Nutsert for Transfer Case Removal and Install - Page 17 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Nutsert for Transfer Case Removal and Install

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 05-10-2010, 02:43 PM   #241
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by samger2 View Post
So what about a good solid weld around the nutsert? The reason I ask is because two of the nutserts apparently weren't put in correctly because they're starting to pull out a bit...so either the tool method wasn't used...or something...but two of them will definitely need welded.

I don't mean a tack weld, I mean a full on weld around the entire perimeter of the nutsert...that would certainly be as strong as the nutsert had it been installed correctly right?
If you're going to weld all the way around it, just remove the stupid thing and weld a nut in the frame. If you're mechanic isn't smart enough to install a simple nutsert, fire him and find another one. This isn't rocket science, it's not even particularly difficult and you've been given enough examples, explanations and pictures to teach a spastic low IQ, (even by monkey standards) 3 fingered capuchin with one arm in a sling that's blind in one eye how to do this.

Unread 05-10-2010, 02:47 PM   #242
samger2
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
If you're going to weld all the way around it, just remove the stupid thing and weld a nut in the frame. If you're mechanic isn't smart enough to install a simple nutsert, fire him and find another one. This isn't rocket science, it's not even particularly difficult and you've been given enough examples, explanations and pictures to teach a spastic low IQ, (even by monkey standards) 3 fingered capuchin with one arm in a sling that's blind in one eye how to do this.
Thanks I appreciate your un-useful info. Maybe it didn't get done like the pics...but for the love of God the guy is still my FRIEND...so lay off calling him a moron.

I'm sure everyone here has done some stuff we could all make fun of so please chill out a bit there mr. perfect.
samger2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2010, 03:15 PM   #243
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Thanks I appreciate your un-useful info. Maybe it didn't get done like the pics...but for the love of God the guy is still my FRIEND...so lay off calling him a moron.

I'm sure everyone here has done some stuff we could all make fun of so please chill out a bit there mr. perfect.
Unuseful info? You crack me up. Go read the first post in this thread again, and see if you can figure out who helped BDeuce get this all figured out so he could do his very fine write-up.

And finally, before you accuse me of calling someone a moron, at least check to see if I really did.
Unread 05-10-2010, 03:23 PM   #244
samger2
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Yes...by saying that my friend isn't smart enough to put in a nutsert...and then saying "This isn't rocket science, it's not even particularly difficult and you've been given enough examples, explanations and pictures to teach a spastic low IQ, (even by monkey standards) 3 fingered capuchin with one arm in a sling that's blind in one eye how to do this."

Yeah...you called him a moron...

Just don't be a prick that's all I ask...people come here for help, not to be degraded...again, I'm sorry that I'm not as perfect as you, but don't be a prick.
Unread 05-10-2010, 04:02 PM   #245
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Yes...by saying that my friend isn't smart enough to put in a nutsert...and then saying "This isn't rocket science, it's not even particularly difficult and you've been given enough examples, explanations and pictures to teach a spastic low IQ, (even by monkey standards) 3 fingered capuchin with one arm in a sling that's blind in one eye how to do this."

Yeah...you called him a moron...

Just don't be a prick that's all I ask...people come here for help, not to be degraded...again, I'm sorry that I'm not as perfect as you, but don't be a prick.
It's your money, your Jeep, enjoy.
Unread 05-10-2010, 06:51 PM   #246
samger2
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
It's your money, your Jeep, enjoy.
hahaha...you're a trip...I just hope some day I'm as cool and smart as you
Unread 05-10-2010, 08:09 PM   #247
Vandano
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I know i do

Not for nothing, anyone whose a "Mechanic" and cant understand the concept of a nutsert isn't what i would call a trustworthy mechanic.

These "nutsert" thingys aren't exactly new science in the automotive world. Perhaps these nutserts are unique, but the concept of there design and application is not.

Essentially what were all getting as is if he can't do it correctly forget trying to find a different way of doing it. Find someone who can do it correctly.

If after all of the explanations that have been given to you, you two still can't figure it out. Then as far as nutserts go... yes your morons.
Vandano is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2010, 08:42 PM   #248
SpaceWrangler
Gnarly Adventurer

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Location: Where the Girls Dance Different With Familiar Grace
Quote:
I wish I knew half as much about Jeeps as MrBlaine.
Unread 05-10-2010, 08:50 PM   #249
samger2
1997 TJ Wrangler 

It just cracks me up that I come here for help and knowledge...and SOME of you give me just that...and ONLY that...because that's what I want. And the rest give knowledge peppered with sarcasm and degrading comments. Yeah...maybe some of us won't end up HALF as smart as MrBlaine when it comes to Jeeps...but I hope that I never get 25% of his degrading nature.

So...thanks to those who truly helped me...and to those who "helped" and then insulted me and my friends...no matter how smart you are...I can do without your thoughts in the future.
Unread 05-10-2010, 09:43 PM   #250
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
It just cracks me up that I come here for help and knowledge...and SOME of you give me just that...and ONLY that...because that's what I want. And the rest give knowledge peppered with sarcasm and degrading comments. Yeah...maybe some of us won't end up HALF as smart as MrBlaine when it comes to Jeeps...but I hope that I never get 25% of his degrading nature.

So...thanks to those who truly helped me...and to those who "helped" and then insulted me and my friends...no matter how smart you are...I can do without your thoughts in the future.
We have done everything possible short of doing this for you to help you to install them correctly and to UNDERSTAND how and why they function the way they do. After all that including the considerable efforts BDeuce and myself went to on getting this thread going, you still want to weld them in place.

Welding will NOT fix the poor installation. That is NOT how the nutsert works. If the nutsert is NOT set correctly, welding it will NOT make it better.

What you have FAILED to understand is that an incorrectly set nutsert will not hold your skid in place and welding it will NOT fix that. When the skid is bolted up, the barrel will keep setting, the bolt will loosen and fall out.

You have to SET them CORRECTLY or NOT use them and no amount of welding will fix that.

We've been patient, helpful, educational above and beyond and you still want to weld against all sound advice?

If you weren't you, what would you call it?
Unread 05-10-2010, 09:44 PM   #251
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I can do without your thoughts in the future.
I missed this little gem. Welcome to my ignore list.
Unread 05-10-2010, 11:22 PM   #252
lumpster
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:

You have plenty of posts, you have been a member of this site for 5 years, and you still dont know who is who on here? Blaine is a hard person to argue with, he knows his stuff, if he tells someone how to do it consider yourself lucky. He has taken all the guess work out of your problem, and so have several people on here, yet you still argue with them. It sounds to me like you and your mechanic are a bit closer than you should be, like "dont mix business with pleasure". He is there to work on your jeep, the reason he is working on your jeep instead of you is because he knows more, but it isnt looking like he knows enough. That doesnt say to much for you, and the way you take help on this site. Would you like to bring the jeep to me, ill put them in for you, and ill even show your mechanic friend how.

also, the rivet nut was invented in the 1930's, so your mechanic is behind the times. Maybe he is still used to the hand crank cars, or maybe he is good at shoeing horses?

Want to STOP?

JEEP Co-op parts, DELRIN DOOR BUSHINGS, TRE inserts
lumpster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2010, 10:10 AM   #253
samger2
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Guys...the point you're all missing here that I'm making has NOTHING to do with anyone's level of intelligence...I couldn't care less if Mrblaine INVENTED the freaking nutsert...I don't care. I'm here for help...did you give me help? YES...but did you pepper it with insulting comments?? ABSOLUTELY...that's my whole complaint...why is it when someone has more intelligence and experience it can't be relayed in a way that's not demeaning? That's all I'm saying, there were some on here that explained it in a nice friendly way, then there were others who came off very ****y and said that pretty much that if you don't understand something a monkey can do then there's something wrong.

So for you Mrblaine...yes, you're very intelligent...and I understand and respect that...am I somehow "blessed" that you graced me with your intelligence by actually giving me some help on this thread *gasp*...no! Since you ARE so experienced...I would EXPECT help when needed from this board...but I expect it with some respect...that sir...you apparently are NOT experienced in.

So please...put me on your "ignore list"...my feelings are not hurt...but please...act with respect and don't be so damn high and mighty.
Unread 05-11-2010, 10:14 AM   #254
samger2
1997 TJ Wrangler 

And let me add...I don't post every damn thing I do on this forum. I didn't just weld the nutserts in place...I brought the Jeep back here to my work, we collapsed the nutserts correctly inside the frame according to this thread...then...just so I'd feel better we welded them down as well.
Unread 05-11-2010, 01:48 PM   #255
lumpster
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
And let me add...I don't post every damn thing I do on this forum. I didn't just weld the nutserts in place...I brought the Jeep back here to my work, we collapsed the nutserts correctly inside the frame according to this thread...then...just so I'd feel better we welded them down as well.
as long as you feel better about your rivet nuts, BTW did you just improve upon an 80 year old invention? maybe we should all install our rivet nuts correctly and then weld them in, negating the whole purpose for using the handy little nut in the first place.

They were desinged to be installed without a welder, why didnt you just weld a regular nut in the frame? It would have been alot cheaper.

Want to STOP?

JEEP Co-op parts, DELRIN DOOR BUSHINGS, TRE inserts
lumpster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nutsert , nutsert install

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.