OME+BB or RC 2.5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > OME+BB or RC 2.5

Save 15% in XT's Pre-Black Friday Event!FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-12-2010, 07:16 PM   #1
finalreckoning
1997 TJ Wrangler 

OME+BB or RC 2.5

I've finally saved up enough money to get a lift (at 16, moneys hard to come by) and I've narrowed it down to 2 choices, the Rough Country 2.5 kit, and a kit from DPG Offroad, which is OME shocks and a Budget Boost. The OME kit would be $100 more than the RC kit ($270 with JF discount).
Right now I'm on 31" BFG ATs, and I'm going to go to 33"s, and eventually 35"s.
What would you buy, the OME kit or the RC kit
(I'd eventually replace the BB with springs, probably used)

Green Jeep Member #273
High School Jeepers #169

Last edited by finalreckoning; 07-12-2010 at 07:46 PM..
finalreckoning is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2010, 08:43 PM   #2
driftwood98
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I have the RC 3.25 and really like it. If your plane is to hit 35s one day the odds that these coils will make that trip are slim but.. my last TJ ran a 2.5" Rancho kit will 2"BB to get over 35".
I just put 2" spacers under the front of mine to counter the new winch.
I vote for RC especially if it will be cheaper.
driftwood98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2010, 08:46 PM   #3
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalreckoning View Post
I've finally saved up enough money to get a lift (at 16, moneys hard to come by) and I've narrowed it down to 2 choices, the Rough Country 2.5 kit, and a kit from DPG Offroad, which is OME shocks and a Budget Boost. The OME kit would be $100 more than the RC kit ($270 with JF discount).
Right now I'm on 31" BFG ATs, and I'm going to go to 33"s, and eventually 35"s.
What would you buy, the OME kit or the RC kit
(I'd eventually replace the BB with springs, probably used)
what are you trying to accomplish? neither of those kits alone will fit 33s or 35s, if thats your final goal. buy what you want the first time around, save your money so you only have to do it once. if you want to fit 35s, then buy a lift/equipment that will fit 35s. if you have to save an extra year and ride around on 31s, so what...this ain't a weenie measuring contest.

out of those two, i would definitely go OME/BB...but then again I like a nice ride and not replacing low quality parts....
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2010, 08:12 PM   #4
driftwood98
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Read this for a diffrent idea... i have no experience with this lift but stumbled back across it today so i thought i would post.
Cheap 3.5 inches of Lift

If that does not work copy/paste this link.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/ch...s-lift-276664/
driftwood98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-14-2010, 05:05 PM   #5
finalreckoning
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I should have mentioned that I'm also going to do a body lift, for the savvy tummy tuck, after I install an SYE and CV driveshaft and JJ adjustable upper CAs, after which I should be able to fit 35"s, I believe imped runs with 2.5 SL + 1.25 BL.
Green Jeep Member #273
High School Jeepers #169
finalreckoning is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
budget boost , ome , rc , 2.5 , lift

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.