New Steering Stabilizer - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > New Steering Stabilizer

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!

Unread 09-06-2013, 06:45 PM   #1
Ebbertr
1998 TJ Wrangler 

New Steering Stabilizer

So I took a look under the Wrangler the other day and noticed that a puddle of fluid under my stabilizer. The entire cylinder was covered as well. So my question is what brand of steering stabilizer would be the most beneficial and would a Rubicon Express be a pretty good part? I'm getting the RE budget boost lift with RE shocks soon and sort of wanted to keep everything matching. Thanks.

Ebbertr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-06-2013, 07:04 PM   #2
SlackJaw
baby jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbertr View Post
So I took a look under the Wrangler the other day and noticed that a puddle of fluid under my stabilizer. The entire cylinder was covered as well. So my question is what brand of steering stabilizer would be the most beneficial and would a Rubicon Express be a pretty good part? I'm getting the RE budget boost lift with RE shocks soon and sort of wanted to keep everything matching. Thanks.
Guys seem to like the OME due to its construction with the shaft protected by metal tube, others have a booty on it. Other than that I understand it really doesn't matter...it's just a shock with 50/50 valving. I'll probably try a $20 Napa job and paint it black when I replace mine.
Unread 09-06-2013, 07:05 PM   #3
rda616
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Go to brand x parts store and get a stock replacement. That is unless you want something shiny to match your new shocks and are willing to pay twice as much for the shiny.
rda616 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-06-2013, 07:13 PM   #4
RDaniel2405

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I bought a Rough Country 2.2 Stabilizer, and it started to leak within 6 months (Rough Country would not warranty it) . Then I bought a Gabriel Stabilizer (painted it grey) for half the price from auto zone and has been working fine for over 1.5 years.
Unread 09-06-2013, 08:29 PM   #5
Ebbertr
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Thank you all! I didn't go with an OME since they're a bit more pricey. I ended up with the RE with a lifetime warranty
Ebbertr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-07-2013, 05:58 PM   #6
Gary2
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I used to say they were all the same but for the hell of it I ran a NAPA one for a year ( about 3,000 miles ) and then a couple months ago I switched to OME . I normally use OME and their is a difference.
Gary2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.