OME and skyjacker 7000 hydro - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > OME and skyjacker 7000 hydro

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-19-2006, 06:36 AM   #1
05darkness

OME and skyjacker 7000 hydro

Just curious if there is a noticable ride difference when switching over to a softer ride shock. I currently have Rough Country Shocks and its like riding a bull getting bounced all over. My wife doesnt appreciate it on long rides ive learned to deal with it but just wondering bout you guys and how you like them. Ive noticed both OME and skyjacker offer applications for a 4 inch lift are there any others out there too, Im a military guy so i dont have the deepest pockets and not looking to spend 100 per shock. Any help would be appreciated

05darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2006, 07:10 AM   #2
Wheelin98TJ
JEEP FREAK

1998 TJ Wrangler 

I'd go with the Skyjacker Hydros. I ran them for a while and really liked them. You can get a set of 4 for about $100 right now because there is a rebate.

I've never used OME shocks, so I can't compare the two. However, here is a link to a thread where they are compared:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...ight=skyjacker
Wheelin98TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2006, 07:16 AM   #3
ancestralworm
there will be crying

2000 TJ Wrangler 

I have run 3 different sets of skyjacker shocks and the only thing i don't like about them is the finish. the set im running now I put a couple of clear coats on before installing.

Other than that, they shocks ride great.
ancestralworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2006, 07:36 AM   #4
05darkness

Thanks A lot guys im gonna go ahead and order the skyjackers tonight, i really appreciate all the info plus you cant beat the price
Unread 05-19-2006, 09:13 AM   #5
xjeepn
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I plan on buying some Saturday at the 4wheel drive show in Dallas at the convention center. I have read that they will have some good deals there.
xjeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2006, 01:27 PM   #6
05darkness

Im gonna have to try to make it there as well
Unread 05-19-2006, 01:38 PM   #7
ancestralworm
there will be crying

2000 TJ Wrangler 

say hi to my buddy scotty. he will be in the skyjacker booth.
ancestralworm is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.