Oil Pressure Sending Unit - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Oil Pressure Sending Unit

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-10-2012, 08:36 AM   #1
RBGambler
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Oil Pressure Sending Unit

Good Morning,

I need some technical advice on how to identify and reach the Oil Pressure Sending Unit. I have searched and read many threads and I beleive I have all the information I needed, but when I went out to complete the project, I could not reach the area. I tried from under the vehicle and from the top. I am frustrated because every thread I read, simply says unplug the cap and unscrew it. It should be simple.

I know many of you will laugh at this question but I am a noob. I got my jeep 3 months ago and have been reading this site ever since. I know you read this everyday, but it is amazing how much info is on this site. I got suckered into Premium Membership with the Big Giveaway and Membership Drive so I plan on posting a lot more. Please have patience.

Thanks for all the help.

Unread 02-10-2012, 09:12 AM   #2
Teal97TJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

On my 97 it's located just above the oil filter. Unplug pigtail then unscrew sending unit.
Teal97TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2012, 12:45 PM   #3
stottman
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah its real easy, it's just on top of the oil filter. I did from the top but u might be able to get it from bottom if u remove the oil filter.
Unread 02-10-2012, 01:01 PM   #4
Jonny Jeep
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

This pic is a YJ Wrangler but the location's the same.

Rockauto 5% discount code can be found here... http://www.markviii.org/LOD2/products_services.htm

Online factory service manuals (FSMs) and parts lists can be viewed at http://www.jeep4x4center.com/knowledge-base/index.htm
If the link doesn't work properly, look for the service manual link under Jeep Resources at the bottom of the page.
Jonny Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2012, 02:43 PM   #5
JoeJeepWMU
1997 XJ Cherokee 

When you go to install the new one, don't put any thread tape on it.

2006 Jeep TJ Sport Auto White Jeep Club #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyGoat View Post
I'll do you one better. Friday afternoon.

Though to be fair I have washed my balls off in the sink once or twice.
JoeJeepWMU is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2012, 03:25 PM   #6
angelo2975

2002 TJ Wrangler 

I own a 2002 4.0 ...with DIS...the OPS is threaded into the block on the right hand side just below the coil rail connection can't miss it
angelo2975 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.