A Newbie introduces himself and asks Newbie questions--film at 11. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > A Newbie introduces himself and asks Newbie questions--film at 11.

VANCO DUAL MODE KNUCKLE 15" and 16" Big Brake kiLabor Day Sale!Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!

Unread 09-23-2004, 05:29 PM   #1
Copywriter
2000 TJ Wrangler 

A Newbie introduces himself and asks Newbie questions--film at 11.

I'd first like to give a big hello ( ) to everyone and say that after a Volkswagen and various means of public transportation in and around San Francisco, Chicago and London, it's good to be back in a Jeep, and my first Wrangler at that.

And now, the questions I promised you:

1. How do you guys secure your spare tires? I'd like to do it with a padlock so I don't have to walk around with the regular hunk o' lead key all the time but I have no idea what I'd need to make it happen.

2. Please weigh in on my proposed alarm system: Audible alarm and engine kill activated by remote or when the hood is opened. I'm not going to keep anything worth more than $5 in my Jeep, so it's not like the place needs to be locked down like Fort Knox. Still, I'd rather someone didn't try to steal it.

(You know, #2 is more of a request than a question... Damn. There goes my headline.)

A'ight, that should be it. Great to be back in the fold and I hope to see some of you out there on (or off) the road.

Copywriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2004, 05:33 PM   #2
Drjones266

I have a clifford alarm with hood, doors,and tailgate switches that set the alarm off. I also purchased a motion detector for when ever I take my doors and top off I dont want people in my jeep. The motion detector can be kind of expensive how ever, like $100 bucks at bestbuy, but i used to work there and we got them for like $15 bucks. Good luck
Drjones266 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2004, 05:57 PM   #3
ricky

Great Title Man! lmfao!

Bunch of cool lookin' Manik stuff (black)

2" BB

1" BL

BLUE JEEP CLUB MEMBER #56
ricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2004, 06:04 PM   #4
Ludoc

I have a Code CA145 two way pager alarm. Hood pins, door pins, and tailgate pins. Also had Code motion sensor and proximity sensor installed. Has saved my jeep a few times already and love it.
[size=+1][color=red][b][FONT=times new roman][u]RED 04' TJ - 2.4[/FONT][/b][/color][/size][/u] [color=black][b][font=times new roman]4 In Lift, 31" Courser M/Ts, 4.56 gears, JKS Discos, Aussie Auto Locker[/font][/color][/b]
Just a basic Jeep... nothing special.
Ludoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2004, 06:13 PM   #5
Black & Tan

Im going from a Jetta VR6 to a 4.0 Sport and all I can say is I hope the Jeep is more reliable than my VW.

In the last two months of ownership I replaced the throttle body, starter, MAF sensor, coolant pump, coolant sensor, thermostat, alternator and power window supports. Thank God I had the forsight to purchase an extended bumpper to bumper warranty.

DRiving up to get mu little bro's black wrangler in a couple weeks, hopefully no more hassles.
Black & Tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2004, 09:19 PM   #6
Copywriter
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I hear you on the reliability thing. My Jetta 1.8T had its share of problems, though mostly due to my fiddling with it. The main culprit was upping the turbo's boost pressure. Through that alone, I blew my clutch and nearly melted my entire transmission, MAF sensor was screwy all the time (I had heard the VR6s were worse, though) and I destroyed blow off valve after blow off valve. The window regulator thing: that was everyone's problem, including mine, so don't feel too bad about it.

I've got a good feeling about my new W.I.P., though, mainly because I plan on keeping it BONE STOCK.

Oh, I love how everyone else out there in a Wrangler gives me a wave as we pass by. It's like a cult, owning one of these, except no black Nikes.

Ricky: thanks for the compliment, man.

Mods of Practicality.

[URL="http://mcflipper.blogspot.com/"]Your Blog of Blogs[/URL]
Copywriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2004, 07:03 AM   #7
Semprini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copywriter
It's like a cult, owning one of these, except no black Nikes.
Now there's an obscure reference...
Semprini is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2004, 07:18 AM   #8
BigJeepJay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copywriter
I'd first like to give a big hello ( )
Welcome from one M******* to another

[URL="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v516/JeepJay/"]http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v516/JeepJay/[/URL]

TJ Stretch Thread...

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=348220&page=3"]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=348220&page=3[/URL]
BigJeepJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2004, 11:20 AM   #9
rootster
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Welcome! See if these are the answer to your spare tire security question:

http://www.quadratec.com/cgi-bin/sgi...M=10&x=73&y=29

Enjoy your new Jeep!!
rootster is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.