Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Vote for Your November 2010 TJoTM

NOVEMBER TJ of THE MONTH CONTEST!!! VOTE NOW!! THE CONTEST HAS STARTED!!

13K views 127 replies 36 participants last post by  spyder6 
#1 ·
For those that need a recap of the rules: TJoTM Rules and Regulations

Submissions this month were slow but we ended up with another great lineup. Dont forget that next month will be cut short for TJ of the Year so help next months contest be another good one as well.

Without further ado, here is the November 2010 TJ of the Month Contest:

#2 ·
UTWeezul

Name: Jordan Reaves
Username: UTWeezul
Mods: 3" BDS suspension, RE Superflex control arms, 1" BL, 8.8 with Detroit and 4.56 gears, Dana 30 with Aussie and 4.56 gears, tons of skids, 35" BFG KM2s.
Story: Bought this Jeep in 2002 as a bone stock Sahara. Lifted it a couple of years later and threw on some 33s and thought it was awesome. Locked the front and regeared when I found a Super 35 kit with Detroit on the cheap. Upgraded to 35" tires when the 33s wore out and put on the tube fenders. Ran that setup for quite a few years until the gear in the Dana 35 blew up. Found an 8.8 and tossed it under the Jeep and sold the super 35 to recoup some of the money in the 8.8. Been running it that way since. I plan to get some stronger shafts for the front axle and do the super 88 kit and throw a winch on it. Also going to add a pair of Corbeau JP seats in the near future!
Pictures:

remery829

Name: Ryan Emery

Username: remery829

Mods (optional):
05 LJ Rubicon
RE super flex 4.5" kit
JKS 1.25" BL
JKS 1" mml
5.13s
chromo shafts front and rear
stock rubi lockers
rancho rs9000xl shocks
smittybilt xrc front bumper
chicago electric winch with in-cab switches
warn rear bumper with custom tire carrier made from A to Z fab builder kit
lined tub
35 12.50 km2 on american racing cheapo 15s
durango 185 amp alternator
sears diehard platinum battery
KC daylighters on KC hi-lites windshield mounts
currie anti-rock front swaybar, have the rear, just haven't got around to burning it in
JKS rear track bar
cobra cb
firestik 4' antenna
GEAR front seat covers
kydex holster for glock 20 mounted to right side of tranny hump
MCE flattie fenders
2" round LED front turn signals
ton of recovery gear

think that's about it for now

Pictures:

jeepinmichguy

Name: April P. (Wife's)
Username: jeepinmichguy
Jeep specs and Mods:
2006 Jeep Wrangler X
4.0L
NSG 370 6 Speed
NP 231 with Procomp SYE and DDS CV rear Drive Shaft
Dana 30 with Superior 4.56's, Solid diff cover. Superior Outer Axle Seals, and an Aussie Locker
Ford 8.8 with Nitro 4.56's, Solid diff cover and Factory LSD
3 inch rustys front springs, 2 Inch Budget Boost rear with Currie adjustable rear UCA's
JKS 1.25 inch Body Lift
JKS 1 inch Motor Mount Lift
Superlift Softrides
JKS Quicker Disconnects
33 12.50 15 Goodyear Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar
15x8 Streetlocks
Rugged Ridge Front Bumper
Smittybilt Rear Swingout
LOD Rockers
Fabtech Rear Corners
Skidrow Steering Skid
Rokmen Tummy Tuck
Superwinch LP 8500 with Promark Raised Winch Plate
Rubicon Express Hand Throttle
Rubicon Express Bumpstop Extensions
Optima 34/78 Red Top
Xenon Flat Flares
Uniden 510XL Pro with 4 ft Firestick
Datstar Dash Panel
Fire Extinguisher
Hella 500's
100W KC Daylighters and Windshield Brackets
Quadratec Floor Mats
Husky Rear Liner
Wet Okole Seat Covers
Rock Nob
Rough Country 1 inch Seat Risers
Tuffy Glove Box
Tuffy Underseat Security Drawer
GPS
K&N Air Filter
MV-50 OBA
Hilift
ARB Snatch Strap
Story: This is my wifes jeep! We got her bone stock about 1.5 years ago and it has slowly been a work in progress. Next steps in the build are going to be Currie adjustable control arms all the way around, Currie steering, and a Rokmen oil pan/engine skid. This has been a fun project that we both enjoy.

cgmrdc

Name: Cory Marchant
Username: cgmrdc

Mods (optional):
98 TJ 4.0/ax-15/231 w/ Teraflex SS sye and 2lo
Axles: HP30 with 4.10s and Aussie, Ford 8.8 w/ 4.10s and LSD
Suspension: RC 2.5 coils, RE adjustable superflex control arms, RE discos, WJ steering and brakes, JKS 1.25 BL, MORE 1" BL, outboarded rear shocks, relocated front shocks, 12" of travel front and rear
Armor: Custom Hi-line fenders front and rear, Custom mini-boat side sliders, Custom belly up skid, Custom high clearance rear bumper and Custom oil pan skid
Tires: 36" TSL SXs on 15x10 Soft 8s with OffroadOverstock DIY beadlocks (some pics show my old 33" LTBs),
Other mods: CJ tailgate, CIA routed through the cowl, Flowmaster 40, Bestop Safari/ Wraparound wind jammer/ duster, push button start, CB.

Story (optional): First Jeep was an 89 XJ, went through 2 motors and needed something more reliable for school. Bought this in June 2008 basically stock, been slowly modding ever since. I've wheeled her in MO, KS, OK, CO, and UT. The trip to Colorado and Moab was the highlight of my jeep life time and can't wait to go back. My other passion is fabrication and when not in class I'm at work at a local fab shop. I love building and am lucky to have the time and tools to build as much as can. All armor, body work and paint was done in my garage by me. Soon I plan to add a custom fastback style cage and build a two-piece half cab hard top and 3 link the front and 4 link the rear. Front bumer with integrated suck down winch are in the planning stages as well. A lot of my ideas have come from JF and this site has saved me so much money (which is important for a college kid) and headaches over the two years I've owned her. Thanks so much for your consideration!

Pictures:

jforse

ame: J Forsell
Username: jforse
Mods (optional):

2000 TJ Sport

Drivetrain:

4.0litre- Spectre intake, AmsOil, Motor Mount Lift

NV3550-Luk clutch

231 t-case- 6gear planetary, wide chain, Advance Adapters SYE

Tom Woods front and rear drive shafts

Dana 30- RCV shafts, True Trac, Yukon 4.88 gears, centric rotors, EBC yellowstuff pads

Dana 35- Superior Super 35 30 spline kit with c-clip eliminator and Detroit locker, Yukon 4.88 gears

Suspension & misc:

Rock Krawler short arms
Rough Country 2.5" springs and shocks
Rock Krawler front trac bar
Currie rear trac bar
Currie Antirock
Currie Curectlync steering
Durango Steering box
UCF 1" deep .250" Aluminum belly pan with LOPRO mount

Body:

SniperFab front tube fenders
PSC rear tube fenders
Savvy rockers
Savvy corner armor
Savvy tailgate skin
Savvy trampstamp
Savvy Gas Tank Skid
ORO liteDots
Front 4" LED turn signals
Trail Gear front and rear bumpers
48" Hi-Lift
Raptor sprayed tub
painted center dash
TMA 5.25" dash speakers
LED interior lighting
Smittybuilt replacement top

Wheels and tires:

15x8 KMC Enduro Beadlocks
35x12.50r15 Goodyear Wrangler MTR kevlars
dynabeads for balancing

Story (optional): I purchased my TJ in May of 2009 after being without a Jeep for 5 months. It has been a slow project over the last year, but it is progressing nicely. My future plans include a Mopar V-8 swap with auto trans and some bigger axles.
Pictures:

#3 ·
lancetkenyon

Name: Lance T Kenyon, Peoria, AZ
Username: lancetkenyon
Mods: 01 TJ

Engine: 4.0 w 62mm throttle body and spacer, CAI.

Transmission: Stock NV3550.

Transfer case: Swapped in Rubi NV241OR.

Drive shafts: F/R Phx Rack and Axle CV driveshafts.

Suspension: Rock Krawler custom long arm stretch system to 111" WB(10" rear stretch, 7.5" front stretch), 3 link front w custom Lost Offroad Fab track bar, 4 link rear.

Springs/shocks: FOA 16" coilovers front, Procomp 3" coils rear with Procomp 3000s(5" of suspension lift over stock, 1" body lift).

Rear axle: Jeep J20 LP D60 rear w 35 spline Teraflex 4140H chromos, Yukon full spool, Yukon 5.86 R&P, Alloy USA cover, RK cradle, Genright LCA mounts, Teraflex disc brakes.

Front axle: 01 Dodge LP D60 front w RCV shafts(35 spline 4140H chromo 1 pc inners, 33 spline 300M outers), PSC dbl ram full hydro steering, Lost Offroad Fab full trussing, Spartan locker, Yukon 5.86 R&P, stock Dodge disc brakes, Riddler diff cover.

Rims/tires: 17x8.5 Walker Evans beadlocks with 39-13.50-17 BFG Red Label Krawlers.

Other mods: Full custom cage, Warn sliders, BS Sand suspension seats, Crow 5 point harnesses, Warn XD9000i winch and Warn winch plate, KC 150w Daylighter headlights, rock lights, killer trail tunes, custom sheet metal work by AZ rocks.

Story: I bought this Jeep new off the showroom floor in 2001 as a daily driver for my wife. After 3 years of occasional hunting out of it, I went on my first real trail run and was hooked. It has taken 6+ years to bring my rig to its current state. I thank my loving wife and 2 daughters for putting up with the late hours and tons of money put into my big weekend toy.
Pictures:

Hendrix

Name: John Hendrix
Username: Hendrix

1997 Jeep Wrangler Sport TJ (104 inch WB)
4.0 L 32rh 3 Speed Auto Deep pan Currie SYE and DS
Axles:
JK Rubicon Rear D44, UCF diff cover, TNT truss
JK Rubicon HP D44 Riddler Diff cover, TNT truss and custom Sleeves
37/12.50/17 BFG Krawlers
17X9.5 Racelines
Modifications:
ROKMEN dual JJ control arms uppers and lowers
2.5 RC springs
stock rear springs
Currie Antirock
Currie Bump stops
JKS MML
RCI Fuel Cell w/ Jimmys 4x4 cell Mount
ROKMEN Steering box Skid
Undercover Fabworks Ultra High Clearance Skid
Custom 1 Ton HD steering and track bars ¾ inch Spidertrax Heims and 1.5 inch thick wall DOM
Northridge4x4 Stainless steel brake lines Front and rear
Undercover Fabworks Engine Skid 97-02 Prototype
ROKMEN HiLine fenders with custom trimmed hood
ROKMEN Mercenary Rocker armor w/tubes
SAVVY OFFROAD Corner armor COMP cut ,Tail gate skin, and Valance
ROKMEN hood pins
Mile Marker winch (temporarily out of order)
ROKMEN Front L-TJ winch bumper
ROKMEN rear cross member bumper
12 inch travel Bilstiens
Jeep is stretched to LJ unlimited WB.
Plans in the works
AW4 W/deep pan, shift kit, Hydro assist, Beef up the JK axles more, and a Cage

Story: I have done all the work by myself. I started out in February of 2010 with just a simple LCOG build. Highline fenders, 2.5 in lift, Tummy Tuck, and 35 in MTRs. I completed the build in May. I was hit by a driver on a cell phone on June 1st, resulting in a flop on my passenger side. After a few weeks of fighting with the INS Company I was paid for the damages to my Jeep, funding some of the second part of my build. I sold off some of my like new parts also. Recoil sent me a link for a set of new JK Rubicon axles for a good deal. I ordered a pair of TNT trusses and some other Rokmen goodies. I spent 2 months with 100 plus temps stretching my frame, cleaning and welding the TNT trusses on the new JK axles. I also built from scratch 1 ton steering with spider trax hiems. I finished the Jeep a week before my second trip to Badlands, with some of my JF brothers and IndyORV guys. I am very happy with my Jeep. I drive it everyday to work 60 miles round trip. I get a ton of looks and thumbs up.

My build thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/craigslist-jeep-tj-build-979720/

DezertTJ

DezertTJ

Name: Craig Anderson

(2003 Rubicon)

Build:
* 4" pro Comp Stage 2 SA lift
* 35x12.50 Cooper STT
* 15x10 Aluminum AWC rockcrusher wheels
* Currie HD Steering System
* OME Steering Stabalizer
* JKS Adj Rear end links
* 4.10 gears
* Rubicon E-lockers
* Warn bumper front and rear w/ Tire carrier
* Golden Eagle CB antenna w/ Cobra 19dx CB/PA system
* 2 KC 100watt daylighters w/ KC windshield brackets
* JKS Racing shock adapter
* JKS Racing Shock front Bar Pin Eliminator
* 2.0x10" Fox smoothbody reservoir shocks with 2 Bilstein 5100 long travel shocks in the rear
* Flowmaster 40 exhaust and tubing
* Cut Fenders front and rear
* C.R.E.S Net top
* Bestop Bikini Top
* Rubicon Sliders
* Kilby Steering Box Skid

Story:
This is my very first Jeep. I love everything about it. For a broke college student, most everything on this rubi has been invilved in a trade for an upgrade (for example: 33's trade for 35's). I'm always thinking of how to make it look the best, for the cheapest, and most fuctional way possible. It has just started, but the rubi's life has a long path ahead of it and isn't even close to being finished yet. -Craig

Pictures:

Hoovail

Name:
Christopher Hoover

Username:
Hoovail

Mods:
Highline fenders
100" wheelbase
37" KM2's,
Front, Dana 60/44 hybrid, Rear 60
ARB's
5:13's
etc...

Story:
I recently finished my 2001 TJ's build. This is the first Jeep I've owned. Over the past 3 years, I've learned a ton about Jeeps, and developed some new skills. After wheeling it hard in its stock form, I desired more. I wanted a daily driver that killed it on the rocks. I knew this would take a ton of research, and a ton of work. I searched and searched, and finally, after a few years, I found some axles that I thought would be a great swap. The front, a 60/44 hybrid, the rear, a 60. These axles inspired the complete build. I just needed a place to do the build. I had recently picked up a welder, and freshened up some old skills. As it turns out, I had a friend of a friend who had a garage. He was going to be out of town for 3 weeks, and if I could get it done in that amount of time, the garage was all mine. After building the Jeep in the parking lot of my condo complex. I figured this garage was a great opportunity! I quickly dove in head first. I'm extremely happy with the latest modifications. It was a ton of work and a ton of fun...of course it is never done!

Pictures:

Blackwidow TJ

Name: Steve Hogan

Username: Blackwidow TJ

Mods:

2004 Rubicon
5.13 gears
Chromoly USA alloys front shafts
Superior chromoly rears
RE long arms
Homebrew highline with Poison Spyder tube fenders
Homemade rock sliders
Home made snorkle
Home made radiator skid
Over the knuckle 1.5x .250 wall dom steering W/ Chevy Rod Ends
Fishmouth Fabworks Grille Hoop
Ruff stuff diff covers
36x12.5x15 TSL XS's
CJ7 Front Signals and Tailgate
Full Poison Spyder Cage
Bilstein Shocks
"H8 YOTAS" License Plates

Story:

Bought it brand new in 2004, rolled it before the first payment, haven't looked back since, It's a daily driver built for wheeling.....the best has yet to come.
Build thread can be seen here http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/my-rubicon-build-begining-1055667/ One tons and LJ links getting ready to go in!

Pics

Image uploading. Refresh page to view

Image uploading. Refresh page to view

#12 ·
Hendrix ftmfw! He deserves it!

#17 ·
I have to say Lance and Hendrix are my 2 favorites of the bunch... since Lance is behind a bit right now I voted for him to keep it a close race hopefully:)

#23 ·
Eugene, 3 people from Indy have voted. It's not like all 130 members of IndyORV got on here and voted. lol Hell, only like 15 of us are members of JF.

#25 ·
Im just messin with yall. I know Hendrix has a beautiful rig and he is well deserving of any votes he gets, even if it is yalls.:rofl:

Seriously though, good luck to everyone in the top 10. There are some great rigs in this lineup.

#28 ·
Hendrix got mine.

Nice clean build with alot of attention to details. Nice Jeep!

Good luck to everyone though!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.