No oil pressure upon warm start-up - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > No oil pressure upon warm start-up

Dana 30/ Dana 44 Chromoly shaft Kits- ECGSFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201

Unread 08-08-2010, 10:22 PM   #1
red88MJ
2005 LJ Wrangler 

No oil pressure upon warm start-up

Ok here's what I've got...
02' TJ, 4.0, auto, 84k.

Once the motor is at normal operating temperature if you shut the jeep off and start it again in a few minutes the oil pressure guage stays at 0 psi and the check guages light comes on. It will sit there and idle all day after that with no oil pressure on the guage and the check guages light on but the engine will never once sound like it is lacking oil pressure. As soon as you touch the gas pedal and bring the rpm's up the oil pressure guage will start reading pressure. After you bring the rpms up the guage reads normal (about 20-30 psi at idle and up to 50 psi when the rpms are up). It never drops back down to 0 psi after you bring the rpms up the first time. As soon as you shut off the jeep and start it again it reads 0 psi again and you have to bring the rpms back up to make the guage read normal.

Anyone with any ideas?????

MY LJ BUILD... http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/new-project-1066918/
red88MJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2010, 10:39 PM   #2
fishinjeeper
2001 TJ Wrangler 

oil pressure sensor
Unread 08-09-2010, 05:55 PM   #3
red88MJ
2005 LJ Wrangler 

ya think so? I'm looking to buy this thing off of a buddy cause he has to get rid of it and its done this since it had 10k on it when he got it. I know some of the first TJ's (97-98 maybe) had issues with the wiring harness plugs where they pluged into the guages. Does anyone know if this was the case with later TJ's too?

MY LJ BUILD... http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/new-project-1066918/
red88MJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2010, 06:29 PM   #4
fishinjeeper
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I would still say its probably the oil pressure sensor. not that hard to replace and if it fixes the problem then you saved some money instead of takin it to a mechanic. as far as i know the only real wiring harness that around that year that seem to be a constant problem are the blower wiring harness's.
Unread 08-09-2010, 06:36 PM   #5
herbiehind
1999 TJ Wrangler 

change the sending unit
herbiehind is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
oil pressure , gauge , idle , tj , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.