ome springs - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > ome springs

Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 08-04-2009, 06:50 PM   #1
kody4
2005 TJ Wrangler 

ome springs

i was wondering does ome make 4inch lift springs or is 2.5 the highest they go if so does anyone have any pictures and how do they ride

kody4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2009, 06:53 PM   #2
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

they make 4" springs. they're closer to 4.5-5" from what i've heard tho.
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2009, 06:55 PM   #3
kody4
2005 TJ Wrangler 

that would be fine where can u get them from? do u know how they ride
Unread 08-04-2009, 07:29 PM   #4
Boodyrider
1997 TJ Wrangler 

OME springs are slightly lower rate than stock so should ride nice. The difference in ride is more about the shock and the available uptravel though. More uptravel, more soft ride in general. Pair with stiff crappy shocks though, you could still have a bad ride, especially if you ignore all the other parts needed for a successful lift that tall.

MANY places carry the OME springs.
Here is one: http://www.rocky-road.com/tjtrailblazer.html

They will sell the springs separate from the kit, just call.

84 CJ7; frame off restoration in progress.

The technical advice you get from me here is worth exactly what you paid me for it. Warranty issues will be reimbursed at double what you paid me for the advice.
Boodyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2009, 07:31 PM   #5
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boodyrider View Post
OME springs are slightly lower rate than stock so should ride nice.
actually OME's are quite a bit stiffer spring rate than stock. in fact, they're some of the more stiff springs on the market.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/faq-coil-spring-measurements-638947/#post6077636
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/springs-heights-their-spring-rates-613756/
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2009, 07:36 PM   #6
outlawjosywales
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlimited04 View Post
they make 4" springs. they're closer to 4.5-5" from what i've heard tho.
a buddy of mine has a 4.5" aev la kit with ome shocks. he likes them
Unread 08-04-2009, 08:33 PM   #7
nriver
2011 JK Wrangler 

I have the OME ZJ front springs. They net me about 1/2 less lift than my FT 4" springs. FWIW
Unread 08-04-2009, 11:45 PM   #8
kody4
2005 TJ Wrangler 

ok cause i have the ft ulitimate 4inch three link set up with skyjacker hydros and i dont care for the springs there just to stiff
Unread 08-05-2009, 07:37 AM   #9
nriver
2011 JK Wrangler 

Cool, same suspension. Not sure I think the FT springs are to stiff. Wondering if your issues are related to shocks or load.

How long have the springs been in? Thinking I thought they were a bit rough first, but now they are fine.

Are you bottoming out? hitting the bumpstops?

I also have run the OME LJ springs in the rear. Thinking they were about an inch or more shorter than the FT springs. They can bottom out the rear sooner than the FT springs. I had put a spacer out back to get a bit of extra height.
Unread 08-05-2009, 08:15 AM   #10
VTJeePTJ
2003 TJ Wrangler 

OME does make some nice coils to be sure but I will also x2 the note that the 4" springs are much firmer than their 2.5 coils, and in fact firmer than most 4" coils. While very high quality, the 4" springs are designed for a very heavily loaded and optioned TJ so if you feel that your current coils are too stiff, you aren't likely going to find any relief by switching to the OME springs assuming you are running the same shocks. You also may gain some additional height as the OME 4" coils run tall so, in theory, you could make the ride even more harsh by increasing your control arm angle even more.

I also would attribute more of the ride to your shocks. I run the skyjacker hydros (got them for free) and while they aren't horrible for their price range, they also certainly are nowhere near the performance of a good monotube shock such as the OME's, RE monotubes, Bilsteins, etc.
Unread 08-05-2009, 08:19 AM   #11
kody4
2005 TJ Wrangler 

i have a 2.5l so my ft springs just feel really stiff. i have only had that lift kit about a month and a half though and my skyjacker hydros about three months. did your ft springs soften quite a bit since when you bought them.

ya i have heard the ome shocks are good i might have to look into those
Unread 08-05-2009, 08:47 AM   #12
klimb2xs
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I have been running the OME 4" LJ springs for just under a year. I noticed that they rode very firm until I got them off road and flexed them out. Now I think they have a comfortable ride for DD use.
klimb2xs is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.