NO bumpstops at all. Adjustable trackbar? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > NO bumpstops at all. Adjustable trackbar?

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 06-20-2012, 09:15 PM   #16
Ak-max
1997 TJ Wrangler 

thanks ill try that, and like i said, michigan rust wasnt having any of the wrenching we were doing on it. Nothing really was haha. ill just order a bumpstop kit online and put new ones on when i get my next day off. I guess i didnt realize how often your bump stops bottom out?

Ak-max is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2013, 11:07 AM   #17
2005rubi
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak-max View Post
thanks ill try that, and like i said, michigan rust wasnt having any of the wrenching we were doing on it. Nothing really was haha. ill just order a bumpstop kit online and put new ones on when i get my next day off. I guess i didnt realize how often your bump stops bottom out?
Hey, I know this is a old thread but I wanted to revisit it to see how your TJ is doing Ak-max! I recently installed the Currie Currectlink and Anti-Rock and experienced death wobble for the first time after that. Also, my steering wheel went 45 degrees off and my steering started to wonder. I am replacing the track bar bushing and hardware at the axle mount and hopefully that will at least fix the death wobble problem. I hope you got your bump stops and are wheeling a little harder. I totally understand about not being able to break stuff but hey, it's all part of the experience. Good luck and Keep Jeepin'!
2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 3.5" Fabtech/Rubicon Express suspention lift, 33" TOYO Open Country M/T's, S&B Cold Air Intake, custom exhaust, Rigid Industires Duallys, Poison Spyder hood louver and steering box skid, XRC winch, Currie Anti-Rock and Curectlynk steering kit, PowerStop brakes.
2005rubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2013, 11:33 AM   #18
Ironhead
2003 TJ Wrangler 

wow, you should never use red font again. was the standard not good enough for you?
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2013, 12:24 PM   #19
KP_1000orTJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead_Jed View Post
wow, you should never use red font again. was the standard not good enough for you?
Haha, agreed. I opened the thread and thought this guy must be real angry. I guess that's what I get trying to read emotions in text form though.
KP_1000orTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2013, 01:33 PM   #20
2005rubi
2005 LJ Wrangler 

OK...no more red.
2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 3.5" Fabtech/Rubicon Express suspention lift, 33" TOYO Open Country M/T's, S&B Cold Air Intake, custom exhaust, Rigid Industires Duallys, Poison Spyder hood louver and steering box skid, XRC winch, Currie Anti-Rock and Curectlynk steering kit, PowerStop brakes.
2005rubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2013, 01:36 PM   #21
WKdeuce
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlimited04 View Post
that was one heck of an act of stupidity.

I hope you know how to use a welder and have at least a day to kill so you can rebuild one of the most important parts of your Jeep's suspension.
He could just use self taping screws........
WKdeuce is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bump stops , death wobble , dw , track bar

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.