old man emu - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > old man emu

8.8 Swap Kit w/ TRUSS for Jeeps~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFF

Unread 09-13-2011, 08:28 PM   #1
bob_351c
2002 TJ Wrangler 

old man emu

Is it really worth it to go with an oldman emu lift? im looking for a good 2-2.5 inch lift. any suggestions? And what site do you guys recommend for shipping to canada?

thanks

bob_351c is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-13-2011, 08:35 PM   #2
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob_351c View Post
Is it really worth it to go with an oldman emu lift? im looking for a good 2-2.5 inch lift. any suggestions?
I think so, and love mine.

Quote:
And what site do you guys recommend for shipping to canada?
I have no idea, even though my TJ is Canadian.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-13-2011, 09:10 PM   #3
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

I also think it's worth it. OME includes 0.8" rear bumpstop extensions, but that isn't enough...needs 1.3". i made up the difference with grade 8 fender washers and used a new M10 bolt.

as for where to get it...call Dirk at DPG Off-road.
www.dpgoffroad.com
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-13-2011, 09:29 PM   #4
bob_351c
2002 TJ Wrangler 

jeff- what size tires are you running? ive got a 2 inch budget boost right now and think the height is perfect for 31's but i know the ome lifts it more than2 inches in some cases. what spring stiffness did you go with?

unlimited- what total bumpstop height do you need? mines been screwed around with and i dont know what the stock one is supposed to be
Unread 09-13-2011, 09:37 PM   #5
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
unlimited- what total bumpstop height do you need? mines been screwed around with and i dont know what the stock one is supposed to be
stock bumpstops look like this:

OME N66 shocks (front for 2" lift) don't need any bumpstop extensions....stock setup is fine.

OME N67 shocks (rear for 2" lift) need 1.3" bumpstop extension over stock.

thats for running 31" tires....anything mlarger and those numbers may need to change...
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-13-2011, 09:40 PM   #6
JohnnyWhitehead
2011 JK Wrangler 

I love my OME and think it was well worth the money.
JohnnyWhitehead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-13-2011, 09:50 PM   #7
bob_351c
2002 TJ Wrangler 

im doing the sway bar end links at the same time. im putting another set of quick disco's do i need anything different or just the same endlinks as for stock height
Unread 09-14-2011, 02:51 AM   #8
adz4play
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I love the ride of my old man emu kit 3". But i do only have the comparison of the stock ride and a 2" budget kit (rustys) . Very comfortable ride in my opinion.
adz4play is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-14-2011, 04:29 AM   #9
grogie
M-F: Cell Block #4533

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Do look at the DPG Off-road kits. In fact I'd suggest something like the Ultimate kit. My setup is based on that, although I also did an SYE/combo. The pictures below are with OME HD springs and a front 3/4" spacer on 32s. It would fit 33s as well. Very nice ride.

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport
2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer

grogie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-14-2011, 07:06 AM   #10
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

You only need to bumpstop if you flex it to the max. The ride is suppose to be good. Very expensive though. I would go with the 2'' bds lift with the fox shocks when they come out.
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-14-2011, 06:34 PM   #11
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
jeff- what size tires are you running? ive got a 2 inch budget boost right now and think the height is perfect for 31's but i know the ome lifts it more than2 inches in some cases. what spring stiffness did you go with?
LT265/75R16....32's. I went with the HD set up.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs

Unread 09-15-2011, 10:16 PM   #12
bob_351c
2002 TJ Wrangler 

any info on the bds kit? when its gonna be out and the price?
Unread 09-16-2011, 04:34 PM   #13
bob_351c
2002 TJ Wrangler 

checked out their website and looks like they offer a 2 inch lift but no fox shocks to go with it, will the shocks for the 3 inch lift work? i emailed them about it and will post it when they get back to me. Any opinions on the quality of a bds lift? should i go with an OME with sport shocks or a BDS with fox
Unread 09-16-2011, 04:50 PM   #14
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
checked out their website and looks like they offer a 2 inch lift but no fox shocks to go with it, will the shocks for the 3 inch lift work? i emailed them about it and will post it when they get back to me. Any opinions on the quality of a bds lift? should i go with an OME with sport shocks or a BDS with fox
You're probably going to get opinions both ways, since they're both good lifts. I can't speak for the BDS lift, but the OME HD lift performs great offroad, rides great on road. Hell I drove 20 hours straight from Moab to home, without feeling like I was beat to death.

Unread 09-16-2011, 05:08 PM   #15
greg_kulosa

2005 LJ Wrangler 

I really like my OME lift. My wife used to complain about how the Jeep rode stock - but I haven't heard a thing since the OME lift.

Also, 2.5" lift, JKS bodylift (1.25"), and 33's is what I run. I just got back from the Rubicon and had a great trip. Everyone else was lifted much higher, and they were sure I was going to slow them down, but I just walked through most stuff no problem. I only had to winch once when I chose a bad line.
greg_kulosa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.