Oil Change Valve?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Oil Change Valve??

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?

Unread 01-06-2010, 03:23 PM   #1
Thexonexkid

1986 XJ Cherokee 

Oil Change Valve??

So has anyone had an experience with an oil change valve. With the skid plate its always a challenge changing the oil both getting the bolt out and also getting the oil to drain not on top of the skid plate (there is a hole but its not perfectly aligned and I have to shove cardboard up there and move it around)

So oil change valve??

QuickOilDrainValve.com - the best way to change oil

this is by no means the brand I am going to use (idk anything about them) and if you don't either there is a link to what I am talking about.

Any input is nice thanks.

Unread 01-06-2010, 03:24 PM   #2
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

lots of folks use Futomo drain valves.
Fumoto Engine Oil Drain Valve Installation - Jeep
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2010, 03:39 PM   #3
SamPsychoWise
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Hey, I have a one. I also have Skidrow Eng/Trans Skid plate. This drain works well with it, oil drains perfectly though the cut out in the skid plate. Only con that I have is.... It drains slowly. Just make sure your oil is nice and warm.
I got sick of fighting with a rachet, extension & swivel socket to get the drain plug out.

I think they are the same company
SamPsychoWise is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2010, 04:30 PM   #4
GOLENJEEPTJ
Running Secretly Amok!

2002 TJ Wrangler 

I also have a Fumoto and it works well, but a bit slower on the draining because of the bore size of hole in valve.
GOLENJEEPTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2010, 05:41 PM   #5
Polecat
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I put one of these on the last time I changed my oil. Haven't used it to drain yet but I am sure it will be less messy with the Skid Row skid I have under there.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.