Nth Degree/AEV Rear shock shifters - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Nth Degree/AEV Rear shock shifters

Steering and more from Ruffstuff!The Ruffstuff 9" Disc Brake brackets!Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!

Unread 08-30-2009, 08:34 PM   #1
sduncan
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Nth Degree/AEV Rear shock shifters

Looking at getting a set of these. Anyone have them? Looking for input about them. Good/bad points? Issues after install? Do they increase/decrease(lengthen/shorten) available shock travel?

I do not want to do the whole "ford towers to the outside of the frame" bit, but would like to gain a little clearance if possible, and also need to increase shock travel a little.

Thanks

'98 TJ, 5.7 HEMI, 545RFE, G2 33 spl. D44, HP D30,ARBs,4.10s, RE 4.5 LA,Savvy 1.25 BL,35in MTRs w/Pro Comp 15x10 alloys, Warn 9.5 cti w/Amsteel rope, Gen Rite G3 Alumium front fenders and rear flares, Premier Power welder 195 amp,Savvy Rockers,Prothane bumps,LED tail lites, Rampage top
Link to my Hemi build thread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/so...rsion-1277803/
YouTube video..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaDRq...&feature=g-upl
sduncan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2009, 08:37 PM   #2
Bishop Creek
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Well, check this thread out. He put AEV shock relocators on:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/up...wesome-796470/
Unread 08-30-2009, 09:01 PM   #3
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

theres a few thread on here regarding these, use the search. Nth/AEV isn't the only game in town. Superlift makes a nice weld on kit, and BTF and MORE have similar DIY spring buckets too.
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2009, 10:13 PM   #4
mudb8
want it rite or rite now?

1999 TJ Wrangler 

the problem with kits other than nth that aren't fully outboard is the mounts are moved up and you loose uptravel.

the shock shifters allow you to use longer shocks on smaller lifts.

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars
DIY highline fenders.... 34-37's under 0"-2.5" lifts
shock length, bumpstop extension, tire size chart click here
DIY shock shifters, more uptravel/better ride

2011 E-350 4x4 Van conversion

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

ASE Certified Master Tech/Fabricator @ jeepwest.com
mudb8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2009, 10:26 PM   #5
sduncan
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

^^^^ is my problem.

Here's the deal. In 2005 I did a Rubicon Express 4.5 longarm. I went with the RE mono tube shocks. Since my install, RE has determined that the shocks that came with the kits then were a tad too long and could bottom out slightly before the bump stops did. They have since started using a shorter shock to eliminate this.

Well, one of mine went bad, I sent it back(lifetime warrenty) and they honored the warranty. For that I appreciate their efforts(as well as one of the vendors here, i.e. Redrock 4x4). But I was told that I need to either adjust my bumpstops(meaning decrease my travel which I really don't want to do), configure my mounts to match the shock length, or buy new, shorter shocks. Since I wanted to change the mounts anyways, I chose this route. If the Nth degree mounts will give me shock travel I need, and move them outboard a little at the same time then thats what I'll do. From the above post, that seems to be the deal....

Thanks fellas,

Any further input/advice would be much appreciated as well.
'98 TJ, 5.7 HEMI, 545RFE, G2 33 spl. D44, HP D30,ARBs,4.10s, RE 4.5 LA,Savvy 1.25 BL,35in MTRs w/Pro Comp 15x10 alloys, Warn 9.5 cti w/Amsteel rope, Gen Rite G3 Alumium front fenders and rear flares, Premier Power welder 195 amp,Savvy Rockers,Prothane bumps,LED tail lites, Rampage top
Link to my Hemi build thread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/so...rsion-1277803/
YouTube video..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaDRq...&feature=g-upl
sduncan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2009, 10:41 PM   #6
mudb8
want it rite or rite now?

1999 TJ Wrangler 

lower relocation alone will gain you upto 1.25".

I also make lower relocation mounts and will send free patterns to DIY'er's... the material needed are about 10 bucks, having the means and ability to weld.

stock mount...

relocated lower..

HighLine Hood Jeepers
TJ Adjustable Track bars
DIY highline fenders.... 34-37's under 0"-2.5" lifts
shock length, bumpstop extension, tire size chart click here
DIY shock shifters, more uptravel/better ride

2011 E-350 4x4 Van conversion

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

ASE Certified Master Tech/Fabricator @ jeepwest.com
mudb8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.