OME 2" lift and 1.25" body lift. Gives good ride - adequate clearance for 33" tires? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > OME 2" lift and 1.25" body lift. Gives good ride - adequate clearance for 33" tires?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep Tweaks at JeepHutJeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wd

Unread 05-16-2007, 06:17 PM   #1
CB3
Web Wheeler
2006 LJ Wrangler 

OME 2" lift and 1.25" body lift. Gives good ride - adequate clearance for 33" tires?

I've already got 33 X 11.3 tires on my stock Rubi LJ and am keeping it on-road at this point due to no lift. i.e - it would obviously rub a lot off-road. So that's a no go right now.

I'm considering various options for a 3" lift.

One possible option is the OME 2" lift + a 1.25" body lift. I've heard that gives a good ride and adequate clearance for 33" tires. Is that correct?

Would this lift setup (with adjustable and flexy JKS control arms lower and upper) have good articulation? As good as a 3" suspension lift? Ride better than a 3" suspension lift?

CB3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2007, 06:48 PM   #2
elkfan2
2002 TJ Wrangler 

It would be a little tight with that wide of a tire but it would work. I ran 33x10.50-15 boggers on mine with 8" wide wheels and 2" lift for quite a while and the lugs barely rubbed on the fender flares at full flex.
elkfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2007, 06:49 PM   #3
Dogman
1997 TJ Wrangler 

My friend (and forum member BluesMan) is running that setup. The last 2 times out he was rubbing the flares. So, if you're looking for maximum flex, I would say go with 3", otherwise you need to bumpstop correctly for 2". I'll probably end up going with the OME to replace my BB when I go to 33s.
Unread 05-16-2007, 08:10 PM   #4
backwash
2013 JK Wrangler 

Include some 3/4" spacers to allow for some sag or ,bumper/winch up front and longer front bumpstops and your fine. I run 32 x 11.5 with this setup and it's fine.
OME 2 1/2 Lift, BFG A/T 32x11.5 ,AR Diamond locks. JKS Quicker disco's. Kilby Skid. Cobra 75. Rokmen sliders. ARB Front and rear. Hansen bumper. Warn 9.5ti winch. Currie trackbar,Skid row engine & gas tank skids
Nth Degree tummy tuck, 1" BL
backwash is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2007, 08:28 PM   #5
CB3
Web Wheeler
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogman
My friend (and forum member BluesMan) is running that setup. The last 2 times out he was rubbing the flares. So, if you're looking for maximum flex, I would say go with 3", otherwise you need to bumpstop correctly for 2". I'll probably end up going with the OME to replace my BB when I go to 33s.
What is a BB?

Does your friend also have a body lift?
Unread 05-16-2007, 08:40 PM   #6
jstuff

I ran the OME 2.5" HD lift, 1" BL, and 33" x 12.5" Firestone Destination MT on 15x8 rims.

With 2" bump stops, I didn't have any problems with rubbing the fenders.
The ride was very nice, and it worked very well offroad with the stock control arms.

Here are a couple of links to pictures.
http://www.justjeepsofomaha.net/imag...e/HPIM1855.jpg
http://www.justjeepsofomaha.net/imag...e/HPIM1857.jpg
http://www.justjeepsofomaha.net/imag...e/HPIM1683.jpg
jstuff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2007, 08:50 PM   #7
CB3
Web Wheeler
2006 LJ Wrangler 

So how is the flex?

I'd run JKS adjustable, flexible upper and lower control arms with it.
Unread 05-17-2007, 12:58 AM   #8
CB3
Web Wheeler
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Anybody? How is flex, articulation (assuming adequate tire clearance)??? Can a 2" OME flex good?
Unread 05-17-2007, 01:01 AM   #9
0blcktj6
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I should be able to tell you after this weekend hopefully....my wheeling buddy's been a little bit sparse on hitting the trails with me since I'm lifted, I think it's cause he doesn't want me to run circles around his stock JK, haha, but oh well, if I go I'll snap some pictures and let you know, from what I've done so far the tires seem to tuck nicely but I haven't put the Jeep in any extreme flexing situations so no way to be sure.

My Build Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/v...ck-now-908246/
0blcktj6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2007, 01:09 AM   #10
CB3
Web Wheeler
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0blcktj6
I should be able to tell you after this weekend hopefully....my wheeling buddy's been a little bit sparse on hitting the trails with me since I'm lifted, I think it's cause he doesn't want me to run circles around his stock JK, haha, but oh well, if I go I'll snap some pictures and let you know, from what I've done so far the tires seem to tuck nicely but I haven't put the Jeep in any extreme flexing situations so no way to be sure.
Please do let me know. Send me a PM once you know. Thanks.
Unread 05-17-2007, 01:53 AM   #11
Rivka
Returning From Sabbatical

2005 LJ Wrangler 

you can see my set up in my side bar, but basically i have just what you are talking about

just got the tires on today, have had the lift for a year

the ome set up has great flex, i am going to disconnect tomorrow and see how clearance is with the new tires. it rides great on the road, your ride with it will depend a lot of what strength springs you pick, there is a lot of things to think about in those
i have a little rubbing at full steering turn, not sure what is rubbing, will know more tomorrow
depending on what is rubbing and what the flex tests tomorrow show i have various ways of fixing things, will know more tomorrow

does your set up use your original MOABs? it is hard to think that even on the street you could get away with that

"Teach a man how to take his doors off and he will enjoy his Jeep for a day,
teach him to search the forums and he will enjoy his Jeep for life!"
Rivka is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2007, 03:31 AM   #12
Nefarious

I'm planning to do a 2" OME BB with 1.25"BL/MML and run 33's on my LJ for a while until I can get a LA kit. I need new tires around winter time, so I might as well go to 33's for a while.
Nefarious is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2007, 05:21 AM   #13
rob5059MOD

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB3
I've already got 33 X 11.3 tires on my stock Rubi LJ and am keeping it on-road at this point due to no lift. i.e - it would obviously rub a lot off-road. So that's a no go right now.

I'm considering various options for a 3" lift.

One possible option is the OME 2" lift + a 1.25" body lift. I've heard that gives a good ride and adequate clearance for 33" tires. Is that correct?

Would this lift setup (with adjustable and flexy JKS control arms lower and upper) have good articulation? As good as a 3" suspension lift? Ride better than a 3" suspension lift?
The setup you are talking about works fine for 33" tires, just add a set of 3/4" spacers on your front springs. I run the OME HD setup on my LJ with 33 x 12.5 tires on rims with 4.5" of backspacing, and with all of the skids and winch, I still have 2" of lift from the springs. I get some good flex out of it. As for the control arms, I am very happy with Currie.

SOLD 06 Wrangler Unlimited Khaki, Congo Cage, D30 w/Aussie & D44 w/ Limited slip and 3.73 gears, 231HD transfer case with 2LOW and JB Conversions SYE with a Tom Woods DS. LIFT: Full Traction 4" Ultimate lift and JKS BL, Brown Dog MML. SKIDS: Jeep Medic TT and Oil Pan, Warn Gas Tank, and Rusty's Steering Box & Radiator. STEERING: ZJ steering, and PCS Steering Box. Running on 35" BF Goodrich Mud Terrains. And to ruin the look, I added Warn 6" flares to keep it legal.
rob5059MOD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2007, 07:38 AM   #14
erickpl
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I'm running the OME with JKS BL/MML and have 3/4" spacers in front for winch/bumper sag. 33x12.5x15 (on 4.25" BS) and no issues with flex, but I rub the frame with the tire sometimes at full turn. Wheels with a bit less BS would be a better choice, say 4 or 3.75".

The OME lift flexes well, but it doesn't droop down as far as some other lifts. The shocks will limit it somewhat. But the flex that it does have is very effective.

Mild flex here..

A bit more here...

It will flex more than shown in these pics, but either way, the flex it gives is VERY effective offroad.
Green Jeep Member #155
Low Output 4 Cylinder Jeep Member #35

Keep moving forward. But keep an eye on history, for if you don't, you are doomed to repeat it.
erickpl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2007, 08:05 AM   #15
Bigbob

A picture is worth a thousand words.

OME/DPG Ultimate HD springs with 3/4" spacers. JKS 1.25 BL.

Jeep Club Member #1340
6 Speed, Hardtop
Mods done: Hurst tee handle, cheap hand throttle, Rokmen Merc front bumper, Warn 9.5 TI winch with 3/8" X 100 worth of Viking yellow rope, DPG OME Ultimate with JKS ACOS up front, Kilby Gas Tank Skid, Kilby Steering Box Skid, Jeep Medic Belly Up, Skidrow Engine Skid, Rockcrusher Diff Skid in the rear, Warn Diff cover in front, , AR Outlaw II's and MTR 12:50/15's, Homemade rear Bumper, Cheap Cobra CB, Puma OBA, Sirius Radio, Locker Defeat, Rockhard cage, Rockmen short corners, homemade tire swing/tailgate hinge affair, Airlift air bags on the rear- - - - - - and more to come!
Bigbob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.