New scrambler...When is it coming - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > New scrambler...When is it coming

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 05-12-2004, 08:43 AM   #1
just1byte

New scrambler...When is it coming

Although the latest lwb jeep release was the unlimited, do you think that DC will still release a scrambler version. Has anyone heard of a proposed release date? I have seen the pics of the proposed scrambler and there was talk that it would be released as an 05 model. Any thoughts?????

just1byte is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2004, 08:48 AM   #2
alabama sahara

Haven't seen a thing on this. Would like to see its new design. Where did you see the pics? I saw a concept jeep Wrangler the other day on T.V., and it was a little rediculious. It was bigger than the Hummer, and even had a camera under the tranny to see upcoming rocks!!!
alabama sahara is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2004, 08:56 AM   #3
WeBeJeepin'

This is from auto123.

"Jeep will designate its newest arrival a 2004½ model, with an expected availability in March of this year. Will a Scrambler pickup be offered off of the same stretched platform? If George Murphy, Jeep's senior vice president of global marketing is to be believed, it's on its way in July. What's next, a fully enclosed 4-door Dakar? We can only hope"

Here's the link:

http://www.auto123.com/en/info/news/...tid=20029&pg=4

What's up with the four-door Dakar?
WeBeJeepin' is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2004, 08:58 AM   #4
just1byte

New scrambler link

Here is a link to the new scrambler:

http://www.autoweek.com/cat_content...._code=06668613
just1byte is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2004, 11:37 AM   #5
TJdave
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Anyone else think that is GAY?? If you want a truck then get a truck, i dunno.
KC daylighters, Warn Front bumper
and some Shrockworks
rock sliders all sitting on 33's
Pictures
NRA Jeeper #9

Ham Radio Call: KI6KCU
TJdave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2004, 11:52 AM   #6
Scootr
2007 JK Wrangler 

Like the Unlimited,I think it would look much better with some bigger meats and a lift on it.

[B] 2007 JK "X" 2dr [COLOR="DarkGreen"]Jeep Green[/COLOR],auto, 4.10's, 6 disc Infinity system with sub, 32's w/Pro Comp Xtreme Alloy Series 8179 wheels, Smittybilt SRC side bars,Sirius 1 unit, Magellan Maestro 3100 GPS . Former Jeeps...02 and 05 TJ Sports
[COLOR="Red"]SEMPER FI ![/COLOR]
[/B]
Scootr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2004, 11:57 AM   #7
JeepGal
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdave
I saw that at Camp Jeep in 2002 :P

I think itd be kinda cool...but dont know what the difference to that and the Umlimited would be, except for the cab hard top and the wood rails

I already use my lil tj as a truck...taking the seat out and loading it up with stuff...itd be nice to have a bit more room, but the added length changes the departure angle on the rocks, and lets be realistic here, whats more important...function or rocks???

On the flip side...the Unlimited has an awesome towing ability of 3500lbs...I could only dream of that!

So I guess it really comes down to how you intend on using your Jeep

Tam
Unread 05-12-2004, 05:37 PM   #8
supertj4415

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scootr
Like the Unlimited,I think it would look much better with some bigger meats and a lift on it.
Couldnt agree any more. However, it would probly still look a little funny to me. The unlimited does too.

I really liked the old CJ8 Scramblers though, this new 1 is kinda a disappointment cause I had the old version in mind.

FUTURE MODS:
44 front/9" rear w/ 4.88s and ARB

[URL=http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/507150][SIZE=3]My Jeep Pics[/SIZE][/URL]

JEEPS won a war....your Honda mowed my lawn
supertj4415 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2004, 06:33 PM   #9
weaselmf

4Wheel magazine did an article on one the AEV built that looks great. Also I have heard that Jeep already made some of these for the Egiptian army. But I couldn't find much info on this.

WeaselMF
weaselmf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2004, 07:31 PM   #10
WAMPAROO

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaselmf
4Wheel magazine did an article on one the AEV built that looks great. Also I have heard that Jeep already made some of these for the Egiptian army. But I couldn't find much info on this.

WeaselMF
AEV makes the Brute conversion

Brute

looks pretty sweet. wish i had dinero
WAMPAROO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2004, 07:32 PM   #11
advtj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdave
Jeep's came in many shapes and sizes, and that's part of the heritage. It looks awesome and just like the original scramblers.

Last edited by advtj; 05-12-2004 at 07:39 PM..
advtj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2004, 07:59 PM   #12
Sporty76

I'm really digging that. Granted, it looks a little silly with those itty bitty tires but... so did the CJ8. I have had a woody for the AEV Brut ever since I saw them and with similar lift and tires, this would be a very close second (for much less denero).

Hopefully DC will decide that us Scrambler drivers can shift our own gears and put the manual in it. If that is the case, I think one of these will be mine... Oh yes, it will be mine!!!

Just me
Frank
Sporty76 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.