tend to be a bit expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Bransford
There's a great lower division class called "Writing for Effective Communications so you don't go through the rest of your life confusing everyone who reads what you write 101" at Washington State University. I highly recommend it.
Ichabod1960 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2008, 05:10 PM   #14
00Jeep
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Cool thanks bro.
Unread 04-03-2012, 09:39 AM   #15
05Unlimited
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Posting in this thread because I want to buy some nice used OME-934 springs. Anyone have any they'd like to sell?
2005 LJ, NSG-370 6-spd (close-ratio), 3.73's, three tops incl. custom Sunrider-Safari top, 38"x22" hardtop sunroof, OME 2.5", JKS 1.25 BL/1.0 MML, seats 2"^, 285/75/16 Duratracs, Ion 171's (16x8), Alpine CDE135-BT/KTP-445/Polk521Db/650Db, full soft/hard doors, Harley L.Stms, "I swear my Jeep is staying stock"
05Unlimited is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.