The old heater control/cruise problem - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > The old heater control/cruise problem

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valuePremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGRugged Ridge 8500lb Winch w/ Steel Cable $294.99 Shipped O

Unread 01-11-2011, 06:02 PM   #1
Davetopay
2005 LJ Wrangler 

The old heater control/cruise problem

Driving to work today my cruise control was set at 65 on the highway and then just quit. The light was on, but the throttle was released. I continued on my way.

Leaving work tonight, I had heat only on the defroster vents. No floor, no dash.

I know this has to be a vacuum issue, but where to look? I bought the Jeep last month at Carmax, so if it is more than a simple rubber hose issue I am taking it in for warranty work. What are the most common places to see this issue?

Davetopay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2011, 06:12 PM   #2
Howdy

2004 TJ Wrangler 

heater

Look under the hood not under the dash. Probably under the battery or on the firewall.

Now I own two of them.
Howdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2011, 06:30 PM   #3
Knuckelhead
AFSOC Retired

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howdy View Post
Look under the hood not under the dash. Probably under the battery or on the firewall.
Or on the intake manifold...
Unread 01-12-2011, 06:51 PM   #4
Davetopay
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckelhead View Post
Or on the intake manifold...
Bingo.

One of the vac lines going to the cruise came unplugged. No big deal. I guess I will need to give it a few drive cycles to relearn the fuel maps though. It likes to surge a bit when on the brake approaching a stop.
Davetopay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2011, 06:55 PM   #5
Knuckelhead
AFSOC Retired

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davetopay View Post
Bingo.

One of the vac lines going to the cruise came unplugged. No big deal. I guess I will need to give it a few drive cycles to relearn the fuel maps though. It likes to surge a bit when on the brake approaching a stop.
Glad I could be of some help...

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.