New tires: Need 245/75/16 Tire Pressure - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > New tires: Need 245/75/16 Tire Pressure

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 10-04-2012, 06:41 PM   #1
sporticon03
2003 TJ Wrangler 

New tires: Need 245/75/16 Tire Pressure

So I bought a new set of duratras to replace my worn out MTRS and I can't seem to find the right tire pressure. The calculations people recommend and use always come in on the low side, around 25lbs. I believe the stock MTR pressure is 33 but they are an E rated tire and these are Cs. The tire shop set them to 35 and I aired them down to 33 but I'm getting pretty bad gas mileage and I didn't really expect a decrease from MTRS to duratracs.

So what's everyone running on their duratracs, specifically in the 245/75/16 C range variety?

Do lighter tires normally require higher or lower pressure?

Thanks!

sporticon03 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.