No Spark! pulled the engine to rebuild forgot to label the wires around the starter - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > No Spark! pulled the engine to rebuild forgot to label the wires around the starter

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOconeeoffroad.com Prothane bushing sale Blowing out inventPoison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955

Unread 11-04-2010, 09:45 PM   #1
tharlan

No Spark! pulled the engine to rebuild forgot to label the wires around the starter

i have a 98 tj and pulled the motor to rebuild it and forgot to lable the wires on the starter and have some extra wires too.
could someone tell me where the two negatives off the battery post go? are they both grounds?
i know the red goes to the starter post and the brown goes to the small bolt.
i do not know where the wire coming from the alternaor goes( the wire coming of the bracket).
i also have a loose ground wire coming off the frame which i think connects to the coil?
they way i have it hook up now is two negative wires going to ground one to the block and one to the frame. red and brown going to starter.
she will crank but theres no spark.
thanks for any help.

tharlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2010, 10:57 PM   #2
wushaw
Rockin jeep

2000 TJ Wrangler 

One of the grounds go to the eng block somewhere and the other goes to the body.
wushaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery , no spark , starter

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.