JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   TJ Wrangler Technical Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/)
-   -   Off to Boot Camp sunday night, what do I need to do to my rig? (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/off-boot-camp-sunday-night-what-do-i-need-do-my-rig-716195/)

Erik T. 03-05-2009 03:07 PM

Off to Boot Camp sunday night, what do I need to do to my rig?
 
It won't be driven for 13 weeks, beyond the occasional start up.

Oil change I'm assuming, what else? (if anything)

wrangler2007 03-05-2009 03:08 PM

Find somewhere to store it and would people recommend STA-BIL?

dawnskaybug 03-05-2009 03:10 PM

13 weeks isnt really that long..
I would disconnect the battery..
I would probably take it out and store it it will be alot harder to steal...

Erik T. 03-05-2009 03:12 PM

It being stolen is an extremely unlikely prospect, it'll be at my parents out in the countryside. Watched over a lot and no strangers for miles around.

JeeperAbe 03-05-2009 03:15 PM

I would change the oil and filter, then drive up to the gas station and fill it was gas, then drive it to where you are going to store it and take the battery out. Make sure to air up your tires to and you should be good to go then.

wrangler2007 03-05-2009 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeeperAbe (Post 6731303)
I would change the oil and filter, then drive up to the gas station and fill it was gas, then drive it to where you are going to store it and take the battery out. Make sure to air up your tires to and you should be good to go then.

I second that...my idea about sta-bil is too long term for this lol

b3nj4m1n 03-05-2009 03:19 PM

make sure no spiders get in :eek: :laugh:

desync0 03-05-2009 03:20 PM

Change the oil and remove the battery like other guys said, unless you're parents can start it up once a week or so.

I'd throw some gas stabilizer in there too since gas can go stale in 3 months.

Erik T. 03-06-2009 08:43 PM

I changed the oil today, and I top the gas up tomorrow before I leave.

Are tires okay having the weight on the same spot for that long of a time frame? Or should I set the sucker up on blocks?

wrangler2007 03-06-2009 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erik T. (Post 6740376)
I changed the oil today, and I top the gas up tomorrow before I leave.

Are tires okay having the weight on the same spot for that long of a time frame? Or should I set the sucker up on blocks?

don't make it THAT easy for someone to take your wheels and tires lol:tea:

polo196 03-06-2009 09:06 PM

good luck and Semper Fi

chem57guru 03-06-2009 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by polo196 (Post 6740529)
good luck and Semper Fi

X2 SEMPER FI

roadrashmike 03-06-2009 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erik T. (Post 6731250)
It won't be driven for 13 weeks, beyond the occasional start up.

Oil change I'm assuming, what else? (if anything)

:)iF YOUR DRIVING THROUGH ARIZONA ON YOUR WAY TO BOOT CAMP,:p YOU CAN LEAVE THE JEEP WIT ME :2thumbsup:I`LL MAKE SURE EVERYTHING STAYS OFFROAD READY :D and thank you in advance for your service:thumbsup:

ijp4fun 03-06-2009 09:24 PM

Put some mouse bait or one way mouse traps inside and outside the jeep.Those critters can damage things super fast and multiply in 13 weeks.

If you are worried about flat tires, fill them with nitrogen before you go.

ID_Zizzer 03-06-2009 09:28 PM

Thank you for your service. If you can get your parents to start it up for you I wouldn't worry too much. My rig sat for the entire time I was at boot camp and tech school, I thought my mom was starting it for me but she didn't. Anyway, after 5 months all I had to do was charge the battery and it was good to go.


The time now is 02:44 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.