Are OME bumpstop extensions needed for 2.5" lift and 31" tires? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Are OME bumpstop extensions needed for 2.5" lift and 31" tires?

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Safety Thimble FairleadsEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 07-15-2010, 10:13 AM   #1
dmayfie2
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Are OME bumpstop extensions needed for 2.5" lift and 31" tires?

I installed a 2.5" OME lift but didn't have the bumpstop extensions at the time of installation, they were supposed to be in the kit but were not. I am running 31x10.5 on 1999 Tj. Do I need to go ahead and install these rear bumpstop extensions for 31" tires or are they not needed unless I go to a larger tire?

dmayfie2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-15-2010, 10:21 AM   #2
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

yes they are needed. in fact they're a little to short. you need 1.25" in the rear. this is to prevent the rear shocks from bottoming out.
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-15-2010, 04:27 PM   #3
Speed94
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Dirk at DPG sent me 2" extensions for the kit he sent me. I'm running 31" and a total of around 4" with OME kit and JKS BL
97 TJ PD club member #007
Speed94 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
ome , old man emu , bumpstop , extension , lift , tire , help , advice

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.