OBD II Codes P0340 and P0344 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > OBD II Codes P0340 and P0344

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!

Unread 01-04-2008, 03:53 PM   #1
prljeep
2013 JK Wrangler 

OBD II Codes P0340 and P0344

2005 Jeep Wrangler X - 53k- I6 - MT

My check engine light came on on the ride home from work...figured it was a loose vacuum line because my cruise control would not work. However, it would downshift very roughly.

When I got home, I turned it off and tried to start it again- nothing. Just cranking. I did the key trick and got the following codes P0340 and P0344. Looks like they are camshaft position sensor related??? Any thoughts since they appear to be the same code? 53k and I am all ready losing one??

Anything else you can tell me about these codes???

Where would you start?

Last edited by prljeep; 01-04-2008 at 08:43 PM..
prljeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2008, 06:02 PM   #2
creaky70
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Sounds like the cam position sensor (AKA "stator" & "coil pickup") took a dump. I have heard of instances where the magnet falls off the mounting plate and falls into the distriburtor.
creaky70 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.