offroadtoystore - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > offroadtoystore

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!The Ruffstuff Optima Battery Box!

Closed Thread
Unread 03-29-2004, 04:58 PM   #1
J-DogTJ

offroadtoystore

Offroadtoystore.com anybody bought anything from there I am looking at lifts and they have good deals. Just seeing if anyone had any bad comments about them. Thanks

Warn Bumpers F/R
Big Daddy Rockers
Line-X interior
More to come.....
Unread 03-29-2004, 05:26 PM   #2
Michele
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-DogTJ
Offroadtoystore.com anybody bought anything from there I am looking at lifts and they have good deals. Just seeing if anyone had any bad comments about them. Thanks
I bought the 5.25 front speaker adapter plates from them.
They sent them quickly, but watch their shipping costs.
They charged me over 8 bux to ship two thin pieces of metal that barely weigh anything.

My TJ at cardomain
Unread 03-29-2004, 05:34 PM   #3
WhatWasIThinkin

There the Best!.......at screwing up orders, lying about it, putting it on the back burner, neglecting it then forget about the order. Then lots more lies and excuses and BS.

They Will fix the order when they find out that it cost them money by accidently shipping out the most expensive part 2x, when you let them know that you did this, they call UPS up quick to get it back, then they forget to ship the missing part that the expensive one replaced that they made sure UPS picked up..

And all this from the owner Mike Nevitt.

I will never purchase from Mike N, ORTS or 33 Engineering again. Lifes to short to deal with that aggrevation again.

My order finally got fixed only because I was diligent about keeping after him to correct my order.

I have great luck with Quadratec, MORE, JKS, Rocky Road, *******, and Raingler.
[size=2][color=darkolivegreen]*Engine=Stock* *Armor=OYR Rear Corners, SkidRow Engine Skid, OEM Rockers* *Lift=OME 942HD & 933HD Coils, OME N66 & N67 HD Shocks, ACOS front and rear, 1-1/4" JKS BL, JKS front Track Bar* *Tires/Wheels= 12.5x33" Interco TrXus MT's mounted on 15x8 Cragar 397 Steelies* *Bumpers and Carrier=Jeeperman Rock bumpers front and rear* * Other Stuff=1" M.O.R.E Bombproof Torsion Rubber MML, Meridian Gold GPS, CE 8k Winch*[/color][/size]
Unread 03-29-2004, 05:37 PM   #4
J-DogTJ

Well thats great. Just ordered it becuase for 490 bucks I got the 3.5in RE standard with jks quicker discos. didnt get any shocks. Hopefully they wont screw up my order because the last time I bought a lift a local place put it on wrong so hes all against off roading and its a hassel, looks like im in for it again. thanks for the replies
Warn Bumpers F/R
Big Daddy Rockers
Line-X interior
More to come.....
Unread 03-29-2004, 06:34 PM   #5
Spiderman

I was going to ask the same question about Off Road Toy Store. I ordered a RE 2" BB last week and am waiting for it. I paid $199.00 with free shipping and it seemed like a good deal; I guess I'll find out if it was or not; I'll let you know.
Unread 03-29-2004, 06:44 PM   #6
doorocks
Web Wheeler

Why don't any of you deal with Jason at www.redrock4x4.com? He's a member/vendor here, has a great rep, doesn't swindle, lie, cheat, steal or con you out of your parts. Has good delivery times, keeps you posted on your order, chats with you personally about the product or just for the heck of it and takes time to do things right.

Not to mention the Forum discount. I have and several people I know, deal with him and we are all very happy customers......if he makes a million of us, then that's great, he's giving us what we want and he's doing it the right way.

Give him a try.

Steve

RE 3.5 and all kinds of other relevant goodies, you know winch and stuff.

[COLOR=Red][B]Life is like walking into the No Chance Bar full of Future Darwin Stories........[/B][/COLOR]

More mods than a hillbilly's set of teeth..
Unread 03-29-2004, 10:18 PM   #7
Red Rubycon

They ripped me off on shipping!!! Bought their way overpriced 5-1/4 speaker adapter plates and paid $$ for two day shipping. Three of four days after I placed the order, they finally decided to mail it in the US mail. I wrote and complained about their delay in shipping and then using the US Mail (64 cents or something like that) when I paid for two day shipping ($10 or something like that - I wanted it for the weekend). Anyway, they at least wrote me back saying they didn't really give a crap that they shipped and that was that. They never acknowledged they failed to ship two day (the mail was 3-4 days) and that was after it sat on their desk for almost a week. Bottom line - if the outfit rips people off on the small stuff, then there's no way I'd ever trust them for anything large, that's for sure.
Unread 03-30-2004, 07:49 AM   #8
JeepZen

It's not exactly on topic but since so many people buy those speaker adapters from offroadtoystore and then complain (see above) about the price and the service I figured I would pass it on.

These adapters are plastic, but for only $10 it seems like a great deal. "Michele" found these guys and posted their info in the radio forum. NOTE: I have not actually bought these and cannot attest to their quality etc...

www.mjmautoinnovations.com

The speaker adapters are linked off the main page. They have a lot of adapters for a lot of different vehicles.

Do not travel far to other dusty lands, forsaking your own sitting place;
if you cannot find the truth where you are now, you will never find it.
Unread 03-30-2004, 01:59 PM   #9
Michele
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I won't buy anything from this guy again, just because of his attitude. I emailed him just to let him know that he had some competition that was offering much lower prices, and he emailed me back and said, "well they won't be selling them much longer, my patent is due soon". And that was all he wrote.

My TJ at cardomain
Unread 03-30-2004, 03:59 PM   #10
Ono

My 2-cents.

Iíve dealt with ORTS twice. Once on a Tuffy utility drawer and once for a Warn 9.5Ti and winch plate. They had the best price on the Tuffy and the Winch was very competitively priced. Both times the service was great with good follow up and the parts arrived on time.
Unread 03-30-2004, 04:27 PM   #11
J-DogTJ

Well just heard back from Mike and he says RE is severely behind and assuming they have the parts they should be shipped by thurs or friday. So far so good I guess, he promtly emailed me back and said he was calling them to confirm stuff. Lets hope RE gets the parts soon!
Warn Bumpers F/R
Big Daddy Rockers
Line-X interior
More to come.....
Unread 03-30-2004, 05:56 PM   #12
muddy00

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-DogTJ
Well just heard back from Mike and he says RE is severely behind and assuming they have the parts they should be shipped by thurs or friday. So far so good I guess, he promtly emailed me back and said he was calling them to confirm stuff. Lets hope RE gets the parts soon!

Seems just like the story I got when Ibought from him!!
Unread 03-30-2004, 06:40 PM   #13
doorocks
Web Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddy00
Seems just like the story I got when Ibought from him!!

That statement of RE being behind is correct, however it is not their "doing", the shocks for all kits are not being produced fast enough by the manufacturer.

Steve

RE 3.5 and all kinds of other relevant goodies, you know winch and stuff.

[COLOR=Red][B]Life is like walking into the No Chance Bar full of Future Darwin Stories........[/B][/COLOR]

More mods than a hillbilly's set of teeth..
Unread 03-30-2004, 09:04 PM   #14
Red Rubycon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepZen
It's not exactly on topic but since so many people buy those speaker adapters from offroadtoystore and then complain (see above) about the price and the service I figured I would pass it on.

These adapters are plastic, but for only $10 it seems like a great deal. "Michele" found these guys and posted their info in the radio forum. NOTE: I have not actually bought these and cannot attest to their quality etc...
url ..<snipped..>
The speaker adapters are linked off the main page. They have a lot of adapters for a lot of different vehicles.
I've read about these 10 buck guys a bit too much on this board. I think we are getting spammed for the lower cost speaker adopters. Moderators - you may want to trace back some of the user ID and see if the guy is self promoting himself.

Anyway, I think the piece of crap outfit (Offroad Toys or whatever the character calls himself these days) is over priced. But I knew that going into it and was willing to take a reaming for the convenience. What I didn't know was that he would take a week to ship after I paid 10 bucks for 2 day FedEx shipping. Then the SOB has the nerve to send it in the mail for 64 cents. I complain to the jerk that runs the outfit and he says "well we shipped it and you'll get in 2-3 days". I should have stopped payment on the AMEX charge b/c I paid for two day FedEx. In any event, what that guy did... i.e. - use 64 cent US 2-3 day mail instead of the 10 buck 2 day FedEx that I paid him for was unlawful and the equivalent of stealing. Like my dad used to tell me - people are either honest or they are not. Well there's no question with this jerk - he is not honest and d/n give a crap about it...

I'd strongly rec. you call him and tell him to forget about the order - you'll save yourself a bunch of headaches, even when the jerk ships it, I bet he shortchanges you somehow. Then place the order with the folks who have a good rep on this board and/or 4wd or q-tek.
Unread 03-30-2004, 09:12 PM   #15
azshtr

I ordered JKS disconnects from him, prompt shipping. Then I ordered a skid and after some time I finnally called and asked about the shippment (a week late at this point) and was told that the supplier was late and to expect shipping any day. The next day the ship track number appaered in my email box. I don't mind the delay but communication from the start would have been better.
Closed Thread

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.