OFFICIAL: DECEMBER TJ of THE MONTH CONTEST!!! VOTE NOW!! THE CONTEST HAS STARTED!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > OFFICIAL: DECEMBER TJ of THE MONTH CONTEST!!! VOTE NOW!! THE CONTEST HAS STARTED!!

ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.c

View Poll Results: Vote for Your December 2010 TJoTM
lancetkenyon 105 31.34%
cgmrdc 24 7.16%
kdukes4 45 13.43%
2006_Sport 13 3.88%
USAFRecon 16 4.78%
Apex 27 8.06%
frAnkin_ruBi 35 10.45%
MO2500 24 7.16%
Recoil 14 4.18%
Blackwidow TJ 32 9.55%
Voters: 335. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 12-09-2010, 08:46 AM   #1
EugeneTheTJ
Tar Heel

2003 TJ Wrangler 

OFFICIAL: DECEMBER TJ of THE MONTH CONTEST!!! VOTE NOW!! THE CONTEST HAS STARTED!!

sorry about the other thread yall.

Here is the official December TJoTM contest!

Remember that this closes on the 14th so vote early!

Also, will everyone please crawl this thread!

Thanks,
Chris

EugeneTheTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2010, 08:51 AM   #2
EugeneTheTJ
Tar Heel

2003 TJ Wrangler 

lancetkenyon

Name: Lance T Kenyon, Peoria, AZ
Username: lancetkenyon
Vehicle: 01 TJ

Engine: 4.0 w 62mm throttle body and spacer, CAI.

Transmission: Stock NV3550.

Transfer case: Swapped in Rubi NV241OR.

Drive shafts: F/R Phx Rack and Axle CV driveshafts.

Suspension: Rock Krawler custom long arm stretch system to 111” WB(10” rear stretch, 7.5” front stretch), 3 link front w custom Lost Offroad Fab track bar, 4 link rear.

Springs/shocks: FOA 16” coilovers front, Procomp 3” coils rear with Procomp 3000s through the tub(4” of suspension lift over stock, 1" body lift).

Rear axle: Jeep J20 LP D60 rear w 35 spline Teraflex 4140H chromos, Yukon full spool, Yukon 5.86 R&P, Alloy USA cover, RK cradle, Genright LCA mounts, Teraflex disc brakes.

Front axle: 01 Dodge LP D60 front w RCV shafts(35 spline 4140H chromo 1 pc inners, 33 spline 300M outers), PSC dbl ram full hydro steering, Lost Offroad Fab full trussing, Spartan locker, Yukon 5.86 R&P, stock Dodge disc brakes, Riddler diff cover.

Rims/tires: 17x8.5 Walker Evans beadlocks with 39-13.50-17 BFG Red Label Krawlers.

Other mods: Full custom cage, rear shock hoops by Lost Offroad fab with rear shocks through the tub, Warn sliders, BS Sand suspension seats, Crow 5 point harnesses, Warn XD9000i winch and Warn winch plate, KC 150w Daylighter headlights, rock lights, killer trail tunes, custom sheet metal work by AZ rocks.

Story: I bought this Jeep new off the showroom floor in 2001 as a daily driver for my wife. After 3 years of occasional hunting out of it, I went on my first real trail run and was hooked. It has taken 6+ years to bring my rig to its current state. I thank my loving wife and 2 daughters for putting up with the late hours and tons of money put into my big weekend toy. It is still undergoing changes, like being lowered an inch this week, new rear suspension re-design, etc. I still have more plans for it when money allows, like an auto tranny, Atlas, boat sides and back half, etc. This thing gets used more than a $2 hooker, and looks worse, but I love it. The Jeep……not the hooker.

Pictures:

cgmrdc

Name: Cory Marchant
Username: cgmrdc

Mods (optional):
98 TJ 4.0/ax-15/231 w/ Teraflex SS sye and 2lo
Axles: HP30 with 4.10s and Aussie, Ford 8.8 w/ 4.10s and LSD
Suspension: RC 2.5 coils, RE adjustable superflex control arms, RE discos, WJ steering and brakes, JKS 1.25 BL, MORE 1” BL, outboarded rear shocks, relocated front shocks, 12” of travel front and rear
Armor: Custom Hi-line fenders front and rear, Custom mini-boat side sliders, Custom belly up skid, Custom high clearance rear bumper and Custom oil pan skid
Tires: 36” TSL SXs on 15x10 Soft 8s with OffroadOverstock DIY beadlocks (some pics show my old 33” LTBs),
Other mods: CJ tailgate, CIA routed through the cowl, Flowmaster 40, Bestop Safari/ Wraparound wind jammer/ duster, push button start, CB.

Story (optional): First Jeep was an 89 XJ, went through 2 motors and needed something more reliable for school. Bought this in June 2008 basically stock, been slowly modding ever since. I’ve wheeled her in MO, KS, OK, CO, and UT. The trip to Colorado and Moab was the highlight of my jeep life time and can’t wait to go back. My other passion is fabrication and when not in class I’m at work at a local fab shop. I love building and am lucky to have the time and tools to build as much as can. All armor, body work and paint was done in my garage by me. Soon I plan to add a custom fastback style cage and build a two-piece half cab hard top and 3 link the front and 4 link the rear. Front bumer with integrated suck down winch are in the planning stages as well. A lot of my ideas have come from JF and this site has saved me so much money (which is important for a college kid) and headaches over the two years I’ve owned her. Thanks so much for your consideration!

Pictures:

kdukes4

Name: Kyle
Username: kdukes4
Mods: air intake, Diehard battery, ARB compressor, 4.5” RE coils, shocks, adjustable UCA’s, rear adj. track bar,Currie JJ LCA’s, HD steering set up & front adj. track bar, Tera extreme SS SYE, tommy ds, 1” BL & 1” browndog MML, front D44, alloy 31 chromos ARB locker, superior axle tube seals, vanco brakes & extended lines, rear D44, alloy 35, ARB locker, 4.88 yukon gearing, 36" iRoks on soft 8’s, Superlift truspeed calibrator, xrc8 and recovery gear, Baystate Offroad bumper, FabWerkz Offroad swing down carrier/bumper, MonkeyBars rocker guard/sliders 6” up and under, TNT fenders & led's , flowmaster 44 , herculined tub, columbia edition, uniden cb, pa, 4' k40, alpine stereo, 12” sub, kenwood mono

rti f1000 r925

Future Mods: cage, outboard shocks, tummy tuck, rear fenders, smaller interior/exterior things..

2006_Sport

Name:Zach Cropper

Username: 2006_Sport

Mods (optional):
-D30 aussie locker
-31x10.50R15 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs
-15x8 4" BS Cragar Soft 8s
-Upol Raptor Liner bedlined tub
-Hella 500 Driving lights
-Delta Quadbar hyper white xenon headlamps
-JKS Motor mount lift
-JKS rear adjustable track bar
-Uniden 520XL Pro CB with firestik antenna and PA
-Alpine CDE-102 Headunit
-Poison spyder customs steering box skid
-2 inch (2.25) BDS suspension lift
JKS 1.25" Body lift
-Removed purse from underneath gas pedal

I think that's it....That last one is for you Tony.

Story (optional): Always wanted a Jeep ever since my buddy got one and I saw you could do all sorts of stuff to it. I got one in January of 09 with 33k miles on it. I'm now in the process of making it the most capable "smaller" Jeep I can while still being a great DD rig.

Pictures:

This one is with the body lift on as of 12/6/10, 3.5 inches of lift on 31s FTMFW

USAFRecon

Name: Jason Bailey
Username: USAFRecon
Mods (optional): Rough Country 4'' springs all around with 2'' spacer front and short arms front, Rubicon Express skid plate and Long Arms in the rear attached to a Ford 8.8 with 4.10s, discs and a Limited Slip Diff, with a Riddler Diff cover. Up front I have the stock Dana 30 open with 4.10s with Savvy Black Magic brake pads and Centric rotors. Tires are 35x12.50R15 Baja Claws wrapped around Ultra Motorsports wheels. I also have AtoZ sliders with steps. Smittybilt bumpers front and rear and a XRC8 winch up front. Hurculined floors and that's about it. One other thing I have done a SYE and a custom drive shaft for it.
Story (optional): Bought this Jeep back in April of 07, deployed shortly thereafter and blew all my money on this thing! Then deployed again in 2009-2010 and spent more money on it. I think it is about where I want it to be, all I have left is to Chromo the D30 and truss it and put an E Locker in front and rear. I just got this thing all buttoned up about a week ago and thus the parkin lot poser pics.
Pictures:

Unread 12-09-2010, 08:57 AM   #3
EugeneTheTJ
Tar Heel

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Apex

Name: Brian
Username: Apex
Mods: Rubicon Express 3.5" Longarm, 35x12.50 Goodyear old style MT/Rs wrapped around 15x8 Cragar Soft 8s, Superior Super35 kit, rear ARB, HP30, front lockright, 4.10 gears, Advanced Adapters SYE, Tom Wood front & rear driveshafts, Currie AntiRock, Metalcloak Arched tube fenders, Rokmen steering skid, Savvy front bumper, Savvy corner armor, Warn M10000, Raingler nets, RockHard bolt-in cage, Riddler diff cover, ZJ tie-rod, Herculiner, Uniden Pro538W CB, full and half doors, some frame mounted sliders and a single surviving KC daylighter.

Future/in progress mods include: 35 spline detroit locked 9" rear, triangulated rear 4-link, outboarded shocks, 98-99" WB and maybe some 37"s

frAnkin_ruBi

Name: Jonathan Rahmani

Username: frAnkin_ruBi

Mods:
Currently a 2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon with;
4.0 inline 6
NSG370
NP241
5.5" Clayton long arm lift w/4-link rear suspension
Bilstein 5100 Shocks
JKS 1" MML
Daystar 1" Poly body lift
JKS quick disconnects
38x15.5x15 Super Swamper TSL radials
5.13 Yukon gears
Front Yukon Dana 44 chrome moly axle shafts with locker - 30 spline
Rear Superior Dana 44 chrome moly axle shafts with locker - 30 spline
Tom woods CV drive shaft
AEM intake w/ Airraid TBS
Catback straight pipe design
Heavy duty twin compressor OBA w/ 2.5 gallon tank
Rugged ridge rear bumper w/tire rack and fab'd hi lift brackets
Future mods and current projects:
Finish custom designed hood scoop with ram air and cowl induction
Homemade front tube fenders
Gen right rear corner guards w/ homemade tube fenders
LOD competition stinger front bumper
Warn 9500ti
Rock-jock Dana 60 front and rear axles w/ ARB locker and 5.13 yukon gears
RIPP supercharger
Story:

I first bought this jeep back in 2008, a couple of months after I had totaled my previous TJ. I was able to salvage everything from the wreck except for the lift which bummed me out, because I had been so used to going offroad with more ground clearance. As the months went by I slowly started to become envious of modded jeeps that I passed by, and eventually convinced myself that I need to build a bigger and badder jeep than before. After countless hours of research, I finally started to order all the suspension and axle parts to make it drivable as soon as possible. At this point the welding skills needed to install my long arms were too great for me, so off to the shop it went. After I got her back I finished her up and took her out and so far she has handled like a dream.

Many more thing are still on the agenda to get done, and I hope to have the fenders and hood finished by spring. Thanks for looking

Pictures:

MO2500

Name: Mike O’Donnell

Username: MO2500

Modifications:
1997 Jeep Wrangler w/ 2.5L and Ax-5 manual transmission
- Dana 30 w/ Aussie locker, Solid front diff cover, and 4.88 gears
- Dana 35 w/ 4.88 gearing
- Currie Anti-rock Sway Bar
- Fabtech short arm LCA’s (Johnny Joints on both ends)
- 4” spings
- RC X-Flex UCA’s
- ZJ (V8) Tie Rod
- Pro Comp 33x12.50 M/T’s
- Pro Comp 51 series black “D” style wheels
- Homebuilt front bumper with integrated winch mount and D-rings
- Homebuilt rear frame crossmember with LED marker lights and D-rings
- Homebuilt steering box skid plate
- DND Rocker guards
- RE Hand Throttle
- Advanced Adapters SYE
- Tom Wood CV Driveshaft
- JKS angled CV track bar bracket
- WARN M8000 Recovery Winch
- Tow Straps and D-rings
- Crown kevlar SS brake lines
- Sony Marine Radio and aftermarket speaker bar w/ map lights
- Moab rock shifter knob
- Black Neoprene Seat Covers
Plans for the future: Roll cage, seats, fuel cell, and an axle upgrade with custom DIY stretch and 3/4 links front and rear respectively.

Story:
I’m a 20 year-old college student and this is my first jeep and actually my first vehicle that’s under my name. I purchased it back in the fall of 2008 and have been slowly building it ever since. I bust my tail running my own landscaping business so that I can afford my Jeep addiction. Mom and dad do not pay for anything and I don’t expect them to. I am quickly learning a lot about my jeep and since buying a welder have been getting into fabrication and custom building bumpers and things, so I like to think it’s progressing pretty quickly. Since this jeep is not my daily driver I have plans for it to be a dedicated trail rig with everything on it custom built or modified by myself. I've always been into wrenching so this jeep is perfect for me to learn and expand my skills. After I finish school I hope to one day open up my own automotive shop and hopefully be fabricating and working on Jeeps for a long time to come. Maybe doing work for a few of you guys someday.

Pictures:

Recoil

Name: Jerry
Username: Recoil

Story:
I bought my first Jeep in 2004. It was a 98 TJ with a 4 banger and 200000 miles. I was immediately hooked and about two years ago I ran across the penguin.

A 2005 Rubicon Unlimited Silver with a 6 speed transmission and all kinds of potential

Mods:
TNT Long arm suspension with high clearance belly pan and dual triangulated rear 4-link with rear axle truss.
AEV Nth degree 3" springs
Doesch-tec shocks
Rubicon Express Extreme Duty Track Bar
Cragar 365's 15X8 in black
35/12.5/R15 BFG MudTerrains
Currie Antirock Front Sway Bar
Currie currectlink steering
Currie bumpstops

Front 45" Currie V Bumper
Rear LoD Expedition series tire carrier bumper

Centric Rotors all the way around
EBC Yellow stuff pads up front Green stuff in the rear

Custom exhaust with Hushpower HP2 muffler and spuntec cat

Armor:
TNT tube fenders with 3.5" flare
TNT rockers with step
TNT full quarters with 3.5" flare

Mods waiting to go on
TNT rear outboard shock kit

The Shots

Ever seen a happier jeep!

BlackwidowTJ

Name: Steve Hogan

Username: Blackwidow TJ

Mods:

2004 Rubicon
5.13 gears
Chromoly USA alloys front shafts
Superior chromoly rears
RE long arms
Homebrew highline with Poison Spyder tube fenders
Homemade rock sliders
Home made snorkle
Home made radiator skid
Over the knuckle 1.5x .250 wall dom steering W/ Chevy Rod Ends
Fishmouth Fabworks Grille Hoop
Ruff stuff diff covers
36x12.5x15 TSL XS's
CJ7 Front Signals and Tailgate
Full Poison Spyder Cage
Bilstein Shocks
"H8 YOTAS" License Plates

Story:

Bought it brand new in 2004, rolled it before the first payment, haven't looked back since, It's a daily driver built for wheeling.....the best has yet to come.
Build thread can be seen here http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/my...ining-1055667/ One tons and LJ links getting ready to go in!

Pics

Unread 12-09-2010, 08:59 AM   #4
EugeneTheTJ
Tar Heel

2003 TJ Wrangler 

bump and crawled
Unread 12-09-2010, 09:13 AM   #5
EugeneTheTJ
Tar Heel

2003 TJ Wrangler 

ttt
Unread 12-09-2010, 09:24 AM   #6
EugeneTheTJ
Tar Heel

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Don't forget to crawl this thread yall!
Unread 12-09-2010, 10:00 AM   #7
sail78385
2004 LJ Wrangler 

What happened to my submission?
Unread 12-09-2010, 10:01 AM   #8
EugeneTheTJ
Tar Heel

2003 TJ Wrangler 

It didnt make the top 10.

If you want to try again just resubmit next month

Unread 12-09-2010, 10:17 AM   #9
sail78385
2004 LJ Wrangler 

?
Unread 12-09-2010, 10:31 AM   #10
sail78385
2004 LJ Wrangler 

RULES:

*updated*
• LJ Unlimiteds will be allowed every month regardless
Unread 12-09-2010, 10:37 AM   #11
BlackWidow TJ
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sail78385 View Post
RULES:

*updated*
LJ Unlimiteds will be allowed every month regardless
Allowed to enter (be submitted) to the TJ of the month contset, not make the top ten regaurdless of other submissions.
Unread 12-09-2010, 10:37 AM   #12
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sail78385 View Post
RULES:

*updated*
LJ Unlimiteds will be allowed every month regardless
You were allowed to enter. You were not chosen for the top 10.

That rule came from when we were deciding what kind of contest we wanted to run. Some wanted it to be tj only and not include lj's. It was decided that it didn't matter.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2010, 10:37 AM   #13
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Bump cause its on the top of the page.
Hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2010, 10:58 AM   #14
sail78385
2004 LJ Wrangler 

lancetkenyon nice built jeep
Unread 12-09-2010, 11:04 AM   #15
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Oh Jesus, I didn't think I was gonna make it into the ten

Good luck everyone! Voted for MO2500, us "smaller" guys (tire wise) gotta stick together! .

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.