oil capacity 4.0 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > oil capacity 4.0

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 10-07-2004, 06:38 PM   #1
snofrog

oil capacity 4.0

what is my oil capcity on my 4.0 ? i put in 5 and she look`s a little low.Thank`s Mark

snofrog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-07-2004, 06:40 PM   #2
JSBlu974X4
2005 LJ Wrangler 

manual says 5 but if its low add more.
2005 Unlimited Rubicon Hard N Soft Tops, Clayton Long Arm on RE Coils, Warn Bumper/Tire Carrier, Warn Winch N Bumper, Currie Steering, JKS Quicker Disconnects, JKS Front Trac Bar, Bilsteins, CO2 System..Yada Yada Yada
JSBlu974X4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-07-2004, 06:40 PM   #3
RCHavok797
2005 LJ Wrangler 

6 quarts and it says it in the owner's manual.
RCHavok797 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-07-2004, 06:45 PM   #4
JSBlu974X4
2005 LJ Wrangler 

oops my bad, hit the 5 instead of 6....but either way just add until the level says its fine
2005 Unlimited Rubicon Hard N Soft Tops, Clayton Long Arm on RE Coils, Warn Bumper/Tire Carrier, Warn Winch N Bumper, Currie Steering, JKS Quicker Disconnects, JKS Front Trac Bar, Bilsteins, CO2 System..Yada Yada Yada
JSBlu974X4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-07-2004, 06:47 PM   #5
snofrog

2 answers at 6 is good enough for me .Thankyou M
snofrog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-07-2004, 07:17 PM   #6
JeepCrawler_98

6 quarts
Unread 10-07-2004, 10:51 PM   #7
Stick

I just did an oil change (went from regular to synthetic), and 6 quarts put me just above the safe band on the dip stick.
Unread 10-08-2004, 12:17 AM   #8
JeepCrawler_98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stick
I just did an oil change (went from regular to synthetic), and 6 quarts put me just above the safe band on the dip stick.
Is that right after? If so it's normal for it to be a little over since the filter hasn't fully saturated yet.
Unread 10-09-2004, 11:23 PM   #9
halfmoonclip
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepCrawler_98
Is that right after? If so it's normal for it to be a little over since the filter hasn't fully saturated yet.
That may explain why you only get 5 qts back OUT, but all my I-6s have read a little over full with 6qts even after filter fill. Not to worry.
Moon
'07 Dodge Caliber R/T AWD-da kid's ride
Goodbye Old Blue XJ; 10+yrs, 100K+ miles; virtually trouble free; Long may you run!
halfmoonclip is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.