NV3350 Shift Tower Assembly Replacement - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > NV3350 Shift Tower Assembly Replacement

The Cure for your Tie Rod Roll!Steering and more from Ruffstuff!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 08-13-2015, 09:25 AM   #1
Eric90xj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

NV3350 Shift Tower Assembly Replacement

The shifter on my NV3550 is loose and sloppy. It just wobbles around in neutral and will grind gears if I am not careful shifting into 3rd and 4th. I took it apart last night and found a decent amount of play in the shift tower.

I think it should be replaced but I can't find a suitable replacement. I have seen the Hurst and B&M which look really solid but I'm not really into that price. Is there a good aftermarket replacement shift assembly that is a bit more modestly priced?

Eric90xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2015, 09:52 AM   #2
BYuen
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I got this one and it works great. Just like the factory one but without the part numbers. It says it's made by New Venture even though they are no longer around. Could be old stock or maybe made by whoever made the shift tower for NV.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jeep-NV3550-...c5f73d&vxp=mtr
BYuen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2015, 10:09 AM   #3
Eric90xj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Cool, it looks like the shift stick is a stubby in the pic. Did it come like this or is it actually longer?
Unread 08-13-2015, 02:45 PM   #4
BYuen
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric90xj View Post
Cool, it looks like the shift stick is a stubby in the pic. Did it come like this or is it actually longer?
You'll have to remove your shifter from the shift tower and swap it.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/n...moval-1408691/

Note: '03-'04 NV3550s use a different connection. However, the square nub is what you need for your '01.
Unread 08-14-2015, 11:11 AM   #5
Eric90xj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYuen View Post
You'll have to remove your shifter from the shift tower and swap it.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/n...moval-1408691/

Note: '03-'04 NV3550s use a different connection. However, the square nub is what you need for your '01.
Thanks, I went back and took a second look at the shift tower assembly last night and realized the shift stick was a two part assembly so that the tower could be used in various applications. Went ahead and ordered the part. Thanks for your help!
Unread 08-14-2015, 01:01 PM   #6
BYuen
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric90xj
Thanks, I went back and took a second look at the shift tower assembly last night and realized the shift stick was a two part assembly so that the tower could be used in various applications. Went ahead and ordered the part. Thanks for your help!
Np! Make sure you run to the hardware store and get those two bolts and nuts as shown in the thread I linked, or you won't be able to separate the shifter from the tower.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.