New Winch weight issues.... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > New Winch weight issues....

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 12-26-2005, 11:36 AM   #1
colbyB25
2003 TJ Wrangler 

New Winch weight issues....

I bought a Warn 9.5ti winch a while back and have noticed that the extra weight from the winch causes me to sit a little lower then before. What are my options to gain back that height? Keep in mind that with in the next two weeks I am planning on finally adding my 1.25 BL as well as a MML. Thanks for any advice.

03' Red Rubicon 33' X-Terrains w/ Cragar black 352d wheels 3.5 Skyjacker JKS 1.25 BL w/ 1' JKS BMML .75 front coil spacers Herculined Tub Warn Rock Front and Rear Bumbers Warn 9.5ti Winch Custom Sound System Tuffy Center and Over Head Console (w/ CB) Rear Diamond Plate Corner Panels w/ Euro Tail Light Guards
colbyB25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2005, 11:46 AM   #2
FifteenCents
1997 TJ Wrangler 

3/4 inch urathane spacers

Lots of companies make urathane spaces that go on top of your front springs to get the 3/4 of an inch you loose with a winch. personally I kinda like the "rake" it gives to my jeep. With a full tank of gas mine levels out

http://www.tjhardcore.com
The ultimate TJ owners only forum
FifteenCents is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2005, 01:23 PM   #3
kizer

I added some .75 spring spacers myself. Not to hard of a mod. It'll take you a few hours, but well worth the effort. Keep in mind I already have my desired lift and spacers will add additional height however its not really advised to add spacers then stack more spacers on top.

http://www.links4jeeps.com/writeups/re_spacers/
kizer is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.