Nth Degree Spring Woes - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Nth Degree Spring Woes

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsJK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!

Unread 07-27-2010, 09:54 PM   #1
Sallad
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Nth Degree Spring Woes

Hello, I am doing a spring relocation on my tj. I am using Nth Degree 4.5 coils which have a bigger diameter "tail" than stock springs. So right now the spring moves all over the place due to the bumpstop bucket being smaller than the spring opening. My plan was to take a hockey puck, bore out the center of it then just slide the puck over the bucket so its snug. Kinda like a budget boost.

My other option is to just turn the spring upside down as the tail end on the bottom is about the same size as stock. But the problem I find with this is with the diameter being bigger it will move around on the bottom too. I experienced this the first time I installed the springs and had them this way. Lets just say I had to keep lifting my jeep on the trail to keep em from falling off.

I just dont like the spring being able to move around as much as it does.

I am also sure with this relocation of the spring to being straight up and down will help things as well.

Anyways thanks for reading please let me know what you think.

Sallad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2010, 08:04 AM   #2
Elwood
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I have the shorter AEV springs with AEV's spring relocation brackets and don't really have any problems. The spring just sits there and doesn't really move around. I too was concerned with it moving around on the bottom, but like I said, it doesn't really move around.
Unread 07-28-2010, 07:16 PM   #3
Sallad
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Hey thanks for your reply. Which way do you have them sitting?
Sallad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2010, 07:22 PM   #4
LMoscar45
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Let me know if that hockey puck thing works out. I saw one guy put those screw in retainers upside down (on the upper coil bucket) which obviously wasn't the ideal solution, he later switched to limiting straps.
LMoscar45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2010, 06:42 AM   #5
Elwood
2006 LJ Wrangler 

They are right side up. I have my factory sway bar in the back and have never had any issues. I guess if you have none or maybe even an Anti-rock, it may allow more flex and unseat one??

Like I said, I don't have any problems.

Tags
nth degree , spring , coil , relocating , relocation , puck , advice , help , tj , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.