Newbie Rubi Build -- Currie JJ Lift with AEV 3" Springs - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Newbie Rubi Build -- Currie JJ Lift with AEV 3" Springs

Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-07-2010, 10:56 AM   #1
AZJeepNewbie
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Newbie Rubi Build -- Currie JJ Lift with AEV 3" Springs

The patient.

The new tires are already on. 255/85/16 Maxxis Bighorns. I really wanted the Toyos, but they're unavailable and I didn't feel like waiting.

The parts. Did I miss anything?

Fun starts tomorrow AM. Stick around, I'm likely to have a LOT of questions.

"Confidence is that feeling you have before you fully understand the situation."
AZJeepNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2010, 11:17 AM   #2
bbuske
2004 TJ Wrangler 

All i can say is I'm jealous of that pile of parts.. good choices. I look forward to seeing your progress

[SIZE="4"][COLOR="Blue"]Looking to Buy Full Doors and a HardTop near Northern California, PM me if you have them for sale or have a lead on some[/COLOR][/SIZE]
bbuske is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2010, 11:20 AM   #3
tigerfan82
2005 TJ Wrangler 

what brand shocks are those?
tigerfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2010, 11:26 AM   #4
Filthy-Beast
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Looks good, is that an Antirock at the top?

For Sale: 2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks

97 TJ: daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
98 TJ: Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
06 LJ Rubicon: mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
13 JKU Rubicon: Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2010, 11:27 AM   #5
AZJeepNewbie
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks guys. Those would be the Rancho RS9000XL 9-way adjustables.

"Confidence is that feeling you have before you fully understand the situation."
Unread 05-07-2010, 11:28 AM   #6
AZJeepNewbie
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-Rubi-LJ View Post
Looks good, is that an Antirock at the top?
Yeah, it is. I haven't fully unpacked it yet because I'm not sure if I'm gonna use it. I may sell it and go with something else.

Unread 05-07-2010, 11:39 AM   #7
TXST8tj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Holy geez man. That is one heck of a kit. I'm not sure there is anything they didn't think about with that kit. I hope that is the one and only kit you will be putting on that Jeep. I couldn't imagine ever replacing all of those parts....I'm just not sure you would get any better.
TXST8tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2010, 11:45 AM   #8
AZJeepNewbie
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXST8tj View Post
Holy geez man. That is one heck of a kit. I'm not sure there is anything they didn't think about with that kit. I hope that is the one and only kit you will be putting on that Jeep. I couldn't imagine ever replacing all of those parts....I'm just not sure you would get any better.
Haha, thanks. That's not all one kit, BTW. It's the basic Currie 4" lift with Antirock as the base. Then I added rear adjustable trackbar, heavy duty steering, mini-skids, front housing JJ upgrades, Rancho steering Stabilizer and RS9000XL shocks, and of course the AEV springs.

Unread 05-07-2010, 11:49 AM   #9
05RubiLJ
2005 LJ Wrangler 

That is a VERY nice kit! I will be very interested to see how you like the Ranchos That was the other choice I was looking at but went with the OME instead. And you went with the JJ on the upper axle side as well. If I had any ability there, I would have attempted it. Maybe some other time. I LOVE the ride though, I can't imagine you will be disappointed.
05RubiLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2010, 11:49 AM   #10
Filthy-Beast
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXST8tj View Post
I really like mine, especially when I watch guys with Quick Disco's trying to get them back in with pry bars and hammers I was thinking about a dual rate like the Swayloc but will wait to see what Savvy comes out with, since the Swayloc is based on Mr. Blaine's design.

For Sale: 2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks

97 TJ: daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
98 TJ: Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
06 LJ Rubicon: mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
13 JKU Rubicon: Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2010, 11:54 AM   #11
AZJeepNewbie
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05RubiLJ View Post
That is a VERY nice kit! I will be very interested to see how you like the Ranchos That was the other choice I was looking at but went with the OME instead. And you went with the JJ on the upper axle side as well. If I had any ability there, I would have attempted it. Maybe some other time. I LOVE the ride though, I can't imagine you will be disappointed.
Thanks! Concerning the JJ axle housing kit -- ha, what abilities? I'm just gonna wing it and see what I can do. It just seems prudent to take care of it while the patient is open on the table. I can probably handle the cutting and grinding and stuff, and I'll grovel around town to see if I can find somebody to haul a MIG over to my house to fry it up.

Unread 05-07-2010, 11:59 AM   #12
RubiconRazorbac
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Anything to correct your driveline angles?
My build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/ru...thread-792423/
RubiconRazorbac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2010, 12:10 PM   #13
AZJeepNewbie
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiconRazorbac View Post
Anything to correct your driveline angles?
My what?

Ha, kidding. I took some advice I read in this forum, and so I'm working with a local driveline guy who's gonna work me up a price. Thinking of going with a 1350 double cardan setup if he can do it reasonably. I hope I'm not making a mistake by not simply going with a Tom Woods or Reel, but it would be nice to get to know the local guy. I went out and visited his shop and was really impressed.

He shares the building with some old crusty dude who I may have install 5.13's for me. He's never done a Dana 44 airlocker before, so I'll have to keep my fingers crossed.

Unread 05-07-2010, 12:13 PM   #14
RubiconRazorbac
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZJeepNewbie View Post
My what?

Ha, kidding. I took some advice I read in this forum, and so I'm working with a local driveline guy who's gonna work me up a price. Thinking of going with a 1350 double cardan setup if he can do it reasonably. I hope I'm not making a mistake by not simply going with a Tom Woods or Reel, but it would be nice to get to know the local guy. I went out and visited his shop and was really impressed.

He shares the building with some old crusty dude who I may have install 5.13's for me. He's never done a Dana 44 airlocker before, so I'll have to keep my fingers crossed.
Sounds like you're cookin' with Crisco
My build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/ru...thread-792423/
RubiconRazorbac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2010, 01:34 PM   #15
-dirt-
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Subscribed! I want to see how much lift you yield with those springs. Be sure to get good before and after measurements. No BL, right?

What kind of extra weight are you packing? I see the winch. Does that roof rack weigh much? Also, are you running a rear tire carrier/HD bumper? I can't tell for sure from the pic, but I think I see the milk jugs on the back...
Red Jeep Club Member #565
My Registry Profile

WTB: UnderCover Fab No-Body Lift Skid Plate
WTB: Rokmen or Currie Control Arms
↑ PM me!

Ever had Death Wobble? Please respond to the poll here!
-dirt- is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.