November TJ of The Month... CONTEST HAS STARTED VOTE NOW!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > November TJ of The Month... CONTEST HAS STARTED VOTE NOW!!

Flowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country small builder parts in stock!! Awesome price

View Poll Results: November TJoTM
Gecko5 104 29.38%
redLyner 40 11.30%
LSU_TJ 47 13.28%
LGriffith 8 2.26%
Kenbo-Slice 9 2.54%
Sarajanerocks 15 4.24%
Unlimited04 8 2.26%
Jim Shanks 43 12.15%
Jeepdoo 12 3.39%
notURmailman 11 3.11%
newracer 57 16.10%
Voters: 354. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 11-19-2009, 09:21 PM   #1
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

November TJ of The Month... CONTEST HAS STARTED VOTE NOW!!

Welcome all to the November TJ of The Month contest.

For those that need a recap of the rules: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/tj...ations-890645/

This month has been fun! its been slower paced than the other months and we have a great selection of Jeeps going forward. this has been the first month so far where there (So far) hasnt been any complications or screw ups. i think everyone is starting to get the hang of the submission guidelines and things are going a lot smoother. im still sorry to those who did not submit this month because they're tired of not being picked for the top 10. i dont want to say that our judges are biased, because ive tried to pick the most unbiased group of people from the forum that know what they're talking about to some extent

realistically though, it doesn't matter as we have a great thing going. i just hope that you guys continue to keep putting your Jeeps in! December might be the charm.

We're 1 month away from TJ of The Year everyone! remember that the December contest will be shortened to allow enough time for TJoTY and the Calendar to be made. those of you who wish to contribute to to the TJoTY membership winners please contact me and i'll make note of your generosity!

Good luck to all those who made top 10, and let the games begin!

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2009, 09:23 PM   #2
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

Gecko5

Name: Tim Brennan
Username:gecko5
Mods (optional):

• Complete Frame off restoration.* Frame / all connected parts sandblasted and sealed with POR15, body completely rust free/painted OD Green.* All parts sandblasted/cleaned and repainted.* Most bolts replace with gr8's / Stainless steels
• Engine completely torn down, all gaskets replaced, every single part was degreased and painted/cleaned up.
• 2000 TJ Sahara interior.* All interior panels sanded and painted OD Green and matte black
• 4.5" RE Superflex lift
• Quick disconnects
• D30/D5 with 4.10's and a locker in the rear
• 35"X12.5" Mickey Thompson Baja's / Procomp wheels with Beadlocks
• 1" Energy body lift
• All bushings replaced with Energy bushings (Sway bar, track bar, coil isolators,etc...)
• Poison Spyder Rear Corner guards, Front Flat Fenders, Ricochet Side Rails
• Genright Rear Tube Flares, Full LED light replacements (Front and rear), Relocated LED Licence plate bracket/light, Hood Louvers
• Warn Gas Tank Skid Plate, Warn Power Steering Skid plate
• AA SYE with Tom Woods Driveshaft
• 10000 lb Titan winch
• Novac TC Shift Kit
• Stainless Steel exhaust
• Custom Built front shorty bumper with integrated hitch
• Custom Built rear bumper with hitch and tire carrier

Story (optional):

This was to be my Offroad revival so to speak.* Having owned a highly modified Toyota short box and then an 88 YJ as a youngin', i wanted to get back into "It" once the funds started to accumulate. I was able to acquire this '97 TJ in November 2008 with a goal to trail ride the final product by summer.* Many a many night and weekends were spent in the shop, transforming an otherwise bone stock teal TJ into what i have now.* Coming this winter will be the axles, which* are being built and will be:

Ford 8.8 / Disc brakes / 5.13 Yukon gears / Yukon Mini Spool / MORE 4 link kit

Waggy 44 (early 80's) / Yukon 5.13 gears / ARB / Yukon 4340 shafts / Yukon Super joints / TNT truss / Warn Premiums / Chev flattops / SKY Manufacturing Hi Steer Arms /
1 ton TRE steering with DOM

Pictures:

For a complete album of the build:
Picasa Web Albums - offroadin

Take Care,
Tim

RedLyner

It's still the 18th! Please allow my submissions!!! New pictures for this month!!
Name: Jay Callaway
Username: REDLYNER
Mods:
Alloy Rubi 44's
ARB Lockers*Front & Rear
4.88's
37"x13.5" Pitbull Rockers
RE 3.5" Lift
TNT Front Tube Fenders
XRC Rear Tube Fenders
Poison Spyder Stinger
Poison Spyder Roll Cage
Gen-Right Rear Stinger (just installed)
Warn M8000 Winch
On Board Air

Story:
Rock Crawling Waxer. I usually hit 25+ trail runs a year and spend as much time cleaning it as I do wheeling it. This TJ has been rock crawling all over Moab, Colorado, North Carolina, with '09 trips planned to Tennessee, South Carolina, and Kentucky! I take pride in*trying*the hardest lines knowing it will cause damage, then coming home, stripping it down and making it look new again.
Low center of gravity crawling is what this rig was built for. Every mod was strategically added to increase off-road capability while maintaining good street-ability.
Pictures:

LSU_TJ

Thanks for considering me.
Name: Dean*

Username:* LSU_TJ

Mods:
****** 97 TJ Tub on 03 TJ Rubicon Chassis
****** 4.6L Stroker
****** 5 speed w/Shifter Throttle
****** 4:1 TC w/2WD-Lo Conversion
****** DANA 44's w/Front Rubicon and Rear ARB Air Lockers
****** Yukon 4.10 Gears
****** Alloy USA Chromoly Axle Shafts
****** Tom Woods CV Driveshaft
****** Front Rubicon Express Extreme Duty Adj. Track Bar
****** Rusty's Offroad HD Tie Rod w/dual Heim Joints
****** F&R JKS Quick Disco Sways
****** 4" Superlift Suspension Lift
****** Rancho RS9000XL Pro Series Remote Reservoir Shocks w/In Cab Air Adjustable System
****** Rancho RS9000XL Steering Stabilizer
****** Full Prothane Bushings
****** 35x12.5x15 Mickey Thompson Baja Claws
****** 10" Mickey Thompson Classic Beadlock Wheels
****** Skid Row Underbody Skids
****** Skid Row Gas Tank Skid
****** Poison Spyder Rocker Knockers
****** Custom Front Stinger Bumper
****** Warn XD9000i
****** CO2 On Board Air
****** Mastercraft Rubicon Dirt Sport Seats w/5pt Harness
****** Factory Flat Fender/Flare Mod
****** Vision-X Tantrum LED Underbody Nav Lights
****** And a CB.

Story:
I am just returning to the jeep world after a 10+ year hiatus with 4wd atv's. After selling them I was on my way to purchasing another motorcycle since I had not had one since getting into atv’s and was really missing it.* Right before pulling the trigger on a bike I had picked out I thought long and hard and realized that while I would love to be back on a bike I could not enjoy this experience with my 8 year old daughter.* I wanted to share this with her, teaching her mechanical skills as well as a love and respect for the outdoors and seeing all the places only a 4wd can take you.** I grew up as a kid wrenching on FJ40's and we had several of them in the family and still do. While I will always love the FJ40's I decided to try the Jeep brand for the first time this go round and am very happy I did. I have rented them several times on vacations and always loved driving them. So my search began. 

I always loved the aftermarket following with the Jeep brand and the enormous amount of products available for them so I set out to find my ride.* To me, the TJ model offered everything I was looking for in a trail rig, creature comforts and an extremely capable platform.* After months of looking I finally worked a deal on my Lil' Mule. It seemed like a pretty solid build and culmination of products that would set me in the direction I wanted to head with little waste in things I would not have done.* I always try to look at everything I do and determine if there is something I would do different or if I think there is a better way to engineer it.* I have never been able to leave anything I have owned alone so the build began.* All work, fabrication, welding, painting and design on this build is done by me or with help from a friend.* I have always been the type that if I did not know how to do something, I learned.
My goal is to build a modest trail rig that will look good and is capable of handling some tough terrain yet still be able to drive around town enjoying the beautiful days we tend to get year round in the south or put it on the highway and go for a weekend drive.* I have always wanted to wheel in Moab and hope to have the build far enough along to head out there this spring.
If you would like more details on what I have done you can find them on my build thread LSU_TJ Jeep Build
Thanks again for considering me.

Pictures:

LGriffith

Name: Logan Griffith
JF: LGriffith*
Mods:
- 2.5" Old Man Emu, with all 8 Rubicon Express short arms, .75" in the front.
- 1" body lift/motor mount lift.
- 33/12.5/15 MTZ's on Cragar steelies (no wheeling pictures with the new 33's yet though).
- 4WD rear bumper/tire carrier, Rokmen belly up, engine, and seering*skids, Rock Hard sliders, Riddler D30.
- KC lights on windsheild brackets, Flowmaster 50, Rubicon flares, JKS discos, Cobra CB.
Future Mods:
- TW rear shaft and AA SYE
- Currie w/ tie rod flip
- Novak shifter
- Complete my suspension
- More skids
- Front Tubes
- 4.88's, front locker
Story:
I'm 17 and this is my first car/jeep and daily driver. Got it with 9500k on it and plan to have it for a very, very long time. Came slightly modded (2.5" lift, 32's, rear bumper, bushwackers...), but has changed greatly over the*past year. All the mods have been done myself with help from my brother (mg2000xj) and our friend Brian; on a 17 year old, high schooler's budget. I wheel at Rausch Creek OHV park in PA, and am part of the Baltimore 4 Wheelers. I take as good care of*my jeep as*possible, but wheel it pretty hard at the same time. My entire build is based on my plan to build a fully capable jeep, while still keeping it looking good, and street legal*as well. Every mod i've done has function, looks, and it being my DD in mind, and is built specifically to my needs.

Unread 11-19-2009, 09:23 PM   #3
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

Kenbo-Slice

Ken Deichler
Kenbo-Slice
**** Mods:
Drivetrain- Currie SYE/shaft, Superior S35 w/Detroit locker and*4.56 Yukon R&P, front Detroit****** true-trac w/4.56 Yukons, EBC yellowstuff brakes+rotors, Edge Trail Jammer, JBA catback, home brew hand throttle and a*home brew short shifter.
Suspension/steering- Currie HD steering, Rough country/Rock Krawler short arm 4" lift
Body/appearance- Chopped stock front fenders, no flares in the rear, JCR front bumper, home made rear bumper/spare tire carrier, Lite Dot tail lights, home made license plate bracket w/ incorporated plate light+3rd brake light, headlights with LED running lights and blinkers built in, KC rally 800 lights*and 20% tint all around including 4" at the top of the windshield*(new as of*3 days*ago)
Odds + ends- Herculined tub, milemarker 9000lb winch,*lots of scratches+dents, ipod dock stereo deck,*4500psi SCBA tank for*tire fills (free fills at the firehouse), C.B. radio for the trails, LED everything for interior lighting, Rock Knob for the home made short shifter (a gift for my Jeep from my girlfriend, but its comfy!) Lastly, I DD it and somehow manage to get 280 miles (290 once) on a tank of gas. Oh.... not to mention its kind
of purple, haha!
Future- Full cage, stroker, highlined, heavy axles,*Clayton long arm rear, 2" lower on 38.5's
**** My first vehicle was a 1994 XJ. I always looked at Wranglers and told myself I would have one.*I purchased this 1998 Jeep TJ*in December 2007. I got a good deal on it, and the fact that it only had 49,000 miles when I got it was just the icing on the cake. I drove it for a few months the way it was, (but that didn't last long). The Jeep*had a 4" lift, 33" off brand*tires and stock everything. I started building it up as time and money permitted, and making whatever I could for it. It currently has*just*over*70,000 miles on the ticker,*so it has plenty of life left. I have big plans for my humble Jeep, but being that I am 20 years old, and I'm not loaded it is going to take some time. I am trying to build it in a way that anyone else could, especially being that times are tough for many, I like to do whatever I can with stock components (i.e. chopping stock fenders) to keep costs down. I drive it every day, and have put about 20,000 miles on the clock*so far. I wheel it every chance I get and drive it to work all week long. My favorite thing about the Jeep is the looks that it gets sitting at stoplights, and the compliments I get driving it around. I beat the heck out of it whenever I can, but then I go home to*throw a coat of wax on it and cruise at 75 mph down the highway. At some point It will probably be built a little too much to drive every day, but thats okay.... I plan on keeping*my Jeep around for years to come. If you got through reading all of this, well thank you! Hopefully my Jeep will be hanging on your wall soon!***** *- Ken D.

SaraJaneRocks

Name: Sara Jane Weidner
Username: sarajanerocks
Mods: 3.5" RE Lift W/ Poly Performance short arms & Currie JJ
joints, 35" BFG MT Tires, Atlas II 4.3/1 W/cable shifter, RubiCrawler, RCV
CV Shafts in Front Axle, Warn Winch XD9000I, Polyperformance front winch
Bumper, Kilby Gas Tank Skid, Nth Tummy Tuck
Story: After driving the boyfriend's YJ for a while; I had to get a
Jeep of my own. Four years ago I went out and bought a stock used
Wrangler Rubicon. It has since had many modifications, but it still is
my daily driver. It gets plenty of action on the weekend; locally we
go to the Pismo dunes and to La Panza OHV area. It has been to Fordyce
(my favorite) and everywhere else I tell it to go. I have driven it to
and from every trail it has every been on; it has never seen a trailer
except for when the motor blew up in Barstow!
Pictures:

Unread 11-19-2009, 09:23 PM   #4
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

Unlimited04

Name: Mike
Username: Unlimited04
2004 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited with:
31" BFG ATs, 3.73s, 4.0L/42RLE/NV231J
63mm Ebay throttle body and Wix paper filter in stock box
JeepMedic engine skid & tummy tuck
Riddler diff covers front and rear
Kilby Steering box skid, Gas tank skid & Body Clamz
Skid Row radiator skid
JKS 1.25" BL, Currie 1" MML
EBC pads & Centric Premium rotors
Springs: OME 2.5" - 933 front, 949 rear
Daystar 0.75" spacers in front
Shocks: OME N66 & N67
JKS adjustable front and rear track bars
JKS front sway bar disconnects
Skyjacker steering stabilizer
Bumpstops: Homemade 23mm front and 20mm OME rear
Homemade 6061-T611 aluminum t-case drop
Poison Spyder Customs Trail Cage with custom additions
'knoblockbumpers' front and rear bumpers w/ homemade tire carrier
Homemade GPS mount, CB mount, antenna mount & third brake light
Rokmen sliders with internal reinforcements
Zone Off-Road front cam bolts
ZJ V8*tie rod
Homemade JKS disco*storage cams
In progress: homemade 42RLE trans temp setup
Next Mods: NV241J, Rokmen control arms, lockers, HP D30, 4.88s & 33s, off-road trailer.

Picture 1:

Picture 2:

Picture 3:

Jim Shanks
Name: Jim Shanks
Username: Jim Shanks

1998 Jeep TJ Sport, 4.0L, 5-sp
Dana 44 rear/Dana 30 front
4.56 Dana gears w/ ARB front and Detroit Soft Locker rear
33” BFG KMs on 15x8” Cragar soft 8's with weld on beadlocks
Those Guys Rod and Customs front tube fenders
Poison Spyder Customs rear crusher corners
Poison Spyder Customs rocker knocker guards
TeraFlex steering skid
TeraFlex adjustable front and rear trackbars
Pure Jeep gas tank skid
3.5" Rubicon Express superflex 3.5" short arm kit
Daystar 1” Body lift
Currie Anti-Rock off road swaybar
Big Daddy Offroad front heavy duty tie-rod
Dan Anderson Mfg. front and rear heavy duty bumpers with tire carrier
Rokmen winch plate
Superwinch EPi9.0 winch, 125' steel cable
Edge Auto seat covers front and rear
Bestop replace-a-top sailcloth with tint
Rubicon Express hand throttle

Story:
Originally bought the Jeep in 2000 from a dealer on trade. Drove it for a year or so before finding our local offroad club. *Most of the rig has been purchased second hand from others in the club and I feel that it has turned out pretty well. *I am now president of the club that got me hooked on the hobby. *The Jeep totally impresses me with how it performs out on the trails, I have beat it within an inch of it's life sometimes and it continues to amaze me just how strong these vehicles are. *It has been through Pritchett Canyon at Moab, Evans Creek trails in Washington, as well as some of the trails at Naches, Washington just this past September. *Prior to that I have wheeled it at Southern Missouri Offroad Ranch, Make It Or Break It near Knoxville, Iowa, and our own stomping grounds near Oskaloosa, Iowa. *It is a very addictive hobby and I have enjoyed each and every minute of it.

Pictures:

JeepDoo
Jeepdoo

2002 Tj Apex Edition**4.0L

I*got home from high school one day in the spring of 2006. My dad greeted me at the door with a big smile on his face, he told me to go into the garage. I opened the door and my Grandpa’s silver Jeep was sitting there. I was like “Is Grandpa here?” and my dad said, nope, that’s not his Jeep anymore. I was in shock for a couple of weeks, I kinda figured my dad would buy me my first car like his dad did for him. But I didn’t know it would be as nice as a Wrangler. And since it came from the family it was even more special to me right from the beginning. My grandpa left**a little magazine in the center console for me, it was a*4 Wheel Drive Hardware catalog. I spent the next few months looking through it until I had nearly every part memorized. At that point I didn’t even have my license yet, so I just drove it around practicing shifting with my dad in there with me. But the week I got my license I drove it up to our cabin by myself for the very first time. The minute I pulled out of the driveway my favoriteNeil Young*song came on the radio. I had never heard that song, and haven’t on the radio since. It's like it was meant to be, and a moment I will remember for the rest of my life. That day I realized that it was more than just a vehicle, it’s a lifestyle.

That was part one of my Jeeping life, It lasted about a month into my senior year. Part two started the very first time I took it offroading. My buddy from school, Jeepzap on JF, went with me down to*Hollister OHV park. We drove along the trails for awhile to this quarry in the back of the park. There was this ominous looking hill that went straight up with boulders and some off camber spots. I figured what the heck, I’ll give it a try. I put it into 4 low, and crawled my way to the top like it was nothing. That was the beginning of my love for offroading, and respect for Jeep vehicles and their capabilities. It also started my second stage of upgrades. The only thing my Grandpa had done to the Jeep was put 2.5” OME springs, and SJ hydro shocks. Before that offroad trip I was concerned with visual stuff: light guards, front bumper, stickers, the usual immature high school kid mods. But after that hill I bought some 33” Bfg mts,*pro comp wheels, a winch, and a rear tire carrier bumper.**Those tires and winch gave me a little more courage and I started experimenting with more difficult trails and improving my driving techniques. Had that stuff for about a year until college started in the Fall of 08. I got a really long Christmas break and I worked the whole time. That along with summer work money and a ton of graduation money from parents and family was enough to start my third stage of upgrades. This consisted of 35” KM2s, a used rear dana 44, SYE/CV, 4.56 gears, and a JF classifieds RE 4.5” lift with assorted used*control arms.
The Jeep has stayed like that for about a year now, performance wise. But this summer I discovered a whole new part of the Jeep to work on. This is upgrade stage 3.5. Started out with an Alpine iPod deck, then went onto new speakers, and then onto subwoofers. I actually have a passion for audio upgrades now, music is a huge part of my life and I love having a bad*** stereo in the Jeep to listen to it with. I have hit a point now where i really have everything i need. Im just concentrating on using the stuff i have, and getting good at it.
That’s the story of my Jeep. Obviously there’s a lot missing but you got the important parts.*

If anybody was wondering, Jeepdoo started when my dad and I were pulling our SeaDoos behind the Jeep a couple years ago. I was like, “hey it’s a JeepDoo!” and the name stuck.

Here’s the list of stuff currently on the Jeep. All installed by me, with the exception of the re-gear.
35x12.50x15 BFG KM2
15x8 Pro Comp 8179
4.5” RE coils
Leveling spacers on front coils
Doetsch Tech DT3000 shocks
JKS 1.25” body lift
JKS 1” motor mount lift
Skyjacker lower control arms
RC upper adjustable control arms
RC front adjustable track bar
Rugged Ridge Heavy Duty Crossover Steering
Detroit Truetrac*in front Dana 30
Detroit Locker in rear Dana44
4.56 Gears
SYE and RE 15.5” CV shaft
K&N intake (grandpa did this, haven’t gotten rid of it yet, unfortunately)
Flowmaster Exhaust (grandpa too)
Rampage Front and Rear tire carrier Bumpers
Rampage*fog lights*in*front bumper
****tybilt XRC8 winch
AtoZ Fab winch plate
Big Daddy Offroad aluminum rocker guards
****tybilt 6” pocket style*fender flares
Rugged Ridge taillight guards
IPF H4 headlight housings
Luminitrix Halogen H4 bulbs (don’t by these, they are crap)
Chrome tailpipe (gave me 10 hp, no joke)
A bunch of cans of McGuire’s Wax
H2 Recovery Vehicle stickers
Custom NOR CAL OFFROAD decal on windshield
AUDIO STUFF
Alpine IDA-X303*iPod*deck
Alpine 6.5” S-Type speakers in roll bar
Alpine 5.25” S-Type speakers in dash
Ebay*5.25” dash speaker brackets
Orion Cobalt CO6004, 4 channel 600W amplifier running the speakers
2 MB Quart DWI 252 10” subwoofers
Custom angled sub-box mounted to tailgate behind rear seat (yes it swings open, BAD***)
Hitron HA-600.2, 2 channel 600W amplifier running the subs in a combined parallel/series configuration

The first pic was taken after the first Deer Valley run in June of 09. The second and third pics are from my second*Deer Valley*run on Monday, Nov 9th.

notURmailman

Name: Les Delancy
Username: NotURMailman
Mods:
** modified Rough Country 6" X-Flex short arm lift
** custom fabbed front adjustable track bar
** custom fabbed front dropped track bar bracket
** custom fabbed axle end rear track bar bracket
** Ballistic Fabrication 3/4" rod ends on frame ends of track bars
** modified Currie HD steering linkage
** knuckle tapers filpped to run LHD steering links on top of knuckles
** VanCo 15" brake kit with large bore calipers and EBC yellow pads
** SYE and Tom Wood's CV rear drive shaft w/39 tooth Mopar speedo gear
** custom fabbed front sway bar disos
** Skid Row rocker guards
** Skid Row gas tank skid
** Skid Row engine/transmission skid
** modified Skid Row radiator skid
** modified Skid Row steering box skid
** Skid Row front LCA skids
** XRC 8 winch
** KC Hi-Lites
** QA2 OBA system w/2.5 gallon tank and QD fitting in both bumpers
** ARB Safari snorkel
** Cobra handheld CB w/3ft Firestix antenna
** 35x12.50x15 ProComp MTs
** 15x10 ProComp "fake lock" wheels
** Staun beadlocks
** 4.88:1 front(D30) and rear(D44) ring and pinion gears
** Ected lockers front and rear
** D30 axle tube seals
** vent tubes (diffs, trans,*& t-case) routed into air filter box
** auxilary fuse panel for electrical accessories (ignition switched)
** flasher modified for LED operation
**** In-Progress mods:
****** Savvy full aluminum corners
****** Savvy LED tail lights
****** Rock Hard sport cage (has been powder coated gloss black)
****** five point safety harnesses (front seats)
****** Raptor line tub interior
Story:
*** I have been a Jeep guy for years, but had been Jeepless for far too long. In October of 2008 I decided it was time to get another. Before I could make a purchase my job*sent me TDY to Okinawa for three months in November. While there I found several right hand drive Jeeps for sale and thought how sweet it would be to buy one and*send it back to the US. After finding out the cost to send one home, I decided*it wouldn't be nearly that sweet and forgot about the whole thing.
***After returning home in February I got back on the search. I spent an entire day driving from town to town searching for a Jeep, traveling to two different states. Nothing really jumped out at me. On the way home I spotted a black TJ at a lot in my home town (about 5 miles from my house as it would happen) and pulled in.*Right away I noticed it was RHD. Then I checked underneath and found a D44 read and under the hood to find a 4.0. I looked closely to make sure it was a factory RHD and not a conversion. The salesman came out and told me he had taken it on consignment from the owner (a local*rural mail courier) and hadn't been able to sell it. The sticker said 12,990 but he said*she was dropping it to 10,990. After working very hard to act dissinterested I told him I would pay 10,000 out the door. He said he would check with her and let me know, So I gave him one of my cards and left. He*called me the next day and told me it was a deal, so I went down*and gave him 5,000 that afternoon and left with a Jeep and a payment. I had planned to buy what I could get for 5,000 cash, but I couldn't pass this up!*
** I drove it and took it wheeling in stock form. After my wheeling trip the mod bug got me again (I knew that would happen). So,*I sold my little Honda drag car and dug in. It has been a long road, and it isn't over yet. I just finally got her back to where I can drive her, and I still have a pile of parts left to install (the "in-progress" mods listed above). I knew modding a RHD Jeep would pose unique complications, but I didn't quite plan for the full gambit of issues I would have to deal with. Every mod seemed to lead to a new one, or the re-configuring of a previous one. Ofcourse what fun would it be if you could just throw parts on and go?
** So, it has been a complicated and often agravating process. I can't think of one part that has simply gone on the way it was designed. Some issue being from the RHD and some being from combning parts, even down to having to modify the fuel tank skid and hitch to fit together. But, the harder the job, the more rewarding. And I can honestly and proudly say that not a single person other than me has touched a wrench to her since I bought her, although I have gotten an invaluable amount of advise and information from people that I have met through the forum (most noteably Blaine).*She was bone stock and barely used before she came to live with me.
** It is obviously still in the "work in progress" category, with some parts having already been bought and still waiting to go on and other parts still undecided (spare tire mount, bumpers, etc..). I was told there was no rule against work in progree entry in the TJoM contest, so I figured I'd give it one shot! As for the photos; please allow me to appologize for the obvious poser shots, I still haven't had a chance to hit the trails with her yet!
Pictures:

newracer

Name: Michael Castell
Username: newracer
99 TJ Sport
36" x 13.5" IROKs on 15 x 8 Champion beadlocks
Front Axle- *High Pinion Dana 44,*ARB*Locker,*4:56 gears, Chrome Moly*shafts,**Yukon Super U-joints. 3/4 ton Warn locking hubs, custom heavy duty drag links, tie-rods. Crane diff cover, and custom truss.
Rear Axle-*Super 44 (33 spline Chrome Moly shafts),*ARB Air Locker,*4:56 gears. Blue Torch Fab diff cover
Rear axle is pushed back 5"
4.5" Teraflex LCG with a custom built four link system in the rear.
1" body lift and MORE heavy duty motor mounts with 1" lift
TeraLow 4 to 1.
TerraLow SYE
Terraflex Belly Up skid plate
Warn 9000 winch, Roadless Gear In-cab control and wireless control
Poison Spider Customs*front Stinger, Tube fenders, Rocker Guards and Crush Corners
Nth degree oil pan skid
Wilderness rear bumper, tire rack, CO2 mount, Fuel can mount,*and cargo basket.
SWAG Offroad drop down tailgate conversion
The stock gas tank was replaced with a RCI*fuel cell and a custom 3/8" steel skid plate built around it.
Raingler netting
Tuffy center console and rear seat under drawer
OR Fab sport cage.

Unread 11-19-2009, 09:25 PM   #5
-sean-
2005 TJ Wrangler 

second times a charm!
Unread 11-19-2009, 09:27 PM   #6
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

you shut your mouth!

Unread 11-19-2009, 09:31 PM   #7
-sean-
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder6 View Post
you shut your mouth!

Great field this time around, should be a fun one to watch.
Unread 11-19-2009, 09:37 PM   #8
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

holy crap! tough choices! I'm honored to be in such good company
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2009, 10:08 PM   #9
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Always liked Kenbos jeep. Good luck to everyone who entered!

Craaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwllllllllll!!!

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2009, 10:18 PM   #10
EugeneTheTJ
YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS...

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Seeing as how I am not on there, I am pissed. However, good luck to all who got chosen
EugeneTheTJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2009, 10:28 PM   #11
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

you almost were, several of the judges chose you

Unread 11-19-2009, 10:30 PM   #12
2005X
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EugeneTheTJ View Post
Seeing as how I am not on there, I am pissed. However, good luck to all who got chosen
i would have voted for ya
Unread 11-19-2009, 11:38 PM   #13
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

remember everyone to crawl this!

Unread 11-20-2009, 12:08 AM   #14
6thelement
2005 TJ Wrangler 

newracer ftw :2thum bsup:
Unread 11-20-2009, 02:59 AM   #15
mJUSTINm
2006 LJ Wrangler 

damn, theres some seriously nice TJs there. my vote went to sarajanerocks though.. that thing is pretty damn sweet.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.