OBD II Codes p0340 and p0344 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > OBD II Codes p0340 and p0344

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineKrawlOff-Road.com Jeep Beach Sale

Unread 01-16-2009, 01:50 PM   #1
prljeep
2013 JK Wrangler 

OBD II Codes p0340 and p0344

2005 Wrangler X - 63k, 6 speed, I6 - no engine mods

Drive at 50 mph, my check engine light came on and it started "chugging" when I up shifted from 1 to 2 and 2 to 3. I was able to limp it home. It also takes a while to crank over.

With my first pass of OBD, I threw p0340 and p0344. After I erased the codes, I am only throwing p0340.

It looks like a camshaft sensor code? Is there anything behind it throwing both codes?

Also, could weather play a factor in this? It is like -12 F here. I drove it to work and back this morning and afternoon with no problems (30 min drive each way).

Any knowledge on the codes would be awesome! What is the crankshaft code? I just replaced on of them...but I can't remember if it was cam or crank!

prljeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2009, 02:14 PM   #2
GOLENJEEPTJ
Running Secretly Amok!

2002 TJ Wrangler 

(M)
Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) illuminated during engine operation if this DTC was recorded
(depending if required by CARB and/or EPA). MIL is displayed as an engine icon on instrument panel.

(G)
Generator lamp illuminated

Generic Scan
Tool P-Code
DRB Scan Tool Display Brief Description of DTC
P0336 (M) Crankshaft Position (CKP) Sensor
Signal
Problem with voltage signal from CKP.
P0340 (M) No Cam Signal At PCM No fuel sync
P0341 (M) Camshaft Position (CMP) Sensor
Signal
Problem with voltage signal from CMP.
P0350 Ignition Coil Draws Too Much
Current
A coil (1-5) is drawing too much current.
P0351 (M) Ignition Coil # 1 Primary Circuit Peak primary circuit current not achieved with maximum
dwell time.
P0352 (M) Ignition Coil # 2 Primary Circuit Peak primary circuit current not achieved with maximum
dwell time.
P0353 (M) Ignition Coil # 3 Primary Circuit Peak primary circuit current not achieved with maximum
dwell time.
P0354 (M) Ignition Coil # 4 Primary Circuit Peak primary circuit current not achieved with maximum
dwell time (High Impedance).
P0355 (M) Ignition Coil # 5 Primary Circuit Peak primary circuit current not achieved with maximum
dwell time (High Impedance).
P0356 (M) Ignition Coil # 6 Primary Circuit Peak primary circuit current not achieved with maximum
dwell time (high impedance).
P0357 (M) Ignition Coil # 7 Primary Circuit Peak primary circuit current not achieved with maximum
P0358 (M) Ignition Coil # 8 Primary Circuit Peak primary circuit current not achieved with maximum
P0370 Fuel Injection Pump Speed/Position
Sensor Sig Lost
Problem caused by internal fuel injection pump failure.
P0380 (M) Intake Air Heater Relay #1 Control
Circuit
Problem detected in #1 air heater solenoid/relay circuit
(not heater element)
P0381 (M) Wait To Start Lamp Inoperative Problem detected in wait-to-start bulb circuit.
P0382 (M) Intake Air Heater Relay #2 Control
Circuit
Problem detected in #2 air heater solenoid/relay circuit
(not heater element)
P0387 Crankshaft Position Sensor Supply
Voltage Too Low
CKP sensor voltage input below the minimum acceptable
voltage.
P0388 Crankshaft Position Sensor Supply
Voltage Too High
CKP sensor voltage input above the maximum acceptable
voltage.
GOLENJEEPTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2009, 02:16 PM   #3
GOLENJEEPTJ
Running Secretly Amok!

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Did you replace the sensor, or did someone else?Camshaft sensor is located where you would see a distributor!Crankshaft sensor is on top of bell housing and engine area on drivers side!Sounds like a bad CMP!
Unread 01-16-2009, 03:30 PM   #4
prljeep
2013 JK Wrangler 

I looked back. It was the camshaft sensor that was replaced 10k miles ago. I did it myself. When it went out the first time, my jeep wouldn't even turn over. This time it turns over...just takes a while.

Does anyone know if they sell a cam sensor after market? Last time, I had to go through the stealership for it.
prljeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2009, 04:42 PM   #5
GOLENJEEPTJ
Running Secretly Amok!

2002 TJ Wrangler 

I know most auto part stores sell them. You might have to order it though! I have bought them through Auto Zone before! I just did it online because they didn't have it in stock!
Unread 01-16-2009, 04:45 PM   #6
GOLENJEEPTJ
Running Secretly Amok!

2002 TJ Wrangler 

There is that possibility, it could be a bad pulse ring that the sensor screws on to! Don't want to alarm you... but it is possible, but I doubt it!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.