OME 2 inch Track Bar Bracket vs Rough Country 4 inch - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > OME 2 inch Track Bar Bracket vs Rough Country 4 inch

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHut

Unread 01-02-2012, 08:52 AM   #1
Family98TJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

OME 2 inch Track Bar Bracket vs Rough Country 4 inch

Hello list. I am a new member currently installing an OME 2 inch suspension kit on my 98 TJ. This Jeep had a Rough country 4 inch kit with a rear track bar bracket already installed and a front adjustable track bar. I'm almost finished with the swap (reading forum posts has been a lot of help), and noticed that the installed RC bracket has a space of about 1/2 inch (can get a 3/8 drive square end between the installed mounting end of the track bar and the bracket) of possible adjustment. So the 2 inch OME bracket could probably only lower the mounting point of the bracket about 1/2 over the 4 inch RC bracket before the mounting end of the track bar would touch the bracket. This doesn't seem like enough adjustment to make it worth swapping the brackets. I still need to swap out the 4 inch drop pitman arm for a stock and adjust the front track bar, but I am thinking of leaving the rear track bar and the transfer case plate (has a piece of 1-1 1/2 inch square tube spacer) alone. Any advice?

BTW, I did the water pump and new belt last week with help from the list posts, and that went well with no leaks yet. Installed the gasket dry per the FSM and list posts. I have some pictures of the old factory vs new water pump which was supposed to be factory original from an online Jeep/Chrysler dealer source. There are some differences in the pumps.

Thanks in advance
Greg

Family98TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2012, 09:50 AM   #2
Gary2
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Hook it up to the existing bracket and see if the rear is located where it should be if not switch it . Its a shame you had a drop pitman arm installed to begin with as you will not be able to get a true comparison of the two lift kits . It should not of been installed with the 4" kit either and ruined your steering geometry with out a drop bracket on the frame end of the front track bar . That removed alone will make a world of a difference
Gary2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
ome , pitman arm , rough country lift , track bar bracket , water pump

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.